Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community
 News Articles
 Bevies and Butt head
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lynda
Advanced Member

1282 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2007 :  08:52:41 AM  Show Profile Send Lynda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What the heck is going on here in Boston? We have these stupid devises all over the city, police, fire, bomb squads, home land security, national guards, etc... here trying there best to protect us and our own people are bashing them? What is wrong with this picture? Does everyone realize that 9/11 originated here in Boston at Logan? I know that even when I found this out to be a hoax that I was expecting one of these stupid things to blow up as soon as our guard went down. Does the people of Boston know that there were two pipe bombs discovered in Boston during the course of this investigation? This is nuts. Instead of praising these people for a job well done they are being ridiculed?
I actually at the beginning felt bad for these two adult men thinking they had no idea what they had done. Then I saw them on the news last night and this morning and they think this is a joke? What losers! Now the one with the hair we find out isn't even a citizen of the US and is here on a Green Card! Get the hell out! You don't respect our country get out!

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2007 :  09:18:35 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lynda, you are exactly right. What if one of our first responders was hurt racing to these scenes? I realize it was only an advertising scheme but it wasn't thought through. I hope the investigation doesn't stop with the two they arrested, they need to go after the Ad company and Turner. After all these two were hired help. They were told what to do. The people protecting us acted admirably.
Go to Top of Page

Lynda
Advanced Member

1282 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2007 :  09:28:02 AM  Show Profile Send Lynda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Turner Broadcasting System yesterday accepted full responsibility for the guerrilla marketing campaign that caused a scare in Boston.
Mayor Thomas M. Menino said that the company had agreed to pay the cost of the massive effort to defuse what authorities had believed was a potential bomb plot. Those costs are expected to top $500,000 in Boston and approach another $500,000 for the MBTA, Cambridge, and Somerville.

That is all well and fine, BUT, what about the people who were in and around Boston who were genuinely scared for their lives. 9/11 is still too fresh in most minds. Many people were reliving that devastating day. And now you have people trying to make a buck off of this hoax with T-shirts and stuff. I am sure it is only a matter of time before it is a made for TV movie of the week. This is all just too sad for me. I did lose someone in 9/11 and this whole thing just makes me SICK!
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2007 :  09:30:18 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Today's Globe

By Michael Levenson and Raja Mishra, Globe Staff | February 2, 2007

Turner Broadcasting System yesterday accepted full responsibility for the guerrilla marketing campaign that caused a scare in Boston.
Mayor Thomas M. Menino said that the company had agreed to pay the cost of the massive effort to defuse what authorities had believed was a potential bomb plot. Those costs are expected to top $500,000 in Boston and approach another $500,000 for the MBTA, Cambridge, and Somerville.

"We have no intention of shirking the responsibility onto any other company," said Shirley Powell, a spokeswoman for Turner Broadcasting. "We are taking full responsibility for this."

The statement was issued as friends of a local artist involved in the guerrilla advertising campaign said he was told by a New York marketing executive five hours into the scare not to tell anyone.

According to an e-mail one friend provided to the Globe, the executive at Interference Inc. told the artist, whom the agency had hired to install the small, battery-powered light screens in Boston, to remain silent, even as dozens of police officers collected the devices and shut down highways, subway lines, and part of the Charles River.
From today's Globe:
Go to Top of Page

Lynda
Advanced Member

1282 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2007 :  09:34:08 AM  Show Profile Send Lynda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The last paragraph in your post is what really blows my mind! How dare they do this? They knew that we were all scared and up in arms and they simply DIDN'T CARE. They need to be brought down!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2007 :  10:30:48 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The part of this whole scheme that scares me the most, these devices have been up for about 10 days before they were noticed. What if they had been a real device. We would have been screwed. It just goes to show you, when the terrorist decide on another attack it is impossible to figure out every plan they can come up with. These are dangerous times we live in. That is why it is so important that we win in the Middle East.
Go to Top of Page

donice

54 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2007 :  09:46:56 AM  Show Profile Send donice a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The fact that those devices were able to be placed and stay in all those locations for so long is the big issue. A lot bigger than the dopes that thought up the idea and those who implemented it.
Go to Top of Page

Lynda
Advanced Member

1282 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2007 :  10:34:30 AM  Show Profile Send Lynda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do you believe that they have now discovered that these two morons were taping the bomb squad and police detonating and removing these things!!! These guys have to have some sort of punishment they are just IDIOTS! How dare they!
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2007 :  11:09:09 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lynda, you've got that right.
Go to Top of Page

Citizen Kane
Advanced Member

1082 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2007 :  12:59:37 PM  Show Profile Send Citizen Kane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You're right about that, Lynda, but unfortunately, being an idiot isn't against the law.
Go to Top of Page

Lynda
Advanced Member

1282 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2007 :  3:01:08 PM  Show Profile Send Lynda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe not just being a idiot BUT can't they do something about the fact that they knew what was happening because of THEM and continued to just tape it????? I honestly don't know if there is something that can be done but they at least have to try. I know it has to be some sort of obstruction of justice or with holding information or something, right?
Go to Top of Page

Lynda
Advanced Member

1282 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2007 :  12:06:07 PM  Show Profile Send Lynda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One of them is here on a Green Card. Can we do something about that? Something has to be done. This is such a injustice.
Go to Top of Page

Citizen Kane
Advanced Member

1082 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2007 :  1:01:33 PM  Show Profile Send Citizen Kane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There had been some talk about deporting him, but . . . I'm guessing that now that Menino is getting $2 million from Turner Broadcasting, that'll be the end of it.
Go to Top of Page

Lynda
Advanced Member

1282 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2007 :  3:15:12 PM  Show Profile Send Lynda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope not. Did you see the T-shirts some of the kids and so called adults are wearing around? They have a picture of this cartoon characters on them with the words "Boston Sucks" under it than another that says the date of this mess with the quote "Never Forget" are you kidding me with this! How dare they? Than for others to try and make a buck off of it! It just makes me sick. And they are gonna let these two LOSERS off Scott Free? God I hope NOT! If they were just doing a job that is one thing but after they realized what they had done they should have put a stop to all of it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2