Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Sports
 Everett Football
 WHY???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

POOP N SCOOP

144 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2007 :  8:29:48 PM  Show Profile Send POOP N SCOOP a Private Message  Reply with Quote
THE SCHOOL COMMITTEE,, WHAT DO THEY DO? HOW IS IT THEY DON'T ATTEND PARENT TEACHER NIGHT?? NOT ONE EVER BUCKS THE SYSTEM OR EVEN DISAGREES WITH THE MAIN STREAM?? YOU NEVER SEE ANYONE OF THEM AT ANY ONE OF THE SCHOOLS ?? YOU NEED TO VIEW THE OTHER SURROUNDING TOWNS IF POSSIBLE WHEN THEY HAVE A SCHOOL DEPARTMENT MEETING AND WATCH HOW EVERYONE OF THEM GET INVOLVED. NO WONDER THEY GET PAID AND OURS DON'T ....UNREAL

Lynda
Advanced Member

1282 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2007 :  8:45:02 PM  Show Profile Send Lynda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well they can't be at the Parent Teacher Nights because they need to stay home with their kids. I believe that most of their wifes are teachers. I could be wrong though.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2007 :  9:32:49 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know McLaughlin and Baniwietz wifes are teachers for sure, but kids are not a problem for either of them. Lester's are grown and Richie doesn't have any. I think Alconada's wife is a teacher. I know Ela's wife is a nurse. I don't know about any of the others.
Go to Top of Page

Masterful1

421 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2007 :  4:34:34 PM  Show Profile Send Masterful1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nah, they don't show up on that night because then they would have to face the parents and answer questions. Like "How do you get the koolaid stains out of your clothes"?
Go to Top of Page

Court4Fred
Advanced Member

1201 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2007 :  8:07:08 PM  Show Profile Send Court4Fred a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Or how about this: do you use scuba gear when you dive into the Koolaid or just a straw....
Go to Top of Page

Masterful1

421 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2007 :  09:17:34 AM  Show Profile Send Masterful1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good one Court..LOL
Go to Top of Page

Lynda
Advanced Member

1282 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2007 :  2:19:00 PM  Show Profile Send Lynda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am not being wise here just a simply question. How does someone without children get interested in being on the school committee? It isn't a paying job. I would think that one would get involved for the sake of their children and or their grandchildrens future.
Go to Top of Page

Citizen Kane
Advanced Member

1082 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2007 :  2:25:23 PM  Show Profile Send Citizen Kane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well . . . I don't think having children is a prerequisite for being concerned about their education or what happens to them in the world.

From a practical standpoint . . . your tax money goes, in part, to support the public school system, whether you have children or not. So . . . that might be an incentive for someone to run.

I'm not talking about the people who are there now, but if there's someone out there, without children, who might be interested in running for School Committee, should they be precluded simply because they don't have children?
Go to Top of Page

Lynda
Advanced Member

1282 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2007 :  2:34:43 PM  Show Profile Send Lynda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No they should absolutely not be precluded because they don't have children. I do wonder though what would interest someone, without children, in the position when there is no financial gain.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2007 :  2:52:21 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some people truly do care even when there is no financial gain. I don't think our School Committee has had anyone like that in a very long time. Years ago, I can remember Dorothy Martin Long, I always felt she was there for all the right reasons. I don't know if she had children or not but that really doesn't mater.
Go to Top of Page

Masterful1

421 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2007 :  7:48:43 PM  Show Profile Send Masterful1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like Joe G. got beat down in a bad way. Half the time, they do not put him on camera. Try as he may, he is only one against many. It is like watching a Day of the Dead movie, no matter how many zombies you kill, they keep coming at ya.

Personally, I would use the bazooka. LOL
Go to Top of Page

Court4Fred
Advanced Member

1201 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2007 :  08:35:02 AM  Show Profile Send Court4Fred a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Masterful1 - If I were Joe G, I would go in with a garlic necklace and a silver stake. That's the only way to deal with vampires. Problem solved!
Go to Top of Page

SolidSnake

70 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2007 :  6:28:17 PM  Show Profile Send SolidSnake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If the School Committe starts getting paid they will also become eligible for Health Insurance from the City of Everett.
That is the law.

Although I think paying the School Committe would draw a larger field of candidates I don't know if we can afford it.
Go to Top of Page

Masterful1

421 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2007 :  9:58:15 PM  Show Profile Send Masterful1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In the old days, didn't people have to pay tributes to their king? Would it be the same way if the Drool committee got paid? My liege, here is your tariff out of my pay. Thank you my Liege, I take leave of you.
Go to Top of Page

Court4Fred
Advanced Member

1201 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2007 :  08:54:51 AM  Show Profile Send Court4Fred a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Masterful1, the school committee already pays their liege lord, with every vote, and every time they shut their eyes to his gross incompetence.
Go to Top of Page

TwinPeaks

38 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2007 :  10:17:49 AM  Show Profile Send TwinPeaks a Private Message  Reply with Quote
=sigh= This debate has been beaten and beaten again. Michael Moore, the controversial filmmaker, ran for and won a seat on his local school committee while still attending school. We need that here. We, the dissenters, have no credibility since we cannot (will not) affect change. Let's get some kids who have been shortchanged (and God knows, there's the majority of students that fall in that category) to sit n the committee. How can any of the weaklings on the committee argue with anyone who has recently lived the failings of Fred's fraudulent follies? Just a thought.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2