Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community
 News Articles
 This Week's News
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  08:33:24 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tetris

That doesn’t mean that The Advocate let up on “Stat” Smith; they are already predicting that he will lose his State Representative’s seat next year. And just to prove that politics make strange bedfellows, one of the people that they are pushing to take on Smith is Robert Van Campen. In the recent past at least, Van Campen has not been an Advocate favorite. But in this week’s Sounds of Everett piece about Smith, they had nothing but nice things to say about Van Campen. It’s kind of funny too since, in an earlier piece in the same column, they gave Van Campen a “shot”. That piece gave The Advocate’s interpretation of the Mayor’s “vote of confidence” and they used Van Campen’s vote total last Tuesday as a basis of comparison even though he wasn’t the unopposed Alderman with the highest vote total. Is there more of a motive behind pushing Van Campen as a Smith opponent other than their hatred for Stat?

I noticed that both of these press releases contained grammar and/or spelling errors. For example, there’s no need to use both “$” and “dollars” to describe a dollar amount. And when the same errors appear in every paper, you just can’t blame the papers either. But let’s not let the papers off the hook. How can any of them get the names of political candidates wrong after the election is over? To make it worse, they were incumbents too. Factual errors get me too; weren’t Stat and Stephanie Smith both on the Common Council at the same time during her first term? I know we all make these kinds of mistakes but shouldn’t the papers be held to a higher standard?

I think the Advocate using Van Campen as an example (in comparison with the mayor’s votes) and now (all of a sudden) a viable candidate for State Representative, is coming from “somewhere else” to print.

Shame on Chief Mazzie publically calling someone guilty without a trial! How is this person going to have a fair trial when Mazzie’s comments were blasted all over the papers and other cities and towns too? BTW – That picture did not look like a mug shot, so where did the picture come from? It all stinks to me.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2