Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 Rumors
 Campaign signs
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dd1

2 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2011 :  3:26:51 PM  Show Profile Send dd1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Isn't it funny that Peter Napolitano put a sign at my house this morning and by this afternoon it was taken down by my landlord (who doesn't even live in Everett) Could be he received a phone call from a "certain someone" who saw it & called my landlords business #

Baby Huey

95 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2011 :  3:38:22 PM  Show Profile Send Baby Huey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you don't own the house, you have no right to place a yard sign on the property. I also rent and my landlord always puts up signs of people I don't support. IMHO, I think signs are a nuisance and should be done away with.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2011 :  3:41:22 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you are homeowner you have every right to put a sign on your property, whether you live there or not. I cant stand lawn signs and wish they would do away with them.
Go to Top of Page

Baby Huey

95 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2011 :  3:43:48 PM  Show Profile Send Baby Huey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Couldn't agree with you more Tails, BTW DD, who do you think called?
Go to Top of Page

cozulady

165 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2011 :  4:37:14 PM  Show Profile Send cozulady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dd1

Isn't it funny that Peter Napolitano put a sign at my house this morning and by this afternoon it was taken down by my landlord (who doesn't even live in Everett) Could be he received a phone call from a "certain someone" who saw it & called my landlords business #

DD also was told that tenants rights allow tenants to display signs for candidates of their choice. No one should remove a sign unless they are the candidate or a committee member. A call should have been placed to Peter's headquarters and requested the sign be moved. Don't get into it with your landlord. It isn't worth it.
Go to Top of Page

dd1

2 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2011 :  4:47:29 PM  Show Profile Send dd1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have no intention of getting into it with my landlord. Been there too long & I love the neighbors I have. But what a coincidence isn't it????? Who do you think made the call????? 3 guesses & the first 2 don't count!!!
Go to Top of Page

scamore

105 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2011 :  08:46:32 AM  Show Profile Send scamore a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I LIKE THE NEW DEMARIA/MANGAN SIGNS ON HOUSES ON LINDEN ST THAT POLICE RESPOND TO LMAO
Go to Top of Page

Marie

114 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2011 :  9:47:32 PM  Show Profile Send Marie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's a DeMaria/McLaughlin sign down on Shute Street.
Go to Top of Page

Baby Huey

95 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2011 :  10:24:34 PM  Show Profile Send Baby Huey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What's wrong with someone supporting two candidates? Like a stated before, I wish they would just do away with signs.
Go to Top of Page

Baby Huey

95 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2011 :  10:29:10 PM  Show Profile Send Baby Huey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another thing I hate is council candidates putting up signs city wide.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2011 :  08:38:52 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If the new charter passes we will be seeing signs in every ward for every candidate.

I agree, I don't like the lawn signs either.
Go to Top of Page

Middle-Man 1

188 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2011 :  12:53:16 PM  Show Profile Send Middle-Man 1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not a big fan of these signs either. I obviously agree if the new charter reform passes you will see signs in every ward for every candidate. On the plus side there will only be 11 City Council candidates as opposed to the 25 now. Thats a good tradeoff in my opinion.
Go to Top of Page

waterboy

101 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2011 :  2:24:23 PM  Show Profile Send waterboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe Everett can follow suit in the future

WORCESTER, Mass. -- For 17 years, as each election approaches, Steve Quist of Worcester has covered his home with campaign signs.

They are everywhere, large and small. Signs are on his lawn, windows, roof and porch.

But under a new city ordinance, his enthusiasm is considered to be over the top. The city is trying to limit the proliferation of all types of signs, commercial and residential, that many see as an eyesore.

Quist has been ordered to take down most of his signs or face a $300 a day civil fine.

Quist said signs for the candidates he backs are not an eyesore. He complained his freedom of speech is being curtailed and will fight the order.

Read more: You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2011 :  11:22:46 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I did not know what thread to put this under.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I do not post on Topix. I read it and most times I find it ridiculous. The stuff posted over there is inflammatory and often times untrue. Personally, I try to post fact, but I'm human and sometimes opinion slips in.

Be careful, things are not what they seem to be.

I know for a fact who posted the Health Care figures. It is NOT who is getting blamed for it. The person who did it is being very manipulative and is trying to discredit someone else. He has chosen to pick on the wrong person this time. There will be legal ramifications to follow. As I get info I will update.

All I can say is shame on Paul! I am not surprised.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2