Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 General Discussion
 Vote
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2009 :  08:47:50 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Would you consider doing a write in for the mayor's office?

Choices:

Yes
No

(Anonymous Vote - Viewing results before voting will spoil your vote)

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2009 :  8:36:09 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A write in will never win and I think we can send a stronger message by not voting for anyone in a particular race.

I'm assuming you're referring to the mayor's race? If someone receives a significant number of write in votes, you're effectively giving Carlo two years to discredit him. Why give him that kind of opportunity?

Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2009 :  10:25:07 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A write-in is hard enough to orchestrate if there is a candidate involved with it. Trying to "draft" someone for an office via a write-in I believe would be almost impossible.

I also believe that it sends a stronger message by choosing to submit a blank choice for any office where there is only one choice and you don't believe in that candidate. It's a vote of no confidence. To make it really effective though, you must convince people to exercise their vote in this fashion rather than choosing not to vote due to the lack of choices.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2