Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community
 Community
 school employee arrested on rape charges
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

EverettsPride
Advanced Member

1140 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2008 :  9:39:44 PM  Show Profile Send EverettsPride a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Has anyone heard about this? They put the name on the Mirror, but I am not going to do that. I hope this is a terrible rumor.

Sally

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2008 :  9:54:06 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I didn't hear this but the name in question is not on any of the public school sites under faculty and staff. As much as I hope it's not true (very scary) your right.....that would be a terrible thing to say about anyone. Off topic but isn't Rep. Stat Smith on the School Committee? I didn't see is name or picture on the website. They really need to get up to speed with this stuff.
Go to Top of Page

EverettsPride
Advanced Member

1140 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2008 :  10:09:27 PM  Show Profile Send EverettsPride a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fox 25 news just confirmed the arrest with the Everett Police Department. No names were mentioned, only that it is a janitor in the Everett Public Schools.

Sally
Go to Top of Page

EverettsPride
Advanced Member

1140 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2008 :  10:25:01 PM  Show Profile Send EverettsPride a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There was just another breaking news update on Fox 25 and they confirmed it with the District Attorney. And they mentioned the same name that is on the mirror. He will be in Malden District Court in the morning on two counts of child rape and three counts of indecent assault and battery on a child.

Sally
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2008 :  10:55:05 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There has been suspicions about this person for years. I heard rumors back in the 90's when my kids were in elementary school. At that time he was working at the Parlin.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2008 :  11:00:07 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just heard on channel 4, the child in question is only twelve years old. Three counts of indecent exposure and two counts of child rape.
Go to Top of Page

EHS88

15 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2008 :  11:03:56 PM  Show Profile Send EHS88 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fox 25 news just released this

BOSTON (FOX25, myfoxboston.com) -- An Everett school custodian has been charged with raping a 12-year-old boy.

Authorities arrested Robert Shea, of Everett, on Sunday night on two counts of child rape and three counts of indecent assault and battery.

Corey Welford, a spokesman for Middlesex District Attorney Gerald Leone, said the boy knew the custodian and was assaulted multiple times in 2007.

The arrest came after a joint investigation by Everett police and the Middlesex DA's child abuse unit.

Shea is scheduled to be arraigned Monday morning. There was no telephone listing for a Robert Shea in Everett, and it wasn't immediately known if he had a lawyer.

Life is a long lesson in humility
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2008 :  11:51:09 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Boston Home > News
54 mins ago
Authorities charge Everett school custodian with child rape

Apr 6, 2008 10:58 PM (54 mins ago) AP

EVERETT, Mass. (Map, News) - An Everett school custodian has been charged with raping a 12-year-old boy.

Authorities arrested Robert Shea, of Everett, on Sunday night on two counts of child rape and three counts of indecent assault and battery.

Corey Welford, a spokesman for Middlesex District Attorney Gerald Leone, said the boy knew the custodian and was assaulted multiple times in 2007. The arrest came after a joint investigation by Everett police and the Middlesex DA's child abuse unit.

Shea is scheduled to be arraigned Monday morning in Malden District Court. There was no telephone listing for a Robert Shea in Everett, and it wasn't immediately known if he had a lawyer.

A call to Everett school administration after hours went unanswered. A message left at the home of the superintendent was not immediately returned.
Go to Top of Page

EHS88

15 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2008 :  06:38:16 AM  Show Profile Send EHS88 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A custodian and coach from Everett is expected to be arraigned today on charges related to the rape of a 12-year-old boy, a spokesman for the Middlesex district attorney's office said last night.

Robert Shea is scheduled to appear in Malden District Court on two counts of child rape and three counts of indecent assault and battery, charges that stem from a "series of sexual assaults on a 12-year-old boy" last year, spokesman Corey Welford said.

He was arrested after investigations by the Everett Police Department and the Middlesex district attorney's Office of Child Abuse, Welford said.

More information will be made available at the arraignment, Welford said.

Shea works as a custodian, but Welford would not say where. The Associated Press identified him as an Everett school custodian.

John DiBiaso, athletic director and varsity boys' basketball coach at Everett High School, said Shea has been the junior varsity boys' basketball coach at Everett High for several years.

Shea missed much of the last season with a heart problem, DiBiaso said. A call to Everett school administration after hours went unanswered. The superintendent did not immediately a call seeking comment.

Life is a long lesson in humility

Edited by - EHS88 on 04/07/2008 06:39:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

michael

195 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2008 :  08:33:52 AM  Show Profile Send michael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
this is a disgrace, but we can't judge innocent until proven guilty..It is very upsetting to the community.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2008 :  10:55:16 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is very upsetting and I understand you are innocent until proven guilty, however, we as parents have a right to know what school for our children's sake. It's public knowledge he has been arrested so there must be evidence to this. We have the right to know if our children could have been in danger. I don't like the way these things get handled.
Go to Top of Page

EverettsPride
Advanced Member

1140 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2008 :  11:24:24 AM  Show Profile Send EverettsPride a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have seen him at the old High School lately. I believe he is at the new High School. At least he was last year and the year before. I will have to ask my kids when they come home.

Sally
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2008 :  11:39:08 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe the School Administration will send something home today with the students. I know they do that in other communities.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2008 :  12:11:57 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Channel 4, they are looking into more allegations. Bail was set at $15,000.00. Alleged attacks took place at old high school and in the custodian's home.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2008 :  12:35:02 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is really troubling and "if" these allegations are true and "if" the EPD has been watching him for some time........why would he be allowed to continue to work with children and to boot......coach. So the big questions will be.....did he have a prior record......why was he under suspicion.....and if there were any previous allegations......it all comes back to the first question. Why be allowed to continue to work with children and especially coach?
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2008 :  1:16:24 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Everett coach pleads not guilty to abusing boy, 12
April 7, 2008 01:15 PM

By Brian R. Ballou, Globe Staff

MALDEN -- A long-time custodian and basketball coach from Everett pleaded not guilty today to child rape after he was accused of a repeatedly abusing a 12-year-old boy.

Robert Shea, a 57-year-old with graying hair, stood stoically in Malden District Court, where he was ordered held on $15,000 cash bail.

Defense attorney Mark Griffith said that his client was shocked by the allegations and denied all the charges. He said Shea has worked for Everett schools for 25 years, which included 14 years as the head junior varsity basketball coach at Everett High School. Shea went beyond the requirements of his job, Griffith said, and won a Golden Apple award for his extra effort.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2