Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Sports
 Rec Center Discussion
 Is it true?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2009 :  08:15:21 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is it true the rec has been closed to high school age kids?

"Deb"

Lynda
Advanced Member

1282 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2009 :  5:50:50 PM  Show Profile Send Lynda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Geez I hope not. More kids on the streets rather than having a place to go and play some ball. That would just be sad.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2009 :  5:55:48 PM  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its under investigation kids under 18 wont get in without ID lanyard unless they go with an adult.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2009 :  08:39:20 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyone know what happened down there? It seems a shame to punish all the kids if it was only a few involved in an incident.

"Deb"
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2009 :  09:58:49 AM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The only source of information that we seem to be getting on this is over on Topix. And that seems to be divided into two opposing camps. As usually happens, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle; but who really knows?

One thing seems clear though. Once again, it seems that we have an issue that few would be aware of if it wasn't for the city's message boards.
Go to Top of Page

Ellen

173 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2009 :  7:52:59 PM  Show Profile Send Ellen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From Topix:

Just to let you all know, O'Donnell wasn't the only officer involved in the unprovoked that night. There were several. But two facts that make O'Donnell stand out: He was involved in the beating of at least 3 with other cops. I guess he felt he had to get of piece of all these innocent boys. Secondly, most angry citizens are going after him because they feel with his type of uncontrolable anger he doesn't belong at the HS dealing with the youth of this city. Don't for one minute be mistaken into thinking that these other cops that were involved that night are getting off the hook because they will definately get whats comming to them! All will be held accountable for their part in this horrific incident! From every last cops that took a swing to the every last politician who ignored numerous plea's and phone call, to the Mayor sitting on his fat ass passing the buck and not returning phone calls, the Sup. Int. of schools FFF for throwing these kids out of school on monday due to this, right down to personel in the rec center for barring these boys from the rec(when it didn't even happen in the rec building)Peter Pet. for instagating the barring from the rec for now legal reason! all these people and more will find themselves in court to explain what the hell they were thinking...EXCUSE ME...WHAT THE HELL THEY WERE NOT THINKING. It's all a matter of timing. And then the **** is gonna hit the fan big time! List have been made, names hae been written, photos have been kept, witnesses have come forward!
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2009 :  9:13:10 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any updates on what happened down the rec?

"Deb"
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2009 :  9:17:01 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't heard any updates, but it's 20 pages long on Topix.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2009 :  9:22:38 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Too much garbage to weed through over there.

"Deb"
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2009 :  9:23:32 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Correction..........actually, it's 21 pages long........It's all name calling and very nasty. I don't even understand what happened and why it's dragging on the way it is.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2009 :  9:25:21 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I lost track with all the garbage over there but I doubt we will read about it in the papers. From what I heard, it was quite a scene. Who was at fault, I have no idea.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2009 :  10:40:30 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From what I am gathering the kids mouthed off and some of the police might have over reacted. Anyway, that was the gist I got scanning through over on Topix.

"Deb"
Go to Top of Page

Lynda
Advanced Member

1282 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2009 :  3:12:12 PM  Show Profile Send Lynda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What is topix and how could I get to the site?
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2009 :  3:43:21 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's a message board Lynda that has pages for many cities and towns across the country. The link to the Everett page is below. As a word of warning though, it tends to get very rough over there.

You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2009 :  3:45:09 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Lynda,

Topix is another message board. Here's the address. It gets very nasty over there at times.

You must be logged in to see this link.

"Deb"
Go to Top of Page

Lynda
Advanced Member

1282 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  4:41:03 PM  Show Profile Send Lynda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks tetri and massdee I will wait till the kids arn't around you two kinda scared me.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.37 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2