Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Administration
 Forum Announcements
 Privacy Policy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bbpolitical
Forum Admin

265 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2005 :  11:29:58 PM  Show Profile Send bbpolitical a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The following is the privacy policy:

On the Everett Average Citizen Forum, no personally identifiable information including IP addresses are tracked by or made visible to any member of this forum, including myself. No personal information, including email addresses, likenesses, or actual names will be stored here or anywhere and will not be shared with anyone without their permission. This excludes information made public by posting it or making it visible in your profile. For example, if you choose to use your actual name in your profile or as your user name, other users will be able to see it and they would then know who you were. For that reason, if you do not wish someone to know who you are simply list your name as a pseudonym or anonymous, etc...

At any time if you choose to opt out of receiving email messages, you may do so by selecting "No" in the drop down menu on you profile page. Opting in, however, will not make your email visible, so your email is protected at all times.

It is not required to use an actual email address when registering for this forum. Actual email addresses are requested when you register to discourage spam posting but if you use an invalid email, I will manually activate your profile from the forum. (There is a simple checkbox to activate all pending members and I activate without having to send an email. Just keep in mind that registering this way may result in up to a 12 hour delay before you can post because I have to log in to see who needs to be activated)
If you choose not to register with your email address, you will not be able to receive email from the forum at all.
You can change your email at any time and there is no limit on registering for a new profile if you choose to do so.

Please post, private message me from the forum or email me at mikebilica@gmail.com if you have any questions. Thank you for being members of the Everett Average Citizen Forum!

bbpolitical
Forum Admin

265 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2005 :  11:39:37 PM  Show Profile Send bbpolitical a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I turned off the Email validation option, so now you do not need to enter in a valid email address as you do not need to validate your user name. I have done this to preserve the confidence of every member that their personal information is protected. I assure you that your email address is not visible to anyone in any circumstance, however, if you still feel you would like to change it or re-register with a new profile you may do so and you will not need a valid email address to be activated for posting.

Just remember that you will not be able to receive emails from myself or other users on this forum without a valid email address.

Thanks again for using this forum.

I am an average resident of Everett who would like to see more communication about anything and everything to do with Everett
Go to Top of Page

bbpolitical
Forum Admin

265 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2005 :  02:46:12 AM  Show Profile Send bbpolitical a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have received a query on my blog about the IP logging setting on this forum (allowing the adminstrator (me)) to view the last IP address of users who post). There is an on/off switch for logging that I set to off when I set up the site. My privacy policy above still stands and is binding against me.

I don't have anyone's IP address and don't store personal information.

Thanks for your attention.

Michael Bilica
(in the white pages)
and at mikebilica@gmail.com

I am an average resident of Everett who would like to see more communication about anything and everything to do with Everett
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2