Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community
 Announcements
 What seems to be the problem here?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

OuttaHere

58 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2011 :  10:53:57 PM  Show Profile Send OuttaHere a Private Message  Reply with Quote
...did everyone abandon this site? Very little activity compared to a year or so ago, and don't get me it still has high read counts! There is never anything new posted TO read!... As I said WHAT seems to be the holdup?... NO problem with action @ Topix!

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2011 :  12:57:32 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OuttaHere

...did everyone abandon this site? Very little activity compared to a year or so ago, and don't get me it still has high read counts! There is never anything new posted TO read!... As I said WHAT seems to be the holdup?... NO problem with action @ Topix!

The main reason there's nothing new is because it's summertime!

This site was originally created in the fall of 2005 by a school teacher when David Ragucci lost the election. It was created to "keep track" of the goings on at city hall under the Hanlon administration. As you can imagine, there were MANY people that were upset by David losing the election, and those same people were quite angry. Lets not forget, David was in office for 8 years and a lot of people lost out on city pensions by two years. So, you can imagine "who" the posters were..... "why" there were so many...AND... why they all fell off the face of the earth at the same time. Same thing for the Everett Mirror. They were BIG TIME anti-Hanlon as they were anti-DeMaria too. Word on the street was someone got drunk and spilled all the beans and was asked to close the site. Their job was done anyway. Some people have left the city (like my predecessor to this site)..... and the dynamics in Everett have changed drastically over the past few years.

This site has moderators, unlike Topix, and people can spew their venom over there. Topix is full of "Stan's" and Stan like people, with no credibility.

Also, there were a couple of people that were uncomfortable after some crazy rumors got started about tracking down posters. I was in touch with the Forum Company about that. You cant do that...and in my opinion, that was a scare tactic to get people to stop posting. Blog's were a pet peeve of Carlo's.

I may be angry with some people with the current administration (for personal reasons) but this site will remain credible and will never become a Topix. It will always be open to everyone, whether they want to login, post or not post. That is why I cut and paste articles rather than just posting the link, for all to see.

For instance...have you seen today's Independent? Their articles are an exact replica of the City of Everett's press releases. That is WRONG. Seems like Matt Laidlaw is writing for the Independent now (on our dime, of course) and that does nothing but "promote" the mayor

OUR tax dollars hard at work! That's abusing the system. The community garden piece starts off "Mayor Carlo DeMaria Jr" and XXXXXX Same thing for the Code Enforcement piece in todays paper. That also starts off "Mayor Carlo DeMaria Jr"and Code Enforcement, blah blah blah....just like all the press releases. How about giving your employees credit...just once in a while? Does his name really have to be attached to EVERYTHING in this city? All the islands, literally, everywhere you go. No wonder morale is so low. I've never seen anything like it in my life. Just wait for the fountain to go up, and that is so out of place.

I'd would like to see the checks that get cut to the Independent and what articles they are for. We just cant trust the papers, and have to rely online.
Go to Top of Page

OuttaHere

58 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2011 :  4:38:17 PM  Show Profile Send OuttaHere a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gotcha........City full of cowards!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.24 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2