Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community
 Wood Waste
 Must read article
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2009 :  8:51:31 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It makes sense and saves money. All public buildings are required to be handicapped accessible................The elderly will manage.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2009 :  8:58:17 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well.....I think between this, and Charter Review, we should have a very good turnout at the polls this November.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2009 :  9:17:52 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe the library has an elevator in it from the ground level. I think it is a smart move to consolidate the precincts. I think Mike did a good job on this one.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2009 :  9:36:30 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Haven't been in the library lately but I think that the spot that makes the most sense to set up is on the ground floor at the end near the fire station. There is a door right there that they are using as a temporary entrance during the construction.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2009 :  9:47:37 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was wondering, does the amount of councilmen per ward have anything to do with the amount of precincts per ward?
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2009 :  9:56:50 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't believe that two are tied together in the charter. It sounds more like the three precincts were designed to distribute the voters evenly over a number of polling places and to have voting places be local to the precinct. The reduction of municipal buildings over the years made the second part impossible.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2009 :  10:05:09 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's too bad, it would have been a great way to reduce the amount of councilmen in the city.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2009 :  10:11:11 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm certain that's coming. I understand that the Charter Review will need to work on it and hold public hearings, but it's inevitable. The unprofessionalism on that common council the past few years has been a joke and meetings are going on forever. ECTV cant even handle it, they cut out to blue screen after an hour and a half. Meetings should not be going on that long and no way do we need THREE councilors from each ward. This will be a good way to finally cut out the dead weight.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2