Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 State Representative and Senator
 Court
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2008 :  12:57:43 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyone have any information on how Stat and Wayne's court appearance went?

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2008 :  1:13:03 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hopefully this nonsense got thrown out.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2008 :  4:12:51 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry but I have to comment on the advocates write up this week about Wayne's farce of a court case. First off, the comment that was made, I used to say all the time while I was on a dart team. It is no big deal. Turning a comment into a serious threat is truly an act of desperation and is pathetic.

These actions fall into play with what's going on in society today. You cant say anything, parents are known to say "not my kid" and everything and anything you can think of is a lawsuit.

In the advocate, I see Wayne's entire name and title is spelled out.

"Alderman-at-Large Wayne A. Matewsky"... and then it’s just….."Rep. Stat Smith". Also, I am not familiar with Wayne’s attorney at all but calling one lawyer “prominent” ....come on.

For what ever the reason it seems the advocate is Pro-Wayne, Pro-City Government and Pro Wood Waste.

Think about it............Wayne has not proven to be a good alderman at large. He could not be bothered to even stay for the budget hearings (but was holding signs instead) and he has done nothing to improve the city and the BOA.

I think Stat Smith has done a fine job as State Representative and has a good relationship with State Senator Gallucio. Let progress continue and the media in this city has been truly a circus.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2008 :  12:51:17 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What's up with the Independent not knowing that this went to court last week? Strange!

Just a reminder. Campaign videos for the State Representative's race start airing tonight on ECTv 16 at 10 PM.

Edited by - tetris on 08/20/2008 12:52:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2008 :  10:18:14 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The videos probably would have been better if they played the audio too; maybe next time. Still good for some laughs anyways.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2