Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community
 Announcements
 2012 Board of Alderman
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2012 :  2:19:30 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ya know Tails, that's a very good question; I never really thought about it like that. I'd have to guess that it couldn't be more than one; but that wouldn't jive with how I understand the City Solicitor's decision. I guess it's research time.

You may be right about them needing some outside help but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for it.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2012 :  4:21:04 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So, am I getting this correct, the Administration is picking and choosing which part of the new Charter they will use now and then wait until after the election to put in place the full new Charter?

So, Adam Ragucci will not have to wait the year before he can take the job at E911 and Dominic Puleo will get Adam's Council seat and not Len Lo Russo. Sounds a little too convenient to me.

Edited by - massdee on 02/28/2012 4:24:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2012 :  5:58:23 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How long is it going to take to get a ruling on this? What about the consultant the charter commission used? Seems to me he should be able to identify what goes into effect when. Although it also seems like members of the commission should know.......... Or maybe they do & the big guy wants to do it his way?
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2012 :  6:06:33 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As I understand the City Solictor's opinion, certain sections of the new charter that affect the City Council aren't in effect because the body currently known as the City Council isn't the same as the City Council described in the document. So, basically all of Section 2 of the new charter is null and void until January of 2014. But other sections of the document where the body called the City Council has a part, such as approving an administrative code or accepting a capital improvement budget from the Mayor by a certain date seem to be in play was as discussed last night. But others aren't, such as the specific section that someone asked about last night. It just doesn't seem to be a very consistent application of the arguement to me. But as always, I'm not a lawyer.

Given what I just said, I don't feel that you can exactly call it "picking and choosing". The Mayor has chosen the last two years not to supply a capital improvement budget even though he has been asked to do so. so unless he's had a major change of heart, I don't get why that wouldn't have been excluded if they were "picking and choosing".

Bottom line. I just don't get it at all.

Edited by - tetris on 02/28/2012 6:45:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2012 :  11:06:38 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think it's totally foolish. They either are using the new Charter or not. Seems pretty plain and simple to me. I feel like it's just more games. This Puleo thing bugs me. He has now lost two elections in a row and he will get the Ragucci seat. Obviously, the voters didn't want him. I hope the Common Council grows some and does the right thing. The 2013 election is going to be very different and any on the Common Council now should think long and hard before casting their vote for Puleo. Next time they will be running city wide and Puleo has lost city wide, twice.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2012 :  11:31:43 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is the most confusing thing I've seen and does not have to be. I never heard of having two charters and the city solicitor just makes it more confusing. I don't believe a word she says as "her" legal opinion and she's walking on a fine line. She works for the City of Everett, not for Carlo's personal agendas.

City government will never admit they are wrong and will not go to anyone for help. On that matter I'm disappointed with the alderman. They are really failing this issue. Enough is enough.

I implore everyone to at least contact this person:

Marilyn Contreas, Senior Program and Policy Analyst

marilyn.contreas@state.ma.us

and perhaps she should view the ECTV link too.
Go to Top of Page

Fran

250 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  08:59:20 AM  Show Profile Send Fran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Massdee you might have hit on something here with Puleo. Maybe since he last citywide twice the rest ofthe council don't view him as a threat in the next election when they all have to run citywide. This is probably a stretch on my part.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  09:58:17 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fran, what I think, the mayor wants Puleo and what he wants the Common Council usually gives him. Don't forget, the mayor is the one that backed Puleo in both his recent lost elections.

That's why I feel the Administration is manipulating the Charter issue to their own benefit.

Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  10:58:40 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anybody notice that the special BOA meeting that was scheduled for a couple of weeks ago but not held due to the lack of a quorum was rescheduled for last night (3/1)?

Somebody told me that the board refused to go into executive session on a 0-6 vote. Obviously, Mike Marchese had a conflict and couldn't be on the floor for the vote. I'm surprised that there wasn't at least one vote in favor of going into executive session. It seems like the board just doesn't want to get involved with the matter.

Edited by - tetris on 03/02/2012 11:00:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

card

117 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2012 :  09:58:42 AM  Show Profile Send card a Private Message  Reply with Quote
REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF ALDERMEN, MONDAY, MARCH 12,
2012, 7:00 PM, PETER J. MCCARREN MEMORIAL CHAMBERS, EVERETT, MA

PUBLIC HEARINGS
1. A0061-12
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AND COMMENT
In accordance with joint rules of the city council, that each meeting of the city council
shall allow up to ten (10) minutes for public participation and comment prior to the
commencement of the reading of the communications from the Mayor.

COMMUNICATIONS FROM HIS HONOR THE MAYOR
2. A0094-12 Order/s/Alderman Joseph W. McGonagle, as President
Pursuant to Section 10-6(11) of the Everett City Charter adopted in November 2011,
and in order to provide for an efficient transition, the provisions of Section 6-5(a) of said
Charter shall be extended for Fiscal Year 2012 only to allow for the submission of a
Capital Improvement Program to the City Council no later than sixty (60) days before the
beginning of the 2013 Fiscal Year on July 1, 2012.

3. A0095-12 Order/s/Alderman Joseph W. McGonagle, as president
Subject to confirmation by the Honorable Board of Aldermen, I hereby appoint Sean
Dattoili as a Lieutenant in the Everett Fire Department. Mr. Dattoili will be working in the
Fire Prevention Department. He will be assigned to do general fire prevention and will
assist in the Mayor's initiative to battle illegal and unsafe apartments and structures.

4. A0096-12 Order/s/Alderman Joseph W. McGonagle, as President
To accept a donation totaling $159.33 from an anonymous donor to the City of Everett's
Office of Human Services Emergency Services Account.

5. A0097-12 Order/s/Alderman Joseph W. McGonagle, as President
To accept a donation totaling $15.00 from Paul Harvey to the City of Everett's Office of
Human Services Emergency Services Account.

6. A0098-12 Order/s/Alderman Joseph W. McGonagle, as President
To accept donation of $5,000.00 from Distrigas to the City of Everett's Office of Human
Services Emergency Services Account.

PAPERS FROM THE COMMON COUNCIL
7. C0037-12 Order/s/Councilor Cynthia Sarnie
Favorable response from Veteran's Department in accordance with the provisions of
Chapter 17, Section 17.1 (b) of the Revised Ordinances of the City of Everett, “Names &
destinations; erection of signposts”, to dedicate a square in honor of Nicholas and
Thomas Meleones, at the corner of Main Street and Forest Ave, as both brothers served
in WWII. (Passed sent up for concurrence).

8. C0028-12 Resolution/s/Councilor Jason Marcus

8. C0028-12 Resolution/s/Councilor Jason Marcus
Resolution/s/Councilor Jason Marcus-That the City Council of the City of Everett is
opposed to any fare increases by the M.B.T.A.; committee report accepted, passed,
sent up for concurrence to send to MBTA.

9. C0050-12 Order/s/Councilor David Rodrigues, Alderman Sal Sachetta,
Councilor Daniel Napolitano and Alderman Robert Van Campen
That the City of Everett petition the General Court for leave to increase the residential
tax exemption from twenty per cent (20%) to no more than thirty per cent (30%).
(Passed sent up for concurrence.)

10. C0052-12 Order/s/Councilor Daniel J. Napolitano, as President
To authorize a Tax Incentive Financing Agreement, in accordance with Massachusetts
General Law, Chapter 59, Section 5, Clause 51, and Massachusetts General Law,
Chapter 40, Section 59, between the City of Everett and Cubi Realty LLC, (A/K/A Cumar
Inc.), at 69 Norman Street, parcels GO-3A-5000010 and GO-3A-50001A, for a period of
five (5) years. This exemption will apply to new construction and will total one hundred
(100) percent in the first four (4) years and fifty (50) percent in the final and fifth (5th)
year.

COMMITTEE REPORTS
11. A0028-12 Committee on Rules & Ordinances Report
On Ordinance/s/Aldermen Robert Van Campen, L. Charles DiPerri and Joseph
McGonagle - To amend the Zoning Ordinances of the City of Everett by deleting in its
entirety and inserting new Appendix A Zoning Ordinances for the City of Everett; with a
recommendation to request further time and to invite the City Solicitor, Building
Inspector, Planning Board and Zoning Board of Appeals Members to the next meeting
on the subject matter.

12. A0086-12 Committee on Finance Report
On Order from His Honor The Mayor that the City of Everett to vote to raise and
appropriate or transfer funds from available funds a sum of money to operate the FY13
Water/Sewer Enterprise Fund; with a recommendation to request further time and to
invite the same guests to the next meeting.

UNFINISHED BUSINESS
13. A0065-12 Resolution/s/Alderman Robert Van Campen and Councilor
Michael McLaughlin - That the City of Everett establish a "blue ribbon" panel of
business leaders, community activists and elected officials whose focus will be to seek
out businesses wishing to do business in Greater Boston, and market the City of Everett
to them. (2/27-Referred to Mayor to appear this meeting 3/12)

14. A0066-12 Resolution/s/Aldermen Robert Van Campen and Councilor
Rosemary Miller - In light of the transitional provisions contained therein, that the
City Solicitor offer her opinion as to the legal status and effect of the recently ratified
Everett City Charter. (2/27 Referred to City Solicitor to appear this meeting 3/12)

15. A0067-12 Order/s/Aldermen Robert Van Campen, Michael Marchese and
Sal Sachetta - In order to address the impacts of residential overcrowding and its
impact on already strained city services, including school-related services, that the City
of Everett enact a moratorium on the issuance of permits for any new residential
development in the City for a period of one year, and to link said moratorium to a study
of the City's long-term housing needs.(2/27 Referred to Mayor DeMaria to appear this
meeting 3/12).

NEW BUSINESS
16. A0090-12 Resolution/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese
That the City Solicitor appear this meeting to discuss who licenses and/or approves of
sober/rehab houses in the City of Everett and who can access cori background checks.

17. A0091-12 Resolution/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese
That the Board of Aldermen consider dissolving the Water/Sewer Enterprise Fund and
to discuss what it would take to start the process.

18. A0092-12 Resolution/s/Alderman Michael J. Mangan
That the Police notify the residents of 7 Prospect Street to have their dogs kept inside if
they are going to be continually barking all day long.

19. A0093-12 Resolution/s/Alderman Michael J. Mangan
That the Mayor, or his designee, and the Director of City Services appear next meeting
with an actual cost of replacing the bleacher stands at the Recreation Center.

20. A0099-12 Resolution/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese
That the Mayor appear next meeting to explain what the real reason is for the Reverse

21. A0100-12 Order/s/Madam Alderman Millie Cardello and Councilor
Catherine Tomassi Hicks
To dedicate a square in honor of the Cogliano Brothers, Phillip A. Cogliano, Dominic A.
Cogliano, Louis A. Cogliano, Vincent A. Cogliano and John W. Cogliano.

22. A0101-12 Order/s/Madam Alderman Millie J. Cardello
That the M.B.T.A. remove the bus stop in front of the property at 314-322 Chelsea
Street, as the location of the bus stop hinders the pick-up and delivery of the business at
this address. It blocks access to the overhead door entrance.

23. A0102-12 Resolution/s/Madam Alderman Millie J. Cardello
That City Services Department contact the Company that owns the Pole located in front
of 314 Chelsea Street and request that they either replace the Pole or put something on
the support mechanism that is holding this Pole in place, maybe neon tape. Currently
there are plastic bags tied around this mechanism to alert pedestrians that there is a
wire and a pole extending over the sidewalk and anchored into the sidewalk.

24. A0103-12 Resolution/s/Madam Alderman Millie J. Cardello
That the Traffic Commission do a traffic study of the corner of the Parkway eastbound
and Spring Street to see if there may be a police detail necessary, especially on
weekends, due to the amount of cars entering and exiting the car wash; and report back
their findings when study complete.
Adjournment

Reminders: 3/13 6PM Committee on R & O
3/14 6PM Committee on B & A
3/14 6PM Committee on Public Service
3/19 7PM Common Council Meeting
3/21 FYI: 6PM Traffic Commission meets in Keverian Room
3/26 6:30PM Committee on Licenses
3/26 7PM Next Board of Aldermen Meeting
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2012 :  1:55:58 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
2. Gee, what a surprise! And just what would have happened if this piece wasn't approved? That said, it was a no-brainer to give the administration the time that they need to attempt to put a credible Capital Improvement plan in front of the City Council.

3. After passing a residency requirement for new fire and police hires, how come no one asked where the appointee lives?

8. The intent of the piece was OK but it did oversimplify the issue. The BOA took the appropriate action with it IMHO.

9. I don't think that it would have been a bad idea to have an additional tool in the tool bag; nothing said that they had to ever use it.

10. Haven't seen the all of the joint convention yet. Not against TIF's in general; but this seems to be a very sweet deal for applicant. I do agree with Alderman DiPerri though. Why are so many things are done in last minute mode? And unless the times that this state board meets have changed, a "last minute" TIF for Schitnzer was passed in December of 2007 for very similiar reasons (The date I'm sure of; the exact reasons, not so much.)

13. To be honest, I'm too pessimistic to think that this will do a lot of good.

17. I believe that if Alderman Marchese spoke more seriously about the "unspeakable truths" that almost never see the light of day as he did last night, he would be seen as a much more effective legislator. He was dead on when he said that the Common Council as a whole will attempt to any serious cuts to the Water and Sewer budget. It sounded like maybe he was coming around to embrace the single body legislature for just that reason. But it is going to be up to all of us to make sure that the new legislature is more just a "rubber stamp" body. Otherwise, we get what we deserve.
Go to Top of Page

card

117 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2012 :  09:52:43 AM  Show Profile Send card a Private Message  Reply with Quote
(6PM License Committee) (6:45PM Citations from Mayor to Girls Traveling Basketball)

AGENDA AGENDA AGENDA AGENDA AGENDA AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF ALDERMEN, MONDAY, MARCH 26,
2012, 7:00 PM, PETER J. MCCARREN MEMORIAL CHAMBERS, EVERETT, MA

PUBLIC HEARINGS
1. A0108-12
In accordance with Joint Rules of the City Council, that each meeting of the City Council
shall allow up to ten (10) minutes for public participation and comment prior to the
commencement of the reading of the "Communications from the Mayor".

2. A0105-12 Order/s/Alderman Joseph W. McGonagle, as President
To accept the donation of $27,340.00 from the Mary and Phineas Tobe Trust;
$10,000.00 to the renovation of the Shute Memorial Library Account, and $17, 240.00 is
for the shelving for picture books with the remainder to enhance children's and youth
services at the Parlin Library Account.

3. A0106-12 Order/s/Alderman Joseph W. McGonagle, as President
Subject to confirmation by the Honorable Board of Aldermen, I hereby appoint Chief
Vincent Caruso and eleven (11) other listed member of the Everett Auxiliary Police
Department as Special Police Officers for the City of Everett. These appointments shall
be for an unpaid term of one (1) year, expiring March 29, 2013.

4. C0058-12 Order/s/Councilor Daniel J. Napolitano, as President
To accept a donation of $15.00 from Mr. and Mrs. Paul Harvey of the Vietnam Veteran
Club, to the Department of Veteran's Services into the Veteran's Services Gift Account.
(Passed sent up for concurrence and letter of thanks be sent.)

5. C0059-12 Order/s/Councilor Daniel J. Napolitano, as President
That the Chief Procurement Officer is hereby granted permission to accept and dispose
of the following school items: 145 Athletic Cleats, estimated value $50.00 each. Once
declared surplus, the equipment will be donated to the local pop warner youth football
program. (Passed sent up for concurrence)

6. C0048-12 Order/s/Councilor Daniel J. Napolitano
That in accordance with the provisions of Chapter 17, Section 17.1 (b) of the Revised
Ordinances of the City of Everett, “Names & destinations; erection of signposts”, to
dedicate a square in honor of the following who served WWI - Carl Erickson, WWII -
William J. Erickson, and Vietnam - William M. Erickson, in the area of Ferry Street and
Vernal Street.(Favorable recommendation from Veteran's Director) (Passed sent up for
concurrence)

PETITIONS AND LICENSES
7. A0104-12
Petition for Junk Dealer's License at 366 2nd Street from Paul Mattuchio, Inc.

8. A0107-12
Petition for Junk Dealer's License from American Scrap Metal, Inc. at 357 Third Street,
for the purchase and sale of ferrous and non-ferrous metals.

COMMUNICATIONS
9. A0100-12
Favorable recommendation from the Veteran's Director on Order/s/Madam Alderman
Millie Cardello and Councilor Catherine Tomassi Hicks to dedicate a square in honor of
the Cogliano Brothers, Phillip A. Cogliano, Dominic A. Cogliano, Louis A. Cogliano,
Vincent A. Cogliano and John W. Cogliano in West Everett on Main Street.

COMMITTEE REPORTS
10. A0005-12
Committee on Licenses Report on Resolution offered by Alderman Joseph McGonagle -
To establish a fixed fare rate for all taxicab rides within the city limits.

11. A0008-12
Committee on Rules & Ordinances Report on Ordinance offered by Aldermen Joseph
McGonagle, Robert Van Campen, Chuck DiPerri and Councilor Lorrie Bruno: To prohibit
aggressive solicitation and solicitation in certain places within Everett; with a
recommendation for favorable action.

12. A0029-12
Committee on Rules & Ordinances Report on Resolution offered by Aldermen Mike
Marchese and Sal Sachetta: That no department head, including Mayor and
Superintendent of Schools, shall not come looking for additional monies in the event
they overspend their budgets, and that cuts automatically are to be made to respected
budgets except for natural disasters like snow removal; with a recommendation to grant
further time.

13. A0076-12
Committee on Rules & Ordinances Report on Ordinance offered by Alderman Robert J.
Van Campen and Councilor David Rodrigues-That the City of Everett enact a zoning
ordinance defining and restricting the proper location and placement of any home-base
satellite dish and/or device on one's property; with a recommendation to grant further
time.

14. A0083-12
Committee on Rules & Ordinances Report on Resolution offered by Alderman Michael
Marchese that the City considers fining landlords who allow businesses, which require
licenses, to operate on their property (can sales, flower sales, barbecue) on whatever
requires licensing from this Board; with a recommendation to grant further time.

15. A0037-12
Committee on Licenses Report on Application for a Lodging House License from David
A. Molle for the FENNO'S at 336 Broadway.

UNFINISHED BUSINESS
16. A0093-12 Resolution/s/Alderman Michael J. Mangan
That the Mayor, or his designee, and the Director of City Services appear next meeting
with an actual cost of replacing the bleacher stands at the Rec Center. (3/12

Referred to
City Services Director, Mayor and Recreation Commissioner for a response this meeting
3/26)

NEW BUSINESS
17. A0109-12 Resolution/s/Madam Alderman Millie J. Cardello
To have the Traffic Commission look at the feasibility of changing the parking of
commercial vehicles on specific streets throughout the City and give an alternative to
where these vehicles can park. This would require a change to the current ordinance so
therefore this item is to be referred to the Traffic Commission and the Rules and
Ordinances Committee to be discussed after the traffic commission meets in April.

Adjournment
Reminders:
3/26 6PM License Committee
3/27 6PM Public Safety Committee
3/28 6PM Finance Committee
4/2 7PM Common Council
4/3 6PMPublic Service Committee
4/4 6PM Rules & Ordinances Committee
4/9 7PM Next Board of Aldermen Meeting
Respectfully submitted,
Caroline McCorry
Admin. / Office Manager
Everett City Council Office
council@ci.everett.ma.us
You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2012 :  09:34:45 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyone have the agenda for tonight's BOA meeting?
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2012 :  10:54:47 AM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It finally got posted to the city web site this morning Massdee; it wasn't there all weekend. There's also a Joint Convention scheduled for 6 PM to discuss borrowing money for the Shute Library project. Judging from what's posted on the city web site under agendas, that joint convention was previosly scheduled for last week but I guess that it never happened.

REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF ALDERMEN, MONDAY, APRIL 9, 2012, 7:00 PM, PETER J. MCCARREN MEMORIAL CHAMBERS, EVERETT, MA

PUBLIC HEARINGS

1. A0112-12
Public Participation and Comment in accordance with Joint Rules of the City Council, that each meeting of the City Council shall allow up to ten (10) minutes for public participation and comment prior to commencement of the reading of the "Communications from the Mayor".

2. A0118-12
To all parties interested in the petition for an Auto Repair-Body Shop License for Rodrigo Tom D/B/A Tom Auto Body at 101 Paris Street #5, Everett, MA.

3. A0113-12 Order/s/Alderman Joseph W. McGonagle, as President
To accept the donation totaling $200.00 from Lisa Pontoriero to the 9/11 Memorial Fund Account (Memorial Project in Everett Square).

4. A0125-12 Order/s/Alderman Joseph W. McGonagle, as President
Subject to confirmation by the Honorable Board of Aldermen, I hereby appoint Jermaine Bellard as a Patrolman to the City of Everett's Police Department.

5. A0126-12 Order/s/Alderman Joseph W. McGonagle, as President
To accept donations totaling $300.00 to the City of Everett's Office of Human Services Emergency Services Account from the following: Joseph King $100.00 and Jack McGrath $200.00.

6. C0064-12 Order/s/Councilor Daniel J. Napolitano, as President
To accept the donation of $50.00 from Rita Hurley to the Everett Beautification Account. Passed sent up for concurrence)

7. C0067-12 Order/s/Councilor Daniel J. Napolitano, as President
To transfer $43,000.00 from the following accounts into the City Services Electricity Account: Salaries $10,000.00 and Wheelabrator Upgrade $33,000.00. (Passed sent up for concurrence)

8. C0068-12 Order/s/Councilor Daniel J. Napolitano, as President
To transfer $227,146.00 from the Unemployment Compensation Account into the following Accounts: Active Police & Fire $45,302, WC Trst/Exs. Ins. $139,664.00, WC Claims Admin $42,180.00. This is due to the increase in claims during our current fiscal year. (Passed sent up for concurrence)

9. C0069-12 Order/s/Councilor Daniel J. Napolitano, as President
To transfer $130,000.00 from the following accounts into the City Services Gasoline/Diesel & Oil Account: Solicitor's Salary $15,000, City Service's Salary $28,000.00, Equipment Hire $37,000.00, Salt/Snow/Ice $21,000.00 Recyclables $20,000 and Rubble/Yard Waste $9,000.00. This is due to the increase in gasoline costs during this fiscal year. (Passed sent up for concurrence)

10. C0070-12 Order/s/Councilor Daniel J. Napolitano, as President
That the following revolving account be authorized in accordance with Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 44, Section 53E 1/2, in the amount not to exceed those set forth below; this account may be collected and expended by the designated City Officials(s), for the specified purpose during Fiscal Year 2012:

Expenditure Purpose: Cemetery Flags,
Receipts: Reimbursements by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts; Responsible City
Officials: Veteran's Director, FY12 Limit: $7,500.00. (Passed sent up for concurrence)

11. A0008-12 Ordinance/s/Aldermen Joseph McGonagle, Robert Van Campen, L. Charles DiPerri and Councilor Lorrie Bruno
To prohibit aggressive solicitation and solicitation in certain places within Everett; with a recommendation for favorable action. (Enrolled in concurrence, sent up for ordainment)

12. C0061-12 Order/s/Councilor Daniel J. Napolitano and Alderman Joseph W. McGonagle
That the City continue to do the audit in its current format, until the full Charter takes effect in 2014. (Passed sent up for concurrence)

13. C0066-12 Ordinance/s/Councilors Rosa DiFlorio, Cynthia Sarnie, Sergio Cornelio, Michael McLaughlin, Leo McKinnon, Aldermen Robert Van Campen and Michael Marchese
Section 1-25 Residency Requirement

Any permanent full time employee where the mayor is the appointing authority with the exception of Department Heads, hired on or after July 1, 2012, shall establish such employee’s residency within the City of Everett within one hundred eighty (180) days of such employee’s date of hire, and at a minimum, shall remain a resident of the City through such employee’s seventh anniversary date of hire, at which time at such employee’s, sole discretion such employee may establish residency either within or outside of the City. Each permanent full time employee where the mayor is the appointing authority with the exception of Department Heads hired on or after July 1, 2012, on each and every anniversary date of hire, through and including such employee’s seventh anniversary date, shall submit to the City’s Human Resources Department proof of residency within the City satisfactory to the Human Resources Department. Any permanent full time employee where the mayor is the employed by the City prior to July 1, 2012, shall be exempt from this residency ordinance. (Enrolled sent up for concurrence, reconsideration failed)

PETITIONS AND LICENSES
14. A0115-12
Petition for Junk Dealer License from Prolerized NE Co. LLC at 69 Rover Street.

15. A0116-12
Petition for Junk Dealer License from Prolerized NE D/B/A Second Street Iron at 285 Second Street.

16. A0117-12
Petition is for a Garage License from James Endicott D/B/A Summit Management Group, Inc. at 138 Spring Street.

17. A0119-12
Petition for Open Air Parking License from AG Quealy Towing Inc., at 52 Robin Street for open air parking of motor vehicles towed as a result of a breakdown or police order.

18. A0120-12 Petition
Petition for Open Air Parking License from A.G. Quealy Towing Inc. at 26 Garvey Street for open air parking of motor vehicles towed as a result of breakdown or police order.

19. A0121-12 Petition
Petition for Junk Dealer's License from HH&M Metals, Inc. at 337 Second Street, to be a dealer in a keeper of a shop for the purchase, sale or barter in junk, old metals, and second hand articles.

COMMUNICATIONS

20. A0114-12
Communication from National Grid is a notification of D.P.U. Order 11-51 which is a project to construct and operate a 115 kV underground transmission line in the Cities of Boston and Everett.

COMMITTEE REPORTS

21. A0086-12
Committee on Finance Report on Order from His Honor The Mayor that the City of Everett to vote to raise and appropriate or transfer funds from available funds a sum of money to operate the FY13 Water/Sewer Enterprise Fund; with a recommendation to for favorable action on the FY13 Water/Sewer Enterprise Fund Budget as submitted by the Mayor and as amended by the Committee with $620,000 in budget reductions to the following line items: Water Main Replacement - $400,000, Emergency Repair $50,000, Capital Items $130,000, Salaries $40,000.

22. A0031-12
Committee on Finance Report on Resolution offered by Alderman Mike Marchese that in light of the recently adopted City Charter, that the City Clerk conduct a study of compensation levels for elected positions of city councilors, aldermen and mayor in surrounding cities of Malden, Medford, Revere and Somerville, to include term of office for said positions; with a recommendation to request further time and to invite the Mayor, City Solicitor and City Clerk to next meeting on Finance.

23. A0082-12
Committee on Public Safety Report on Resoluiton offered by Alderman Michael Marchese that the City consider appropriating monies to provide adequate cameras on main streets to curb crime; with a recommendation to refer to the Mayor.

24. A0028-12 /s/Committee on Rules & Ordinances Report
On Ordinance/s/Aldermen Robert Van Campen, L. Charles DiPerri and Joseph McGonagle - To amend the Zoning Ordinances of the City of Everett by deleting in its
entirety and inserting new Appendix A Zoning Ordinances for the City of Everett; with a recommendation to request further time and to request that the City Solicitor review the proposed zoning changes and offer her opinion at the next Committee meeting and that invites be sent to the City Solicitor, Building Inspector, Planning Board and Zoning Board of Appeals Members to attend the next meeting on the subject matter.

25. A0076-12
Committee on Rules & Ordinances Report on Ordinance offered by Alderman Robert J. Van Campen and Councilor David Rodrigues-That the City of Everett enact a zoning ordinance defining and restricting the proper location and placement of any home-base satellite dish and/or device on one's property; with a recommendation to request further time.

UNFINISHED BUSINESS

26. A0107-12
Petition for Junk Dealer's License from American Scrap Metal, Inc. at 357 Third Street, for the purchase and sale of ferrous and non-ferrous metals.

27. A0037-12 Order/s/Alderman Joseph W. McGonagle, as President
Application for a Lodging House License from David A. Molle for the FENNO'S at 336 Broadway.

NEW BUSINESS

28. A0110-12 Resolution/s/Madam Alderman Millie Cardello
To request that the Owner and Manager of CARLOS' USED CARS/REPAIR SHOP at 67 Rear Chelsea Street, and Mr. Guido Mondello, the property Owner of 67 Rear Chelsea Street, to appear before the Board of Aldermen's License Committee on Monday, April 23rd at 6:30 p.m., to discuss the operation of their business and activites taking place on the property.

29. A0111-12 Resolution/s/Madam Alderman Millie Cardello
To ask the Owner/Manager of the Everett Car Wash located on the Revere Beach Parkway to appear before the Board of Aldermen to discuss the possiblity of a detailed police officer on weekends because traffic gets backed-up trying to get in there and has become a public safety issue.

30. A0123-12 Resolution/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese
That the Clerk of Committees consider stacking committee meetings in one night.

31. A0124-12 Resolution/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese
That the City consider making Burditt Way a public parking lot for Glendale Square area with possiblity of private/public funding.
Go to Top of Page

card

117 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2012 :  1:19:53 PM  Show Profile Send card a Private Message  Reply with Quote
#4 If the officer lived in Everett I would be happy but he doesnt' he is from Malden
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.37 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2