Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 General Discussion
 Old Devens School
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2012 :  6:51:46 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know if there are any plans for the old Devens School building? It has become an eyesore. The neighbors, Eagle Bank and even City Hall can't be too happy with the conditions there. It's a shame, when it was a school Mr Forestiere always kept the building well maintained.

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2012 :  8:37:01 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was parked on Church St 3 or 4 weeks ago & saw 3 men looking it over. Someone eventually let them in & then left. They appeared to be measuring things & I'm pretty sure one of them was taking some pictures.

No idea who, what, or why but it may mean something is going to happen there.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2012 :  9:27:19 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Were you psychic or something Massdee?

It was disclosed tonight (or maybe even at last school committee meeting; haven't seen it yet) that FFF wants to rent the Devens School back and use it as alternative to sending so many special ed students out of district. Maybe that makes some sense. And he also wants the city to buy or build the school department a garage for school department vehicles. They're renting one now and that building is up for sale. FFF stated that when the city took over the old high school, the mayor wouldn't let him park at the old high school anymore because the city need the garage. What's the city got stashed there?
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2012 :  10:33:38 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We should buy the building back then. The owner (another friend of the mayor) bought the Devens School for 900K and has done jack **** with it. He let it sit there and rot.

Now, the schools want to lease it for 350K per year? Who's profiting from that? The same owner that let the property fall apart?

I'm having Deja vu from the sale of the old city yards. Lets not forget another buddy of the mayor buys land cheap, then sells it within 6 months and makes a hefty profit. People better open their eyes. I'm not saying the schools do not need the building, but want to know who would be pocketing 350K per year on the lease. Because if it's the owner, he makes all his money back (plus some) in just 3 years, and would still own the property. All courtesy of the taxpayers. Something does not sit well with me on it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2