Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 General Discussion
 Crosswalks and other painting on streets by sprayc
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

THE-DJ

16 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2008 :  09:03:53 AM  Show Profile Send THE-DJ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Who was the one who painted the spray can lines all over Everett to outline where the crosswalks were to be painted and non parking areas? Bucknam St. and in Everett Square and Summer and High St. all sprayed white and orange lines. Looks like ****. The person who did this should be fired fast or send him to spray painting school what a dumb ass. Another great hire for the city of Everett or whom ever contracted this person to do this should be fired. Anyone know whom might of done this?

Edited by - THE-DJ on 09/24/2008 09:04:47 AM

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2008 :  09:37:05 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It certainly is colorful and the lines are straight. LOL
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2008 :  10:38:39 AM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I guess that a lot of these really needed to be painted but it just seems like the wrong time of the year to be doing it. Oh well, let's see how well they hold up this winter.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2008 :  09:34:19 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
With the winter coming up....exactly.
Go to Top of Page

THE-DJ

16 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2008 :  1:33:03 PM  Show Profile Send THE-DJ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My point is who went around with the can of spray paint and painted the crooked lines white and orange? Also some have painted in letters (stop line here) and the actual stop line was painted in another place. I don't care when the cross walks and stop line gets painted. Someone a week previous went with a spray can and painted the lines and looks like a young kid did it. And when the real painters came along they painted along side the spray can lines.
Go to Top of Page

mainemo

25 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2008 :  6:12:19 PM  Show Profile Send mainemo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mr DJ are you saying the lines werent painted straight as well as in the wrong places because a professional line painter would string his own perameter lines to follow . If this was contracted out i hope the city of Everett isnt paying the bill until it is fixed . As for the painting this time of year it is the best time to paint for proper adhesion so you can rest easy Tetris provided the street was cleaned first LOL
Go to Top of Page

THE-DJ

16 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2008 :  11:29:35 AM  Show Profile Send THE-DJ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Next time you are all in Everett Square or along Bucknam going towards Malden or High and Summer st. where Bucchi's market was just look at the line painting for the cross walks and stop lines and parking spaces. You will see the contractor painted wide lines but you will also see the spray painted lines someone did before the contractor did his thing. The lines are white and orange spray painted lines. Looks like graffiti was painted first. I just think it looks cheap and never saw that before. Like a little kid with crayons. In front of Bucchi's where you could park the spray can person outlined 3 parking spaces in orange paint on Summer St. and it was never painted by the contractor.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2008 :  12:05:26 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know exactly what you are talking about. After your other posts, I made a point to look. I think the orange paint will wash away, eventually.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2