Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Sports
 Everett Football
 EHS FOOTBALL--CHEER--BAND
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

SolidSnake

70 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2007 :  8:24:40 PM  Show Profile Send SolidSnake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
all visited the State House and it has been on Ch 15 this week and is on Sat morning at 11AM.

The Gov. himself showed up.

EverettsPride
Advanced Member

1140 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2007 :  01:00:45 AM  Show Profile Send EverettsPride a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmmm.... Lynda you made me go and look at the paper again. I know Jonathan and Walter, and Joe's mom's and they are not Lynda. Are you Rob Nazzaro's mom? They are the four boys front and center.

Sally
Go to Top of Page

EverettsPride
Advanced Member

1140 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2007 :  4:29:48 PM  Show Profile Send EverettsPride a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Has anyone heard about the police questioning members of the band at the high school?

Sally
Go to Top of Page

Bobby

173 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2007 :  08:47:10 AM  Show Profile Send Bobby a Private Message  Reply with Quote
YES something about one of the band teachers,

*inapprpriate comment removed by moderator*

was allegedly touching a student inappropriately. That is all I know so far.
Go to Top of Page

Lynda
Advanced Member

1282 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2007 :  2:53:41 PM  Show Profile Send Lynda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Today my daughter learned that all the allegations were false and that the instructor that was being investigated will return to them on Wednesday. The thoughts among the kids are that someone was out to get this poor guy.
Go to Top of Page

TwinPeaks

38 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2007 :  3:21:46 PM  Show Profile Send TwinPeaks a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wonder every day when the enlightened will outnumber the ignorant in Everett.
Go to Top of Page

EverettsPride
Advanced Member

1140 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2007 :  4:15:30 PM  Show Profile Send EverettsPride a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Supposedly he was not a teacher in the Everett Schools. He was a color guard instructor. And they found no reason to charge him.

Sally
Go to Top of Page

Fran

250 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2007 :  09:40:11 AM  Show Profile Send Fran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Football

Isaac Johnson didn’t want to go through the dog-and-pony show of college recruiting this spring and summer.

The All-Scholastic running back from Everett gave a verbal commitment to attend Boston College on a football scholarship in the fall of 2008. The 5-foot-11, 180-pound junior rushed for 1,600 yards and 19 touchdowns in leading the Crimson Tide to the Division 1 Super Bowl title.

“I felt comfortable when I went there,” said Johnson, who rushed for 212 yards and three touchdowns in the Super Bowl win over Brockton. “I met coach (Jeff Jagodzinski) and he was very interested in me. I think this is a good fit for me.”

Johnson is the third Div. 1 running back to come out of Everett in the last decade, but the first to opt for Boston College. Omar Easy played at Penn State, while Diamond Ferri attended Syracuse. Everett coach John DiBiaso hopes this is the start of a long relationship between his school and BC.

“It’s fantastic for our program to have a player go to BC,” said DiBiaso. “The new coaches have opened their arms up to our program and I’m thrilled. Hopefully, we’ll have some more players go there.”

Boston Herald
Go to Top of Page

Fran

250 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2007 :  09:29:59 AM  Show Profile Send Fran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I for one wish him the best of luck
Go to Top of Page

LyndaG.H.R.

2 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2007 :  10:10:07 AM  Show Profile Send LyndaG.H.R. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He will do just fine. I wish him well. Make us proud Issac!
Go to Top of Page

Bobby

173 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2007 :  09:57:04 AM  Show Profile Send Bobby a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Saw the boys championship jackets and superbowl rings last night when I bumped into one of the football players. Very nice. Impressive. They deserve it. Good job kids.
Go to Top of Page

EverettsPride
Advanced Member

1140 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2007 :  6:23:31 PM  Show Profile Send EverettsPride a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There are plenty of kids who will do well in college. Some are pushed through Everett High is all I am saying. Wait and see, thats all I have to say.

Sally
Go to Top of Page

SolidSnake

70 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2007 :  09:29:10 AM  Show Profile Send SolidSnake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you don't like people in the school system that is your right,but to take it out on kids is wrong---Thats all I am saying.
Go to Top of Page

bbpolitical
Forum Admin

265 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  12:51:53 AM  Show Profile Send bbpolitical a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SolidSnake

If you don't like people in the school system that is your right,but to take it out on kids is wrong---Thats all I am saying.

Lets take care not to comment on the academic performance of particular students. That information is protected and honestly no one on this board who has access to school records is legally allowed to release it. Suggesting a particular student is inadequate academically is inappropriate in any setting. Please take care not to label students in this way again in the future.

That being said, as a parent in the Everett Public Schools, I am more and more concerned about the favoritism shown to athletes. As a teacher in a public school (in Boston), I am all too aware of how poor academic performance as reflected on players' report cards in October or the previous Spring can decimate a roster. Since we have such an unbelievably great team every year, we do have to be extra vigilant that our student-athletes are students first. We also should never allow the sacrifice of education for any students in exchange for a winning football team.

Considering our MCAS scores, it makes one wonder if certain assets might be disproportinately applied....

Michael

I am an average resident of Everett who would like to see more communication about anything and everything to do with Everett
Go to Top of Page

Lynda
Advanced Member

1282 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2007 :  11:08:07 PM  Show Profile Send Lynda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
An honor roll student, Robert Nazzaro, will join former Everett High football players Adam Arsenault, a captain, Jason Nascimento, and L.J. Schurko, in the Tufts program. Nazzaro will play linebacker for the Jumbos.
Go to Top of Page

SolidSnake

70 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2007 :  4:22:21 PM  Show Profile Send SolidSnake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually the newspaper made a mistake,it is Brian Schurko that plays football for Tufts not his brother LJ.

But I do like your positive post !
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2