Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 General Discussion
 Rumors
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2009 :  10:37:14 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am already hearing rumors of who will replace Erin. Has anyone else heard anything?

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2009 :  10:46:03 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All I'm saying is for Erin to leave like that, and I heard go back to the registry, she saw the writing on the wall alright. I don't blame her one bit. With the travesty's that have been going on legally, why would she risk her license?
Go to Top of Page

michael

195 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  1:35:19 PM  Show Profile Send michael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Van Campen has been putting pressure on her and the mayor regarding her salary Erin should get paid for knowledge and she was no part of the politics in Everett she is highly intelligent and should of been paid more she was respected, and handle herself in a professional manner, she was prepared and if she didn't know answers she would get back to you. I am glad she left for a higher position with the State and is now making the money due her, its a lost to the city of everett and I have a feeling the next person will be Attorney Murphy she showed herself at last nites meeting
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  2:08:58 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't totally disagree with you but I feel since she was not working in the solicitor's office, and was only working as the mayor's Chief of Staff, she was being grossly overpaid, and deffinatly under utilized. I wish her all the best with her new endeavor.

Edited by - massdee on 02/04/2009 08:08:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  4:02:22 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I disagree, and it was not just Van Campen. Her position was supposed to be consolidated and the IG said no. Her salary never got adjusted as it should have. I’m sure she is a great lawyer, but she had NO municipal experience. Also, she was not from Everett, so she was not qualified for that type of city government. When was the last time we had a Mayor’s Chief of Staff at 92K? I’m sure she will be much better utilized where she is going.

It was Carlo’s promise to lower the budget.
It was Carlo’s promise to hire experienced qualified people.
It was Carlos’ promise that we didn’t even need a Budget Director.
It was Carlo’s promise that “Gone are the Days”

What does he do? He gives his friends jobs and raises. He hires a PR Person Matt Laidlaw at 78K just to make him look good and to buy Jason Marcus on the Board of Alderman. He hires a friend of the family at 52K that’s never worked before as a Budget Assistant. He tried handing out raises to his friends and companions in the Solicitors Office that obviously do not have that much to do.

He does not give the people that do the real work, the Department Heads, their steps though. They are the ones that go above and beyond, not his friends.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  4:07:10 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Has anyone heard any names for Ms Deveney's replacement?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2