Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community
 News Articles
 TODAY'S ADVOCATE
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kittycat

66 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2012 :  2:07:26 PM  Show Profile Send kittycat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
IN TODAY'S PAPER I WAS JUST READING ABOUT REPORTS OF SUBPOENAS CAUSING A LOT OF SPECULATION REGARDING THE ABSENTEE BALLOTS. IT'S ON PAGE FIVE IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO COMMENT ON IT.

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2012 :  5:00:55 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I never get The Advocate. What did the article have to say?
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2012 :  7:09:36 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It was an item in the paper's weekly "Sounds of Everett" column. And since you asked Massdee, it is reproduced below:

Report of subpoenas causing a lot of speculation

The rumor is loud that there might be some legal trouble brewing for a local person or two - possibly an Everett official. It's being alleged that some subpoenas have been delivered to certain people in town, and word has it that the investigation has something to do with the possible "misuse" of absentee ballots in a past election (not last fall's municipal election). Is it a grand jury probe? Are indictments on the horizon? Time will only tell - stay tuned.

If anybody is not aware, most of the articles from the Advocate are usually posted on their website, but not usually until Friday afternoon though. Occasionally, their website will have some additional content that doesn't appear in that week's paper. They have recently switched their website to the same format as the Independent has used for a while; but they don't have a full PDF copy of that's weeks paper posted to the site like the Independent does.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2012 :  7:29:25 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh...I forgot, my opinion. I think that it is clear, if you read the actual law, that the way that some individuals that run for offices that are voted on in this city are probably abusing the letter of the absentee ballot law. And if you have broken the law, you have to be ready to pay the price

So this doesn't surprise me at all, especially since we know who was calling for this investigation and who the likely subject of the investgation is.

But that said, it really doesn't bother me all that much personally. I think that the Commonwealth is behind other states that have opened up the voting process to be more accessible and allow for other ways to vote. Perhaps someone could make it his mission to do something about that?
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2012 :  5:25:53 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
FYI.

Usually, the "Sounds of Everett" column is among the articles that get posted to the paper's website every week. It wasn't this week. Make of that what you will.
Go to Top of Page

waterboy

101 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2012 :  3:41:18 PM  Show Profile Send waterboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
today's paper listed all the people who owe taxes to the city of everett the bad boys Antonelli owe to the city along with other everett residents
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2