Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 State Representative and Senator
 Stat Smith
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

Court4Fred
Advanced Member

1201 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  09:12:34 AM  Show Profile Send Court4Fred a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Housing is a huge issue in this city, and Rep. Smith has a good command of the challenges that we're facing. Let's hope that Hanlon doesn't screw this up.
Go to Top of Page

Lynda
Advanced Member

1282 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  09:23:17 AM  Show Profile Send Lynda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One would think that Hanlon would want to go that way since "most" of the people we are talking about in this senior housing are his high school chums.
Go to Top of Page

louie

188 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  09:54:04 AM  Show Profile Send louie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't agree more
Go to Top of Page

Citizen Kane
Advanced Member

1082 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  12:32:10 PM  Show Profile Send Citizen Kane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is a perfect example of why it was smart for Representative Smith to finish out his term on the Board of Aldermen. He was there at the meeting with information -- no waiting, no special requests for him to appear, no correspondence sent to his office to wait for an answer.

Regardless of what the Independent says about it, Smith's decision to finish out his term was the right one for the city.
Go to Top of Page

justhefacts

51 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  2:50:53 PM  Show Profile Send justhefacts a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not to mention that this kind of thing happens everywhere. There are many sitting state reps that also hold office within their town or city.
Go to Top of Page

Court4Fred
Advanced Member

1201 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  3:24:01 PM  Show Profile Send Court4Fred a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The big push to get Stat to give up his seat on the BOA was only Josh shilling for John Hanlon 'cause he wanted Marchese on the board. And don't forget F3 wanted Smith out of the way, too. He'd rather not have Smith combing over his budget.
Go to Top of Page

POOP N SCOOP

144 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  7:39:44 PM  Show Profile Send POOP N SCOOP a Private Message  Reply with Quote
you guys are kidding me talk about a mouth full of "POOP" hanlon want's marchese ya right no love lost there where have you been??? let's just say john took the family's money for sure and left mike out to dry,,,learned this from rav i guess,, steve smith i;ll leave that one alone .... for now scoop..
Go to Top of Page

Masterful1

421 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  8:46:08 PM  Show Profile Send Masterful1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Court,

Love the F3 inference..lol.
Marchese will want to get back in any way that he can so he can stick it to Eagle with walker.
Go to Top of Page

EverettsPride
Advanced Member

1140 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  10:04:51 PM  Show Profile Send EverettsPride a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I will never understand how a campaign contribution equals jobs for your entire family! Is Gerry Sheehan's ex wife going to be hired next? How about his other son and daughter, why were they left out? What a joke.

Sally
Go to Top of Page

Court4Fred
Advanced Member

1201 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2007 :  11:05:04 PM  Show Profile Send Court4Fred a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Scoopie - there is something called supporting the lesser of two evils. " At the time that Resnek first started his push to get Stat out of the BOA seat, it was well before the election for state rep and there was still "love" between Michael and Eagle with walker. (I love that Masterful!) Perhaps Josh didn't get the memo on Mike? Anyway, it's still Joshie shilling ...because the guy can't call himself a journalist.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  4:46:55 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Court, do you know what happened between MM and EWW? Just curious. I heard it had something to do with EWW reappointing Chief Mazzie?

Edited by - massdee on 01/26/2007 4:48:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2007 :  7:05:41 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know if Stat is just going to let his term as Alderman run out or will he also run again? It doesn't bother me either way, I'm just curious.
Go to Top of Page

Citizen Kane
Advanced Member

1082 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2007 :  9:48:42 PM  Show Profile Send Citizen Kane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My understanding is that he's just going to finish out his term.
Go to Top of Page

Lynda
Advanced Member

1282 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2007 :  12:28:52 PM  Show Profile Send Lynda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I realize that Stat Smith is now a State Rep BUT, I say that we MAKE HIM run for Mayor here. I think he would do a great job to say the least!
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2007 :  2:04:16 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think Stat is now where he wants to be. I can't see him running for Mayor again.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2