Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 Local Election
 Mayor Race 2013
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2012 :  1:31:13 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is a rumor out there that Millie Cardello is thinking of running for mayor in 2013. At this point it is only a rumor and the Millie Cardello bashing has already started over on Topix. It's going to be a long two years.

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2012 :  2:21:53 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had also heard that she was considering a run. In that same conversation I was told some businesses have been told not to talk to her. No idea the extent of it. That said, if anyone is considering running for office they have to NOT focus on the nonsense online and stick to the issues. Make the commitment…stick to it…. campaign hard and knock on those doors. Anyone will have a good chance.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  3:42:52 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was just reading this weeks Independent and they are reporting both Van Campen and Cardello are in "the beginning stages of considering a run for the mayor's office".
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  10:07:34 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can see Van Campen but not Cardillo...........
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2012 :  12:56:15 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was driving through the square a little while ago and saw a "Van Campen for Mayor" bumper sticker. I guess it's official.
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2012 :  10:34:08 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seems like it's a little early, isn't it?
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2012 :  4:39:01 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would think he would have to start early to be able to raise the funds needed to run for mayor.
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2012 :  9:43:36 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You're probably right but I was thinking it's too early to show his hand............
Go to Top of Page

charm

264 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2012 :  08:12:12 AM  Show Profile Send charm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am not getting excited over this race as of yet, VanCampen has been running for 8 years, I too saw the homemade bumper stickers, those are the people who really want him to run, but I will believe it when I see the announcement in the paper
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2012 :  08:39:16 AM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Homemade bumper stickers? Don't people realize that's a decision he has to make on his own?
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2012 :  09:01:19 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The bumper sticker I saw was not homemade. It was red, white and blue and it said "Robert Van Campen for Mayor of Everett".
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2012 :  10:13:59 AM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, homemade or not, I still think it's too early for him to be declaring his intentions.............. Especially if he keeps doing stupid things like voting for that ridiculous salary for the new council.

If he really wants this, he needs to step up & stop going along with everything. Ask the hard questions & push for answers, not the crap that Carlo throws around. I like the guy but he comes off as being a little short on cajones & he'll be going against a man who's are solid gold & as big as they get!

Edited by - justme on 08/06/2012 10:15:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

charm

264 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2012 :  9:36:57 PM  Show Profile Send charm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
sorry to disappoint massdee, they are homemade. it's on his facebook page they are taking his old bumper stickers red white and blue, and adding mayor to them, trust me I would be the first in line for a vancampen for mayor bumper sticker, lawn sign, and holding signs for him but they are homemade. bummer one can only wish.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2012 :  12:32:39 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by charm

sorry to disappoint massdee, they are homemade. it's on his facebook page they are taking his old bumper stickers red white and blue, and adding mayor to them, trust me I would be the first in line for a vancampen for mayor bumper sticker, lawn sign, and holding signs for him but they are homemade. bummer one can only wish.

Why do people do stupid things like that? If you really want someone to run, then back-off and let the man announce it first. I swear, people create their own problems.
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2012 :  1:19:08 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tails

quote:
Originally posted by charm

Why do people do stupid things like that? If you really want someone to run, then back-off and let the man announce it first. I swear, people create their own problems.

That kind of foolishness creates problems for a potential candidate. If VanCampen or anyone else chooses to run, they should be afforded the courtesy of making the announcement at a time & place of their choosing. Putting them in a position where they have to deny they're going to run or announcing before their ready is not helping a candidate at all!
Go to Top of Page

michael

195 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2012 :  06:57:27 AM  Show Profile Send michael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
so I hear that Janice Vetrano is going to be writing all of VanCampen literage for his up coming mayor run, he just lost my vote
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3  Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2