Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 State Representative and Senator
 Senator Flaherty?????
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Heisenberg

64 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2010 :  12:13:36 AM  Show Profile Send Heisenberg a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I really do not think Sal has a chance in this upcoming election between him and Tim. He better hope another radical left winger jumps in to split the vote up. I don't think its going to be a landslide victory but I think Sal is out come this Sept. Any thoughts????

Heisenberg

64 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2010 :  8:12:52 PM  Show Profile Send Heisenberg a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok I have gotten about 8 messages on about what I wrote for this particular topic. I don’t know why people are messaging me rather than responding to me on the blog (that’s what I thought a blog was for) but anyways let me break it down and tell you why I think Flaherty is going to win.

In this past race, everyone else except DiDomenico was a left wing Democrat and DiDomenico was the only centrist/moderate Democrat, as compared to the other candidates (both those statements are my opinion). However, even with DiDomenico being the only centrist, and the left wing vote being split up between, I believe 5 other candidates, Flaherty won Cambridge, AB, Charlestown, Revere, and Chelsea. Sal on the other hand, just won Everett, Somerville and Saugus.

Two points here. 1) How the hell does DiDomenico lose Revere to Flaherty? And this isn’t a racial thing (because he’s Irish and that part of Revere is mostly Italian) it’s a political thing. Do you think those people in Revere have more in common with Sal or Tim? I'm going with Sal and he still managed to lose it. 2) As I said before, there were more liberal candidates in the race; therefore the liberal vote got split between the 5 liberal candidates. Now imagine it was just Tim and Sal. Who do you think would have won? Who do you think the other liberal candidates’ voters have more in common with: Flaherty or DiDomenico? Who do you think the other liberal candidates’ voters are going to vote for in this upcoming primary: Flaherty or DiDomenico? My money's on Timmy this time around.

I mean DiDomenico only won by 100-150 votes district wide and his campaign was jumping up and down for joy like they crushed Flaherty. I know if I was on the campaign I wouldn’t be celebrating anything. I’d be scratching my head saying, “What the hell did we do wrong?”

So, given all that, that's why I think Flaherty is going to be the next State Senator, unless someone enters the race to split up the vote.

Edited by - Heisenberg on 06/13/2010 8:15:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2010 :  8:20:56 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Was the voter turnout high last time around? That could play a factor in which candidate will win.
Go to Top of Page

Heisenberg

64 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2010 :  9:18:08 PM  Show Profile Send Heisenberg a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The voter turnout was low all over the district. However, even though the voting turnout in Everett will be a little higher, it will also be higher across the district as well. But the voter turnout may be a factor this time around so it is a valid point.
Go to Top of Page

Heisenberg

64 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2010 :  9:57:36 PM  Show Profile Send Heisenberg a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another thing that I wanted to mention was the difference in Flaherty and DiDomenico's campaign literature. I don't know who was running DiDomenico's campaign, but the things I got in the mail from him I can sum up in 3 statements:
1) I'm Sal DiDomenico
2) I'm from Everett
3) All these elected officials endorse me

That was it. The only thing that changed when he mailed a new brochure was the colors. Flaherty had a lot more substance in his. The funny thing is I voted for DiDomenico, but the more I think about it I didn't vote for DiDomenico I voted against Flaherty.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2010 :  10:02:58 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I voted for Sal, too. In my mind it is a win, win situation for Everett. It certainly can't hurt to have both our State Senator and State Rep coming from Everett. I also think he knows the ins and outs of the State House.

Go to Top of Page

Heisenberg

64 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2010 :  11:27:49 PM  Show Profile Send Heisenberg a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another thing I forgot was that DiDomenico VOTED AGAINST the illegal immigration bill in the state senate??????? Why they hell would he do that? What's he think: he's going to get the liberals over in Cambridge and keep his base intact in Everett with votes like that? Funny thing is people in Cambridge, the vast majority, will never vote for him, especially now because Flaherty is running, and he WILL LOSE his base in Everett and Saugus with votes like these. He's lost mine.

Edited by - Heisenberg on 06/14/2010 11:41:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2010 :  11:46:15 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do you honestly believe Mr Flaherty's vote would have been anything different than Senator DiDomenico's? I don't. So for me, that is a mute point.
Go to Top of Page

Heisenberg

64 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2010 :  3:46:28 PM  Show Profile Send Heisenberg a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think it is a mute point. I voted, and I think people in Somerville, Saugus, and as well as Everett, for DiDomenico because we thought he would vote in the exact 180 degree opposite of Flaherty on issues like these.

Would Flaherty have voted the exact same way: absolutely he's a Cambridge liberal. My point is Sal doesn't have numbers/geography on his side (look at my previous posts) to begin with, and with votes like these it can only hurt him not help me. If he thinks he can keep his base intact AND pick up Cambridge and AB with a vote like this one, he's going to have even more of an uphill battle, that was my main point.

Edited by - Heisenberg on 06/15/2010 3:47:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

Political Hack

11 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  1:20:47 PM  Show Profile Send Political Hack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
September will be interesting as Sal has already screwed the people that got him there.

Political Hack
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  1:51:48 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Political Hack

September will be interesting as Sal has already screwed the people that got him there.

Political Hack

I heard a while ago that DJ Napolitano is his Chief of Staff. I cant confirm it, but that's what I heard.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  3:16:25 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I heard DJ is on his staff but not his COS, yet anyway.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  4:19:41 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tails

quote:

Political Hack

I heard a while ago that DJ Napolitano is his Chief of Staff. I cant confirm it, but that's what I heard.

Anyone in particular?
Go to Top of Page

Political Hack

11 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  5:39:26 PM  Show Profile Send Political Hack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Someone crom cambridge

Political Hack
Go to Top of Page

Political Hack

11 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2010 :  9:08:31 PM  Show Profile Send Political Hack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All that I know is that his first Name is Wally

Political Hack
Go to Top of Page

Heisenberg

64 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2010 :  10:11:34 PM  Show Profile Send Heisenberg a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Political Hack

I agree. I really think he has abandoned a lot of people.

People have told me Councilor DJ Napolitano is his COS others have told me someone from Cambridge so I have no idea on that one guys.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2