Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Committee Meeting Minutes and Discussion
 Committee Reports
 PUBLIC SAFETY MEETING
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

waterboy

101 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2012 :  09:17:42 AM  Show Profile Send waterboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE MEETING
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 6:00 PM (Shown live on ECTV-16)
Held in Everett Council Chambers, 484 Broadway, 3rd Floor, Everett City Hall

2012 MEMBERS: Alderman Mike Marchese, Alderman Rob Van Campen, Madam
Alderman Millie Cardello, Councilor Leo McKinnon-Co-Chairman, Councilor Mike
McLaughlin, Councilor Lorrie Bruno, Councilor Cynthia Sarnie, Councilor Adam
Ragucci Notices posted 2-8-12

AGENDA
1. C0014-12 Resolution/s/Councilor John Leo McKinnon-That a representative
from Cataldo Ambulance appear at the next public safety committee meeting
to explain their response to a town that they are not contracted with, and if
there is a charge to individual or citizen in reference to mutual aid and also
the city. Invited: Sponsor and Cataldo Ambulance.

2. C0022-12 Resolution/s/Councilor John Leo McKinnon-To invite the City
Services Director and the City Engineer to next meeting relative to explaining
process for requesting that the black painted cement poles be placed in front
of 66 Lynn Street to keep cars from sliding into the hours. Invited: Sponsor,
Representative of the City Services Commission, City Solicitor and City
Engineer.

3. C0023-12 Resolution/s/Councilor Wayne A. Matewsky-That a Representative
from National Grid appear relative to discussing long waits for double pole
removals, and also their policy on fixing street lights in the City. Invited:
Sponsor, Dan Cameron from National Grid.

4. C0024-12 Resolution/s/Councilors Mike McLaughlin and Adam Ragucci-That
Mr. John Field, Head of ISD, appear next meeting of the Common Council to
update us on the illegal rooming houses that they have found in the City.
Invited: Sponsors, Fire Chief Dave Butler, Mr. John Field, ISD Director and
Code Enforcement Task Force.

Adjourn Respectfully submitted:

Caroline McCorry, Adm. Assist. / Office Manager
Everett City Council Office
council@ci.everett.ma.us
cc: Members, Website Posting ECTV to Post and Show Live at 6pm Fac. Maint. To have City Hall rear door opened at
5pm.

waterboy

101 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2012 :  09:20:36 AM  Show Profile Send waterboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I WAS WATCHING THIS MEETING LAST NIGHT AS IT AIR AROUND 11 I AM APPALLED TO LEARN THAT THE FIRE DEPT. WILL NOT BE CHECKING APARTMENT BUILDINGS IN THE CITY FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE LIVING IN ONE BEDROOMS THAT ARE CREATED FOR ONE PERSON AND NOT MORE, I JUST DON'T GET THIS CITY AT ALL.

IF YOUR GOING TO INSPECT HOMES, WHAT IS WRONG WITH APARTMENT BUILDINGS?
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2012 :  10:04:26 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I did not see the meeting but that makes no sense to me at all. I know I’ve seen certain apartment building in the city that are 1-2 bedrooms…but have five names on a single mailbox.

What’s the difference if you are cramming people into an illegal “apartment building” or “illegal house?"

It’s both illegal and both against code.

Why are homes getting singled out? Not all…but a lot of the apartment building landlords are absentee... and only care about collecting their checks and some are the worst offenders when it comes to the upkeep and safety of the building. Apartment buildings worry me the most because there are move lives in there and with more people comes someone that does something stupid… like leaving a space heater on…etc…and puts other people’s lives in danger.

I would go ward by ward and tackle every BUILDING (apartment and homes) in the city. Did anyone question WHY they chose not to go into apartment buildings?
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2012 :  3:27:19 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by waterboy

I WAS WATCHING THIS MEETING LAST NIGHT AS IT AIR AROUND 11 I AM APPALLED TO LEARN THAT THE FIRE DEPT. WILL NOT BE CHECKING APARTMENT BUILDINGS IN THE CITY FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE LIVING IN ONE BEDROOMS THAT ARE CREATED FOR ONE PERSON AND NOT MORE, I JUST DON'T GET THIS CITY AT ALL.

IF YOUR GOING TO INSPECT HOMES, WHAT IS WRONG WITH APARTMENT BUILDINGS?

I saw this meeting and apartment buildings were not part of this particular program… because the Chief said they are done once a year as routine.

That’s great, but don't believe those routine inspections are looking for code violators in each apartment within the building. That is something that needs to be done and I still see 5 names on a mailbox even after those inspections… and I’m sure there’s many more.

I’m glad you mentioned it because I was appalled at the badgering of Cataldo Ambulance. I’ve known Robert and Dennis for many years and they are great people that would give you the shirt off their backs…and to come to Everett from Florida and get interrogated because of a letter to Winthrop, should have never been on the calendar. Can I put that I want my alderman to have Obama at the next finance meeting to ask if he’s intentionally bankrupting this country? Lets get real.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2012 :  4:10:45 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Re: The President

No you can't Tails...you probably could if Jason Marcus was still an alderman though.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2