Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 Rumors
 More Rumors
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 35

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2012 :  1:55:44 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Somebody posted over on Topix posted that Dolores Latanzzi will fill the parking clerk position temporarily until they find someone to take the position permanently.

Take it for what it is worth.
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2012 :  2:52:02 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, at least she has some experience in that department. I still want to know what hack he's going to give the job to. There aren't many people who know how that office functions & if he doesn't put someone with a brain in there, the city stands to lose a lot of money.

That office isn't a place for someone who's there to pad their pension with a cushy job............
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2012 :  3:36:21 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you read John Ragucci's FaceBook page the other day, he was congratulated on getting the Parking Clerk position. I have no idea what is true or not.
Go to Top of Page

waterboy

101 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2012 :  3:39:53 PM  Show Profile Send waterboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
and if you read it today he added city of everett to his work so take it from the mouth of John
Go to Top of Page

kittycat

66 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2012 :  10:13:47 PM  Show Profile Send kittycat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
GUESS WHO HAS BEEN HANGING AROUND CITY HALL ALL DAY YESTERDAY AND TODAY MR. BOTOX HIMSELF WONDER IF HE LEFT HIS JOB IN NEWTON AND IS HEADING BACK TO THE DIRECTOR'S JOB IN EVERETT.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2012 :  4:24:44 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any news on the Parking Clerks position?
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2012 :  4:53:48 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No replacement yet.

The people in the office aren't very happy & it doesn't look like anyone gives a damn. Dolores Lattanzi does the hearings Monday nights but that seems to be all that's happening.

Mr Kelly was always there. It's hard to believe he wasn't doing anything but apparently that's the administrations take on it
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2012 :  2:37:32 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't get what's going on at all. The 9-11 director, the parking clerk, city service director, etc etc etc.... Department heads without appointments. It's kinda like gearing up to save jobs for the next election, should there be one.

As for Mr. Kelly, he was one of the very select few that was always working and extremely helpful. I cant tell you how many times I have gone in to city hall in other departments and stood there while people had heads down and are texting, as I wait and wait. You never saw that in the parking clerks office. I guess one does as one is taught.....
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2012 :  4:19:37 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe he's trying to line things up for another run at getting the CFO position approved?

I agree with you about Mr Kelly & his office. I overheard the staff talking & they said none of the things he did is being done....... That's a good way for money to go missing without anyone having a clue! I feel sorry for whoever does go in there. They'll have a hell of a mess to clean up!
Go to Top of Page

Fran

250 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2012 :  09:15:01 AM  Show Profile Send Fran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just a guess but maybe with the fiscal year closing in 11 weeks he's trying to save somemoney in salaries?
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2012 :  09:53:56 AM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Saving money is fine but if he wants to save money he should look around his own office. One of his staff seems to be the nanny. She picks the kids up from school, takes them to appointments, brings them home, ect. I've yet to figure out why my tax dollars are paying for that!

When do budget hearings start? They're always good entertainment......
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2012 :  11:13:25 AM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If they are following the dates in the new charter (and seem to be for budgets), the administration has to submit a budget to the city council at least 45 days before the beginning of the fiscal year. So, probably not until the middle of May at the earliest.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2012 :  11:22:15 AM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
from Topix:

anyone have confirmation on this, heard the mayor went down to city services last week with police and had one removed in handcuffs and one was fired

rumor mill said one was stealing gas, the other was ordering parts and using them for his business in the woodlawn area

I had heard part of the story about one of these from a pretty reliable source; the other was news to me though.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2012 :  2:28:58 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I still do not understand.

Even with the fiscal year closing, these positions need (and eventually) will be filled. Departments are running amuck…… firings, thefts, etc. It should not make a difference if the positions are budgeted this fiscal year or next…unless it’s deception of budget numbers to make the budget appear to be something it’s not.

I want to see the "true" budget..... and get a projection of what we will be bearing in the following year. Especially with all these unfilled positions. I wonder what salary ranges are in mind.
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2012 :  4:15:46 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I saw that on Topix as well Tetris but since so much of what's there is bull***t, I ignored it. I haven't heard anything from people I know & trust but it's certainly possible. Although........... I really can't imagine Peter Pet going after another mayor with a baseball bat. He got away with it once, but twice?

Tails, I have the same questions & concerns. I'd like to think our elected officials will too & are going to get some answers but....... I'm sure if they bother to ask, they'll let Melissa talk circles around them like she generally does. By the time she gets done, they're all nodding & agreeing with her because none of them has the guts to say they don't have a clue what she just said
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2