Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 Rumors
 Transition Team
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2007 :  8:52:51 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, so who exactly is on the transition team? Are Barrios and the Antonelli brothers really on the team?

H1ghCh4r1ty
Advanced Member

967 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2007 :  09:44:27 AM  Show Profile Send H1ghCh4r1ty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
so it seems.....

The Pup and Emile Schoeffhausen

"Time to make the donuts"
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2007 :  4:46:51 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have heard conflicting stories about the Antonelli brother's. Some say they are part of the team and some say they are not. Everyone is saying Barrios is part of the team.
Go to Top of Page

H1ghCh4r1ty
Advanced Member

967 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2007 :  10:30:46 PM  Show Profile Send H1ghCh4r1ty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I do know that most of the Hanlon administration is working harder than ever to make the transition easy for the new mayor. Hanlon and Matarazzo should be ( and I think they are) on the Carlo transition team.

Go to Top of Page

H1ghCh4r1ty
Advanced Member

967 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2007 :  1:55:22 PM  Show Profile Send H1ghCh4r1ty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hanlon has been demanding resumes from his own department heads. Usually a lame duck Mayor tries to help his staff, yet this guy is throwing them under the bus. Hanlon is definetely working for Carlo. He has suggested downsizing veteran's services staff as well (for political reasons), I guess he doesn't care about the veterans who may need assistance.

Too many McGonagle supporters at Donut Hall, heads will roll, donuts will roll, etc.

Go to Top of Page

wanda bee

54 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2007 :  3:34:54 PM  Show Profile Send wanda bee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
H1ghCh4rlty

I hope that is not true about veterans services.
There are only two people working there and they are both
very dedicated to veterans needs.
I want to give Carlo a chance, but it looks like he is heading
down the wrong path with this one!
Go to Top of Page

Citizen Kane
Advanced Member

1082 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2007 :  4:05:09 PM  Show Profile Send Citizen Kane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The position cannot be cut. It is mandated by state law that the city have a full time Veterans' Services director. This isn't to say Hanlon wouldn't try to cut it . . . because he seems to think he's omnipotent even in defeat . . . but the fact remains that the position itself cannot be cut, and if there is a decision being made to get rid of the current director, that is not a decision Hanlon should be making. And by the way, the current director does an outstanding job, and there would be no reason other than political to get rid of him.
Go to Top of Page

H1ghCh4r1ty
Advanced Member

967 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2007 :  6:59:10 PM  Show Profile Send H1ghCh4r1ty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
CK, I'm not talking about Mr. Rice losing his position (but he probably will eventually because he was a McGonagle supporter), I'm talking about his staff of one being downsized to zero.

Looks like Hanlon is a vindictive old lame duck.

Also, lots of Don Andrew sitings lately at Donut Hall.

Go to Top of Page

vets4ever

35 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2007 :  7:58:09 PM  Show Profile Send vets4ever a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK - I have been reluctant to do this, but since someone feels they can take my professional future in their hands by posting falsehoods, I'm left with no choice. It would be wrong, unprofessional of me, and what's more, it would be irresponsible of me to comment on the Executive Office's plans and policies regarding the course of action any department will or should take. It is neither my place nor this the appropriate forum to opine on such matters, so I shall refrain from doing so.

However, since my personal life has been breached with the allegation being put forth that I was a "McGonagle supporter" and seen at "..several McGonagle times" let me be clear: This was not the case at all. I never put my support behind anyone.

Not that I owe anyone an explanation of whom I do or do not privately support, I do at least have the temerity, pride, and dignity to stand by the things I do & say - and all without hiding behind screen names. I gave one small donation to one candidate and planned on a matching donation to another, however, I never got around to it, but plan on doing so only because I made face to face/man to man promise to that candidate and I at least try to remain a person of my word.

That said, the only "time" I went to was one event with the primary reason being to meet someone who was also attending the event, which was taking place right near where I live (about two streets away). So, yes.. indeed I did make that one appearance and I'm not ashamed to admit it to anyone, but I otherwise remained neutral. I stayed "middle of the road" and I made that clear to both candidates and anyone I spoke with in my non work time - I was adamant about it for fear of this very thing happening. Given all consideration, to do anything else would have been downright dumb of me.

Where it comes to my future, that part is easy. I put the Veterans first in not just my job, but what I do in general. I am grateful to Mayor Hanlon for being given the chance to lead the department.

Any future consideration I apply for are based solely on merit. Anyone who knows me knows that I will put the best interest of the Veteran ahead of my own at all times and that if there is a more qualified or better suited person for the position out there, I wish him/her to have it and I will be the first to advocate for it. And anyone who knows me and knows me WELL knows WHY I will most likely always feel that way.

All that aside, let me get back to the point at hand. I was not at "several McGonagle times" and for anyone to insinuate otherwise, I consider it to be damaging to me professionally and I resent this perception being put forth in its' full false view to the men and women who will decide whether I continue in my job or be replaced. In essence, the irresponsible assumption being made here is tantamount to reaching in my pocket and taking the money right out directly - and that I take quite personally.

In conclusion, the only thing I have asked in regards to being considered for retention is that I be judged on my past performance and qualifications. In the end, if serving the needs of Everett Veterans is better suited by replacing me with someone else that is better qualified to meet those needs - then I have to go along with that as being the correct decision and further, agree that it would be the correct one.

And for the record (which is already a matter of public record) Mayor Hanlon is the one who restored my position to full time as required by law. He has completely supported the efforts to increase the scope and extent of services provided out of Veterans Services. His whole record in regards to Veterans Services speak to expansion - and my personal experience has been that this is 180 degrees in the opposite direction of downsizing or any other curtailment.

Now, knowing that as a public appointee I remain subject to your scrutiny, I'd like to return of what little is left of my personal life. Thank You.

Walter F. Rice

Go to Top of Page

H1ghCh4r1ty
Advanced Member

967 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2007 :  10:59:37 PM  Show Profile Send H1ghCh4r1ty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Walter, I have known you for many years and your support and devotion to the veteran community is without reproach. All of your actions as director of veteran's sevices have been of the highest caliber.

However, your own estimation and the support of the community and of many or most of the blog, may not be enough to surpass the brutality of Everett politics. You may be asked to vacate your position by the incoming mayor. Most employees of the city, who are not in a union, serve at the will of the administration.

Walter, no one here has attacked you personally or professionally. Everyone has the right to support their own candidate, which you have publicly exercised. Politics is a tough business and I sincerely hope you remain as director of veteran services. Anything less would be a disservice to the men and woman who have served honorably in our armed services and depend upon you for their assistance.

What I do find interesting, however, is your comments about actual and planned donations to both sides of the fence. Many people would never admit that. Your honesty is refreshing, but may prove to be a liability for your continued tenure.

However, I definitely see changes in your staffing.

Best wishes and good luck,

Edited by - H1ghCh4r1ty on 11/27/2007 11:11:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

wanda bee

54 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2007 :  10:51:10 AM  Show Profile Send wanda bee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is only one staff member that Walter has and
I beleive she is union protected?
Besides from what I hear she does a great job for Everett Veterans
and it would be a shame to try and remove her for political reasons.

I hope this is not the direction of the new adminstration?
sad sad sad for Everett if it is.
Go to Top of Page

spinncitycinn

22 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2007 :  5:09:53 PM  Show Profile Send spinncitycinn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
anything is possible in the upcoming administration so lets hold our breaths I am sure we will be out here in January
Go to Top of Page

justthfcts

72 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2007 :  12:30:20 AM  Show Profile Send justthfcts a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is all just speculation as to what will happen or what will not happen. There are definitely people that need to be shown the door, chief among those being Janice Vetrano in the budget office, but more importantly the person who absolutely must be shown the door is Padulla in purchasing. Aside from the fact that he isnt qualified to be doing the job he is doing, he is absolute poison and one of the most disliked people at City Hall. GTA was awarded the contract to do the water lines on Hancock from i believe Bradford to Tappan and all the way down to Bucknam. Greg was awarded this contract a year ago but it was tied up in court because of the audit fiasco so the work was stopped by Padulla. So now that Greg won in court the job is commencing now, imagine beginning work on a water line at the end of November and into December. Completely unacceptable. So because of the vendetta against GTA and other contractors the city suffers, im sure there are some other people responsible for this situation and they to must go. Put the most qualified people in key positions and situations like this will not happen. Carlo is putting a top notch team in place and is putting all the pieces in place to hit the ground running in January. A NEW BEGINNING STARTS NOW!!!!!!!

PAUL D. DOBBINS

Edited by - justthfcts on 12/08/2007 12:34:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

H1ghCh4r1ty
Advanced Member

967 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2007 :  5:43:17 PM  Show Profile Send H1ghCh4r1ty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok Paul, calm down a little....

Let's make sure that Hanlon, Ravanesi, Vetrano and Jerry Sheehan (among many others) aren't still hanging around at Donut Hall (and City Services).

Then I'll know that Carlo is doing the right thing.

Otherwise, it's just the same old BS.

Go to Top of Page

Citizen Kane
Advanced Member

1082 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2007 :  6:24:13 PM  Show Profile Send Citizen Kane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would be interested, Paul, in hearing who is going to be a member of this top notch team. I am willing to give Carlo the benefit of the doubt, and I hope you're right about the approach he's taking.
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2007 :  6:03:51 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm very interested as well, Citizen. Our mayor elect is very easily led (or misled) as evidenced by his inability to remember whether he supported the decision to fire Mr Keverian or not as well as his change of heart at the joint convention relative to the TIF for Prolerized. It appears Carlo does not have a mind of his own and if he doesn’t surround himself with the right people he’ll be our next one term mayor.

I think he was a better choice than McGonagle but frankly, I’m worried…………..
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2