Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community
 Community
 PARKING CLERK ISSUE
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

makemelaugh

37 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2012 :  08:22:37 AM  Show Profile Send makemelaugh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ATTENTION TO THE BOARD AND TO THE NO-SHOW MAYOR

I WAS IN FOR A PARKING HEARING YESTERDAY AND FOUND OUT THAT ONE OF YOUR CLERKS DID THE HEARING AND IT WAS NOT THE HEARING OFFICER MICHELLE KARAS, IT WAS A LADY BY THE NAME OF KATHY BEREZNOSKI, THE REASON WHY I AM POSTING THIS.

1. SHE IS A CLERK WHO WORKS FOR CITY HALL
2. CAN SHE LISTEN TO HEARINGS AND MAKE DECISIONS?
3. WILL SHE GET PAID FOR BEING A STEP IN HEARING OFFICER?
4. WAS SHE SWORN IN TO DO THIS JOB?

I KNEW SOMETHING WAS WRONG WITH THE LADY FROM THE UNION. AT THE TIME OF MY HEARING I ASK HER (KATHY) IF SHE CAN DO THE JOB.

I AM NOT APPEALING MY TICKET TO THE COURT, I FEEL I WAS NOT JUSTIFIED NOT HAVING A HEARING OFFICER LISTEN TO MY CASE. AND IF ANYONE HAS A LAW OR ORDINANCE ON THIS CAN YOU PLEASE POST SO I MAY USE IT FOR MY CASE

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2012 :  09:35:33 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There are a lot of issues/complaints with the parking office from the minute Mr. Kelly retired. We now have a parking clerk earning $83,000.00 with the justification that she will also be the hearing officer (For the record - NOT even an Everett resident)

Are you not supposed to attend classes and be certified for that?? I mean no offense to anyone....but are you saying any "level entry" person can go and make those decisions? Who swore her in if not the city clerk?.............AND.......I'm sure a union position is *not* doing it for free. If that's the case there's a lot of double dipping here!! Something is not right, and I would contact every single alderman about it.

And too boot.....these people are working FOUR DAY work weeks!

I would bring this to all the alderman's attention and have one put it on the calendar, and with evidence from the city solicitor that parking attendants can write tickets during street sweeping and TOW. There's a gray line on all these issues and makes one wonder.
Go to Top of Page

cathyk

97 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2012 :  11:25:39 AM  Show Profile Send cathyk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The city is so out of control when you have a mayor who doesn't care, all he cares about is his food and having fridays off. From what I hear the meter maids don't work their regular hours.
Go to Top of Page

raguccicanseeyou

7 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2012 :  06:10:50 AM  Show Profile Send raguccicanseeyou a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Everyone should be re-assign and bring in new qualified people.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2012 :  11:55:53 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote

October Activity

Reply author: charm
Replied on: 10/03/2012 09:29:14 AM
So why is a meter maid doing hearings on parking issues? Wouldn't that be a conflict of interest, espicially if she gave the citizens a ticket, then met them, then just dismiss them? Where is the protocol?
Replied on: 10/03/2012 09:55:32 AM
There is something amiss going on in the parking clerks office that some elected official had better get to the bottom of, and fast.

I'm hearing Michelle is appointing anyone she wants as a hearing officer and those "appointees" are getting extra pay (even though that was the justification for her additional $10,000.00 on her salary) so there's some big time double dipping here. People that I know that are doing the hearings are NOT trained hearing officers but are getting paid to do so. I've heard this from three different people so I know something is going on with it. If the administration denies it, then they are liars.

Forget the Ethics Commission they are a waste of money and human space. They have 0 integrity and overlook their own rules. The commission should not even exist. Probably time to get a 4 year synopsis ready and send it in to Howie Carr.....with all the ethical complaints that have been overlooked in Everett....for some reason....
Replied on: 10/03/2012 2:39:30 PM
That is true Tails, anyone is being appointed to hear these cases. I still say it's illegal but who am I, just a citizens who cares about the City of Everett and the way it is going down hill, If I could sell my house I will be out of here in a second but no one wants to come to Everett, just churches.
Replied on: 10/03/2012 9:40:00 PM
I keep wondering why Michelle got an additional 10K when her salary is actually 21K more than Mr Kelly was earning? He was appointed the Parking Clerk/Hearing Officer under John McCarthy, David Ragucci, John Hanlon, & Carlo. Hearing Officer for Code Enforcement was added to his responsibilities a couple of years ago.

Exactly what hearings is Michelle doing? She's not doing Code Enforcement & she has taken it upon herself to "swear in" a clerk & an Enforcement Officer. What is she doing to earn 83K a year? Does she wear knee pads?
Replied on: 10/04/2012 6:45:27 PM

ATTENTION TO THE BOARD AND TO THE NO-SHOW MAYOR

I WAS IN FOR A PARKING HEARING YESTERDAY AND FOUND OUT THAT ONE OF YOUR CLERKS DID THE HEARING AND IT WAS NOT THE HEARING OFFICER MICHELLE KARAS, IT WAS A LADY BY THE NAME OF KATHY BEREZNOSKI, THE REASON WHY I AM POSTING THIS.

1. SHE IS A CLERK WHO WORKS FOR CITY HALL
2. CAN SHE LISTEN TO HEARINGS AND MAKE DECISIONS?
3. WILL SHE GET PAID FOR BEING A STEP IN HEARING OFFICER?
4. WAS SHE SWORN IN TO DO THIS JOB?

I KNEW SOMETHING WAS WRONG WITH THE LADY FROM THE UNION. AT THE TIME OF MY HEARING I ASK HER (KATHY) IF SHE CAN DO THE JOB.

I AM NOT APPEALING MY TICKET TO THE COURT, I FEEL I WAS NOT JUSTIFIED NOT HAVING A HEARING OFFICER LISTEN TO MY CASE. AND IF ANYONE HAS A LAW OR ORDINANCE ON THIS CAN YOU PLEASE POST SO I MAY USE IT FOR MY CASE

I hate to tell you this but................ it appears to be legal. I think paragraph 6 covers it pretty well.

You must be logged in to see this link.
Replied on: 10/04/2012 9:47:50 PM
thanks justme but I was looking for the ordiance written by Paul Kelly but I got my answer, and it's not legal,I guess this is coming up in the near future with the BOA,. thank you
Replied on: 10/05/2012 06:29:08 AM

thanks justme but I was looking for the ordiance written by Paul Kelly but I got my answer, and it's not legal,I guess this is coming up in the near future with the BOA,. thank you

I'm glad you have the answer you want but I'm not sure it's correct. There may be a city ordinance that addresses this situation but Mr Kelly never held an elected office & would not have been in a position to write it. I'd be very surprised to find a city ordinance addressing this particular situation.

There are many of us who are not happy with what's happening in the Parking Clerk's Office & City Hall in general but I wouldn't take anyone's word on this without seeing supporting documentation.
Replied on: 10/05/2012 07:04:42 AM
did anyone catch the ward one meeting last night? the new parking clerk, IT director is going to be making major changes to her department. If I could follow what she was saying about the IT department there is a new web site coming to the old web site where you can pay parking tickets, ask for visitor passes and overnight parking stickers they are going to phase out the parking clerks office in the next 6 months to a year, she is also putting out a RFP for a company to do the ticketing & towing since Somerville, Cambridge and Winthrop all do this now. One woman got up at the microphone and stated that the web site is old and not up to date, got her water bill that said increase but no increase amount disclosed on the bill. the parking director told her she was sorry cause they didn't have the new increases as she updates the web site, so let me get this, sheis the parking director the IT director and she mails out water bills. but she doesn't do hearing cause she is overwhelm with her other hats, and the parking dept. is running a muck with meter maids doing hearings.
Replied on: 10/05/2012 07:46:47 AM
Sounds interesting. I can't wait to hear what the BOA think of her plan..............
Replied on: 10/10/2012 06:46:05 AM
I want to know why KATHY BEREZNOSKI reduced everyone's tickets yesterday at whopping $5.00 FINE?
I also want to know why Ms. Flagg got a visitors passes for NOTHING, yes you heard me NOTHING, why do we citizens have to pay the $25.00 and just because she is friends with the MAYOR and storms upstairs and the next MAYOR calls and say's JUST GIVE IT TO HER. WHY?

AND A BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE TO ALDERMAN MARCHESE FOR SPEAKING HIS MIND WE HAVE A MAYOR WHO DOES NOT WANT TO WORK WHO CARES ABOUT HIS KIDNEY STONES IF HE DIDN'T INTAKE FOOD SO MUCH HE WOULD BE A MAYOR WHO DOESN'T HAVE A CLUE ANYWAYS.

I figure out the hours what the alderman was trying to do last night this week the lovely city hall employees are only working 29.5 hours, I agree with the Alderman they should not rec'd a full pay check at all.
Replied on: 10/11/2012 1:07:13 PM
CAUSE THE CITY IS OUT OF CONTROL THAT IS WHY
Replied on: 10/15/2012 7:23:26 PM
THE WHOLE ADMINISTRATION IS OUT OF CONTROL
Replied on: 10/25/2012 08:01:15 AM
so does Michelle have a job in the near future, from what I was hearing this morning it's iffy, another clerk doing hearings again, why not just have the citizens do the hearings
Replied on: 10/25/2012 11:41:36 AM
Not sure why her title is Parking Clerk/Hearing Officer. She spends all her time doing MIS & is ignoring the Parking Clerk office & staff. It's a shame that since Mr Kelly retired that office has gone completely to hell..........
Replied on: 10/25/2012 2:04:49 PM
That's because all the experienced people are gone. I know he had every right to retire, but they are not hiring people that even come close to his potential. When the servers were down from a catastrophic failure, who paid for her guy to come in from Washington to fix it? Your telling me no one from around here could fix a server? Another issue and it's been said before when you combine these departments..... IT, Parking (which have nothing to do with each other...and are only an excuse to give friends higher payrolls) they don't work out.

I just don't get any of it. When Erin Deveney was going to be Chief of Staff and City Solicitor , the Ethics Commission said no. Now, Rodrigues is assistant City Solicitor and Chief of Staff while the wife is on leave and it's okay?? Too many questions are not being asked or answered.
Replied on: 10/25/2012 2:31:13 PM

That's because all the experienced people are gone. I know he had every right to retire, but they are not hiring people that even come close to his potential. When the servers were down from a catastrophic failure, who paid for her guy to come in from Washington to fix it? Your telling me no one from around here could fix a server? Another issue and it's been said before when you combine these departments..... IT, Parking (which have nothing to do with each other...and are only an excuse to give friends higher payrolls) they don't work out.

I just don't get any of it. When Erin Deveney was going to be Chief of Staff and City Solicitor , the Ethics Commission said no. Now, Rodrigues is assistant City Solicitor and Chief of Staff while the wife is on leave and it's okay?? Too many questions are not being asked or answered.

Mr Kelly is 80 years old & certainly deserves to put his feet up & enjoy his retirement. I'm amazed that he did that job for as long as he did. It certainly wasn't easy & he took a lot of crap from all directions without batting an eyelash.

I agree about no questions. I know Carlo has many of the council & alderman in his back pocket, but what's wrong with the rest of them? We keep hearing about people who are thinking about running against him but even they're not standing up to him. When they do question him, they don't go far enough & let him off the hook much too easily. Like Van Campen asking about a City Services Director. Why wasn't the position posted anywhere? Why are none of these positions ever posted? He brings people in from other cities & towns & no one even bothers to ask if there is anyone qualified in the city? I know his appointments aren't required to live here (although the new City Services Director does) but shouldn't they at least ask?
Replied on: 10/25/2012 5:15:30 PM

At the Rules committee meeting, she explained that the people that came in were from the company that made the equipment. I don't think the city paid for their services. She is in IT so much because the other person left when she came on and then we had the system failure. Not all her fault. Thank the adm for their part in all of it.
Replied on: 10/25/2012 6:35:24 PM

quote:

At the Rules committee meeting, she explained that the people that came in were from the company that made the equipment. I don't think the city paid for their services. She is in IT so much because the other person left when she came on and then we had the system failure. Not all her fault. Thank the adm for their part in all of it.

Why wouldn't the city pay for their services? At the very least there's a service contract of some sort but, since it took weeks to get it back online, I seriously doubt the "catastrophic failure" would have been covered. Just my opinion....... It's too bad we don't ever get the full story. Then we wouldn't have to guess!

She's done next to nothing in the Parking Clerks office since she walked through the door and the reality is you CANNOT make two full time jobs into one full time job. Mr Kelly was in his office @ 7:00 am every morning & on many occasions was still there when everyone else was home. The MIS person was always busy keeping things running throughout the city.

It was wishful thinking (maybe hormones?) on his part to think one person could do both jobs & the real sin is that not one of our elected officials had the guts to question the appointment or vote against it!
Replied on: 10/25/2012 9:42:46 PM
Guess I'll play devil's advocate. The mayor put this woman in the Two positions, again not caring that neither dept gets full benefit of her knowledge and experience. She is another victim of this adm.
Replied on: 10/26/2012 06:24:25 AM

Guess I'll play devil's advocate. The mayor put this woman in the Two positions, again not caring that neither dept gets full benefit of her knowledge and experience. She is another victim of this adm.

Not sure I'd call her a victim. Her days were numbered in Winthrop & if she was as smart as our idiot mayor wants us to believe she would have continued job hunting. But, my rant was really aimed at the mayor who keeps putting jobs together & the council who approves the positions without question........ Even after it's been proven that it just doesn't work!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2