Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community
 Announcements
 2011 Common Council
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2011 :  09:06:38 AM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe that the agendas for City Council meetings are required to close some time on Thursdays so that the members have adequate time to review them and any associated materials prior to the meeting. Items can be added afterwards. if necessary, via suspension.

After doing a bit of research, I believe the changes to the parking meter fees and permits may not be legal. Even though the City Council voted to fully empower the Traffic Commission, I don't believe that this enpowerment included the ability to override the ordinances of the city. To me, these fees, as presently implemented, don't match what is contained in the city's ordinances. See below.

Section 18-146. Parking fees.
(c) Between the hours of 8:00 am and 6:00 pm Monday through Saturday, except legal holidays on which city hall is closed a parking fee of $.25/30 minutes on streets and $.25/hour in municipal lots and parking facilities shall be charges for all vehicles parking in a parking fee zone. (Ord of 05-05-2005)

Section 18-163 Fees
(a) The fee for a parking sticker for metered areas shall be determined by the Parking Clerk with approval of the Everett City Council and the Mayor.
Go to Top of Page

cathyk

97 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2011 :  09:49:17 AM  Show Profile Send cathyk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I understand the research you've done, but if I remember correctly, it was a voice vote and Cardello, Mangan, Marchese, and Sachetta were for it, and Vancampen, Mcgongale and Diperri were against it, to establish a parking commission and give the power to them. I think the ordiances changed, and we just didn't hear about it since they dont' post the meetings of the parking commission. Solicitor opinion was it's legal. I want to say this was back with the two stooges became Alderman.
Go to Top of Page

cathyk

97 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2011 :  09:57:21 AM  Show Profile Send cathyk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
NEW BUISNESS
1) A0302-10 Resolution/s/Alderman Robert VanCampen,
Councilors Lorraine Bruno, William Cardello and Rosa DiFlorio
That the Traffic Commission make Locust Street a one-way from
Bucknam Street to Main Street.
APPROVED 4-0

2) The Traffic Commission will consider adjusting all parking meter
fees currently in effect in the City of Everett to $1.00 per hour.
APPROVED 4-0, additionally, Parking Meter Sticker Fee adjusted to
$30 per month or $300 yearly.

3) The Traffic Commission will consider placing parking meters in the
municipal lot owned by the City of Everett on Spring Street adjacent to
Everett Stadium.
APPROVED 4-0

HANDICAP SPACES
1) 20 Edith Street – APPROVED 4-0
2) 151 Fremont Avenue – APPROVED 4-0
3) 12 Carlson Street – APPROVED 4-0
Go to Top of Page

cathyk

97 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2011 :  09:59:13 AM  Show Profile Send cathyk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here you go Tetris it was done by the traffic commission. Rock on, Sgt. Bova who doesn't even live in Everett, and the rest of you, your good for this city, now I know who not to vote for.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2011 :  11:47:32 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
(Joint Convention at 6:00 p.m. RE: Parkway Overlay District)
AGENDA AGENDA AGENDA AGENDA AGENDA AGENDA

REGULAR MEETING OF THE COMMON COUNCIL, MONDAY, JUNE 20, 2011, 7:00 PM,
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS, CITY HALL, 3RD FL., EVERETT, MASS

COMMUNICATIONS FROM HIS HONOR THE MAYOR
1. C0116-11 Order/s/Councilor Sergio Cornelio, as President
To accept $100.00 donation from Mr. & Mrs. William Apruzzese to the City of Everett's Department of Veteran's Services, in memory of Charles Apruzzese.

2. C0118-11 Order/s/Councilor Sergio Cornelio, as President
To transfer $8,977.00 from the Parking Meter Receipts to the Parking Meter Repairs and Maintenance Account, needed for Spring Street Parking Lot.

PAPERS FROM THE BOARD OF ALDERMEN
3. A0120-11 Order/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese, as President
To transfer a total of $100,000.00, as follows: $38,000 from the E911 Salary Account, $17,000 from the E911 Overtime Account and $45,000 from the Building Department Salary Account into the Workers Comp Trust/Exs Insurance Account.. This is due to the increase in claims during our current fiscal year.
(Passed sent down for concurrence)

4. A0027-11 Ordinance/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese, as President
To amend the Zoning Ordinances of the City of Everett by adding new Section 29 Governing Post- Construction Stormwater Managements of New Developments and Redevelopments; with a favorable recommendation from the Planning Board. (Enrolled sent down for enrollment)

5. A0026-11 Ordinance/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese, as President
To amend Zoning Ordinances of the City of Everett by adding new Section 28 Stormwater Management and Land Disturbance Ordinance; with a favorable recommendation from the Planning Board. (Enrolled sent down for enrollment)

6. JC007-11 Order/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese and Councilor Sergio Cornelio, as Presidents and as Chairmen of the Committee of Whole on the Budget for 2012-

Committee of the Whole on the Budget 2012 Report and Order for the Annual Appropriation Bill (Budget) for Fiscal Year 2012, as follows: That the Annual Appropriation Bill (Budget) for Fiscal Year 2012, as submitted by His Honor Mayor Carlo DeMaria, in the sum of $132,865,571.00 be passed as amended by deleting $100,000.00 from City Services Salaries Account 01-490-10-490-5111, thereby accepting the revised sum of $132,765,571.00 as the Annual Budget for the City of Everett 2012.

COMMUNICATIONS
7. C0098-11 Communication and Order
Favorable recommendation from Veteran's Services Director on Order/s/Councilor Anthony F. Ranieri -
In accordance with the provisions of Chapter 17, Section 17.1 (b) of the Revised Ordinances of the City of Everett, “Names & destinations; erection of signposts”, to dedicate a square in honor of Corporal Ernest M. DiBiase on Everett Street, at the corner of Tremont Street.

COMMITTEE REPORTS
8. JC010-11 Ordinance/s/Joint Convention Report
Regarding the Ordinance from His Honor The Mayor - In accordance with the provisions of Section 14 of the Everett City Charter, I hereby call a Joint Convention on Monday, June 20, 2011 at 6:00 p.m., in the Peter J. McCarren Memorial Chambers, City Hall, 3rd Floor, relative to the introduction of the Parkway Overlay District.

UNFINISHED BUSINESS
9. C0063-11 Resolution/s/Councilor William Cardello
That Marzie Galazka, the Director of Community Development, appear this meeting to give an update on the old high school. (Community Development update on bidding for this meeting)

10. C0108-11 Order/s/Councilor Sergio Cornelio, as President
That the Common Council suspends their regular meetings in the summer session for the entire month of August 2011, consisting of August 1st and August 15th, due to many members on vacation, which attributes to a lack of quorums which frustrates the rest of the membership who make the effort to attend. (Laid over under guidelines to this meeting)

NEW BUSINESS
11. C0110-11 Resolution/s/Councilor Leo McKinnon
To invite a representative of National Grid and the Everett Housing Authority to attend this meeting Monday, June 20th, relative to discussing impact of the recent power outage on June 1st in Ward Four, especially, 381 Ferry Street, right down to the Square itself, also affecting the business district.

12. C0117-11 Resolution/s/Councilor Lou Sierra
To invite a representative of the Whidden Hospital to attend this meeting relative to Whidden not allowing their employees to park in their parking garage, thereby causing a great inconvenience to residents living around the hospital and their employees taking up all the street parking.

13. C0112-11 Resolution/s/Councilors David Rodrigues, Carlie Smith and Daniel Napolitano-That the City Council request that His Honor the Mayor commission a study relative to the salaries of all city employees in relation to that of other, similar municipal employees in the Commonwealth; and be it further resolved that His Honor the Mayor commission both internal and external resources to this end.

14. C0113-11 Order/s/Councilors David Rodrigues, Daniel Napolitano and Adam Ragucci-That the City of Everett amend or establish all necessary ordinances in order to establish fines directed at the owners and caregivers of nuisance properties - that is, properties that have received numerous police complaints within a stated time period and continue to cause issues in neighborhoods.

15. C0114-11 Resolution/s/Councilor Anthony F. Ranieri
That the DCR erect a sign in front of the Crystal Poirier Highway westbound "DO NOT BLOCK ENTRANCE".

16. C0115-11 Resolution/s/Councilors Peter A. Napolitano, Rosemary Miller, John Leo McKinnon. Lorrie Bruno and Aldermen Robert Van Campen, Joseph McGonagle, Michael Marchese, Sal Sachetta-
That the Mayor consider rolling back the recent parking meter fee increase as this is causing an unnecessary burden to the residents, the business community and it's patrons.

C0119-11 Common Council Worksheet
Monday, June 20, 2011
Pursuant to Rule 17 of the Common Council, all resolutions requesting the repair, replacement or maintenance of pavement, sidewalks, traffic signals, signage, playground equipment, or other similar requests, shall be placed on a separate worksheet and voted on collectively at the next formal session, and, if passed, referred to the respective departments for their response back to sponsors, if required.

1. Sponsor: Councilors Jason Marcus,
Joseph King and Lou Sierra-To repair
Silver Road.
Referred to: Mayor, City Services Director, and
City Engineer.

Adjournment

Respectfully submitted:
Caroline McCorry
Administrative Assistant / Office Manager
Everett City Council Office
council@ci.everett.ma.us
Reminders:
6-20 6 p.m. Joint Convention
FYI: 6-23 5-7 p.m. Community Meeting in Council Chambers
6-27 6 p.m. Joint Convention
6-27 6:30 p.m. Committee on Licenses Meeting
6-27 7 p.m. Regular Board of Aldermen Meeting
You must be logged in to see this link.

Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2011 :  7:40:42 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Establishment of a fully powered traffic commission was a change to an ordinance; so, it would have been a roll call vote. However, even if all of the meeting reports were still available on the city web site, the versions posted there rarely, if ever, have reported the detailed results of the votes.

However, from the information that we have on our site, the empowering of the traffic commission likely passed a final vote on June 15, 2009, before the some of current members took office. The piece on the agenda specifies a number of changes that were to be made to Chapter 18 of the city's ordinances to allow for this but none of them were to the two areas that I pointed out in in my prior post. However, the last two sentences of the piece may be what allows these fee changes to be legal. They are as follows:

"The purpose of this amendment is to create a fully empowered traffic commission to establish a more efficient process for all traffic regulations. All Ordinances or parts of Ordinances in conflict with the foregoing are hereby repealed."

I've never thought of that last sentence as something that should be used to CYA in such a major way. Would it have been that hard to search that one section of the city ordinances to look for all the references to the city council that needed to be changed or to look for restrictions that would need to be removed to fully empower the commission?. Perhaps if the city council had better understood some of the power that they were giving up, the vote on the piece would have been different.

Ameding ordinances in this fashion makes it hard for the average citizen to read and understand them. If it is determined that the sections of the traffic ordinances that I've identied are no longer applicable as is, I would hope that they would be dealt with appropriately.

While doing this research, I noticed that there are 10 members of the traffic commission ("Chief of Police, Chief of the Fire Department, Director of Public Works, and the City Engineer, or their designees, and six (6) community representatives, one qualified elector from each of the wards of the city"). The ordinance also states that "A majority of the Commission shall constitute a quorum for the purpose of transacting the business of the Commission." I noticed that the votes on the meeting report that cathyk posted were all 4-0. Does anyone know if some members of the commission are not voting members? There's nothing in the ordinance that I could find that explains that.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2011 :  8:10:02 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Most members of the Common Council make me want to barf...

I will not be voting for anyone who voted in favor of the budget on the Common Council or the Board of Alderman.

Edited by - massdee on 06/20/2011 8:16:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2011 :  12:35:05 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What a damn bunch of yo-yo's last night. How dare Daniel Napolitano and Co. say that Everett's salaries are grossly underpaid.

Incase he needs a refresher, this is public sector, not private sector and certainly should NOT be a money maker on the TAXPAYERS of Everett who pay these salaries! And everyone knows this is just another weasely way for these kiss asses to try and give the mayor a raise. He's the one that should take the high road and say "I don't need it, so lets stop it" Trying to use taxpayer dollars to hire a consultant was the most absurd thing I've ever heard. And what "buddy" would the taxpayers be hiring this time??

And... when was the last time that Jason MarcASS ever had a speech prepared to talk on the budget? I wonder who wrote that for him because he's certainly not smart enough to figure anything out on his own. The only thing he's good for is to air out his own dirty laundry!

Mayor - $85,000.00
Chief of Staff - $81,000.00
Legislative Aid - $52,549.00
Executive Assistant - $44,613.00
PART TIME Constituent Services (who also works at the post office) $52,549.00 NOT BAD for a PART TIME JOB and starts at 6:00AM. What Constituent Services person starts at 6:00AM and has anyone ever tried calling at that time? The office is not open.

The salary for city auditor is $82,791.00 and that's NOT competitive! What boat do these people think the citizens and voters of this city jumped off of!!! There are IT people, Engineers, CEO's etc, that have spent years in school, and are well educated, that have taken dramatic cuts in pay because that's all that's out there. They learn to adjust to the times, but not Carlo people!

City Auditor - $82,791.00
Assistant City Auditor $55,708.00
Administrative Assistant - $40,509.00

THEN there is an increase in the budget book that says Senior Account Clerk $36,994.00 to $73,989.00. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT??

In Purchasing,

Senior Account Clerk - $75,329.00

Board of Assessors Data Collector - $77,512.00
Assistant Assessor- $46,771.00

Senior Account Clerk in the Treasures Office (works 20 hours)
$20,798.00

I'm convinced more than ever that Rodrigues in not only breaking State Ethic Law, but is nothing but a pawn. These salaries are unheard of in the private sector and these salaries played part in the economy crash! Between that, and the mayors credit card mentality, we are DOOMED. I cant believe how out of control it has become and most of all, how DISGRACEFUL most the Common Council are. They should just change their names to Bend Ova.
Go to Top of Page

Poli Scientist

52 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2011 :  1:52:11 PM  Show Profile Send Poli Scientist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe the part time position is actually split between two people.

Sick of hacks...
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

136 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2011 :  2:22:09 PM  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I see were salary cuts alone would help out. What happened to the freeze on salaries and jobs? Mayor needs to downsize his staff. I watched about having salary study done and I dont remember what numbnut put that piece on at the worst time. The same time a touchy budget was being voted on was not smart. Have a salary study done but screw other cities. We are not other cities. Do a survey on Everett people. Send postcards home to every household or whats one more Reverese 911 call from the mayor office. I get them all the time. Ask about income of Everett residents and what we pay out on a monthly basis and I guaretntee most do not make what city hall makes. People are forgetting we have two budgets now. Dont forget we have a second 11 million dollar budget on water enterprise. Some programs need adjusting with cutbacks. Not cut all together, but cutbacks.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2011 :  2:32:07 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hallowed Dreams

I see were salary cuts alone would help out. What happened to the freeze on salaries and jobs? Mayor needs to downsize his staff. I watched about having salary study done and I dont remember what numbnut put that piece on at the worst time. The same time a touchy budget was being voted on was not smart. Have a salary study done but screw other cities. We are not other cities. Do a survey on Everett people. Send postcards home to every household or whats one more Reverese 911 call from the mayor office. I get them all the time. Ask about income of Everett residents and what we pay out on a monthly basis and I guaretntee most do not make what city hall makes. People are forgetting we have two budgets now. Dont forget we have a second 11 million dollar budget on water enterprise. Some programs need adjusting with cutbacks. Not cut all together, but cutbacks.

It's right above, and it's item 13. Councilors David Rodrigues, Carlie Smith and Daniel Napolitano-That the City Council request that His Honor the Mayor commission a study relative to the salaries of all city employees in relation to that of other, similar municipal employees in the Commonwealth; and be it further resolved that His Honor the Mayor commission both internal and external resources to this end.
Go to Top of Page

Linda M

43 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2011 :  3:34:47 PM  Show Profile Send Linda M a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nothing out on the city website for Mondays meeting, typical.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2011 :  09:50:26 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
AGENDA AGENDA AGENDA AGENDA AGENDA AGENDA

REGULAR MEETING OF THE COMMON COUNCIL, MONDAY, JULY 18, 2011,
7:00 PM, CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS, CITY HALL, 3RD FL., EVERETT, MASS

COMMUNICATIONS FROM HIS HONOR THE MAYOR
1. C0124-11 Order/s/Councilor Sergio Cornelio, as President
To accept a donation of $212.48 from an anonymous donor to the City of Everett's
Office of Human Services Emergency Programs Account.

2. C0129-11 Order/s/Councilor Sergio Cornelio, as President
To petition the Great and General Court of the State Legislature for an Act to allow the
City of Everett to establish by ordinance, a department of financial services. Any such
by-law shall provide that the department shall be responsible to the Mayor of the City of
Everett.

PAPERS FROM THE BOARD OF ALDERMEN
3. A0125-11 Order/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese, as President
To authorize Mayor to apply for and accept grants with and from the Commonwealth of
Massachusetts Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs for the Parkland
Acquisition and Renovation for Communities Program. Such funding will allow for the
preservation and improvement of open space and recreation space in Everett.
Specifically, the City of Everett will seek grant funds to support the rehabilitation of
Glendale Park, which will include improvements to the playing field. (Passed sent down
for concurrence).

4. A0027-11 Ordinance/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese, as President
To amend the Zoning Ordinances of the City of Everett by adding new Section 29
Governing Post-Construction Stormwater Managements of New Developments and
Redevelopments. (Ordained sent down for ordainment)

5. A0026-11 Ordinance/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese, as President
To amend Zoning Ordinances of the City of Everett by adding new Section 28
Stormwater Management and Land Disturbance Ordinance. (Ordained sent down for
ordainment)

6. C0115-11 Resolution/s/Councilors Peter A. Napolitano, Rosemary Miller,
John Leo McKinnon. Lorrie Bruno and Aldermen Robert Van Campen,
Joseph McGonagle, Michael Marchese, Sal Sachetta
That the Mayor consider rolling back the recent parking meter fee increase as this is
causing an unnecessary burden to the residents, the business community and it's
patrons. (Amended by deleting word "Mayor" and insert words "Traffic Commission".
Passed as amended, sent down for concurrence on the amendment to send to the
Traffic Commission."

7. A0085-11 Order/s/Order/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese, as President
To accept that portion of Air Force Road, from Norman Street to the end of Air Force
Road, as a Public Way, with favorable planning board and joint convention/public
hearing recommendation. (Passed sent down for concurrence)

8. A0035-11 Ordinance/s/Alderman Robert Van Campen and Councilor
Daniel Napolitano
To amend Chapter 18, Section 144 by adding section "(c) Vehicles to be Cleaned Within
Forty-Eight Hours of the End of a Declared Snow Emergency. The owner of any vehicle
parked along a public way within the City of Everett shall, within a forty-eight hours
following the termination of a declared snow emergency, clean said vehicle of all snow."
(Enrolled sent down for enrollment)

9. A0123-11 Resolution/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese
That the City consider placing a police detail at Dunkin Donuts on Broadway, at Lynn
Street, across from Pope John High School when school session starts back in the fall
from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. (Passed sent down for concurrence to send to Mayor, Police
Chief and the Fully Empowered Traffic Commission.)

UNFINISHED BUSINESS
10. C0117-11 Resolution/s/Councilors Lou Sierra, Joseph King and Jason
Marcus
To invite a representative of the Whidden Hospital to attend this meeting relative to
Whidden not allowing their employees to park in their parking garage, thereby causing a
great inconvenience to residents living around the hospital and their employees taking
up all the street parking.

NEW BUSINESS
11. C0120-11 Resolution/s/Councilor Rosa DiFlorio
That the Mayor consider looking into the lighting on Ellsworth Street.

12. C0121-11 Resolution/s/Councilor Anthony F. Ranieri
That the Mayor consider offering a tax incentive program to local businesses for hiring
Everett residents.

13. C0122-11 Resolution/s/Councilor Anthony F. Ranieri
To let it be known of a number where you can choose to stop reoccurring pre-screened
offers of credit, and from other companies, by calling this number: 1-888-5-OPT-OUT.

14. C0123-11 Resolution/s/Councilor Jason Marcus
That the Bruins consider bringing the Stanley Cup for a showing at the Everett
Recreation Center, 47 Elm Street, Everett, MA.

15. C0125-11 Resolution/s/Councilor Adam Ragucci
That the Department of Code Enforcement or the City Solicitor either appear or respond
in writing on the residential property of 73 Central Ave, as is now becoming an eyesore
within the residential neighborhood.

16. C0126-11 Resolution/s/Councilor Rosa DiFlorio and Alderman Robert J.
Van Campen
That the Mayor consider doing a study on the feasibility of building a parking garage on
Norwood Street.

17. C0127-11 Resolution/s/Councilor Rosemary Miller
In the interest of public safety, to have the City Solicitor, Mayor's Chief of Staff, the 911
Director, City Engineer and representatives from the Police and Fire Departments
appear to answer questions regarding safety issues and why it has been so slow and
difficult to find the correct procedure to delete/change the name of a private way (Blake
Terrace and Gladstone Terrace).

18. C0128-11 Resolution/s/Councilor Peter A. Napolitano
That a representative from the Traffic Commission appear to explain the 24 hour
residential parking trail program currently enacted in the South Everett (Lynde)
neighborhoods.

19. C0130-11 Resolution/s/Councilor Anthony F. Ranieri
That Code Enforcement get in touch with the MBTA and clean up near the Patrick
Moreschi Memorial Bridge Underpass on Tileston Street, as it has become a dumping
ground.

20. C0131-11
Common Council Worksheet
Monday, July 18, 2011
Pursuant to Rule 17 of the Common Council, all resolutions requesting the repair,
replacement or maintenance of pavement, sidewalks, traffic signals, signage,
playground equipment, or other similar requests, shall be placed on a separate
worksheet and voted on collectively at the next formal session, and, if passed, referred
to the respective departments for their response back to sponsors, if required.
1. Sponsor: Councilor Catherine Tomassi Hicks – To trim the grass on the sidewalks at
Elm Road, Elm Way and corner of Waters Ave.
Referred to: City Services Park Department

2. Sponsor: Councilor Catherine Tomassi Hicks – That the grass be trimmed at the
Water’s Ave Project.

3. Sponsor: Councilor Catherine Tomassi Hicks – To inspect foreclosed property at 35
Valley Street, as the place is a mess, needs to be maintained.
Referred to: Code Enforcement Department

4. Sponsor: Councilor Peter A. Napolitano – To erect a sign with arrows at the
intersection of Broadway and Church Street directing vehicles to the Municipal Parking
Lot between Devens and Norwood Street.
Referred to: City Services Sign Department

5. Sponsor: Councilor Peter A. Napolitano – To repair the Water Fountain at the
Stadium Park.

6. Sponsors: Councilor Peter A. Napolitano – To replace the dead trees at 44 Florence
Street and 56 Florence Street. Trees were planted less than one year ago.

7. Sponsor: Councilor Peter A. Napolitano - To repair two potholes on Union Street, in
front of the intersection of Union Street and Golden Age Circle.
Referred to: City Services Department

8. Sponsor: Councilor Peter A. Napolitano – To repair potholes on Courtland Street.

9. Sponsor: Councilor Peter A. Napolitano – To repair the pothole along side the
manhole cover at the intersection of Bow Street and Beecham Street.

10. Sponsor: Councilor Peter A. Napolitano – To replace the “No Parking 20 feet from
the corner sign” at the intersection of Clark Street and Main Street, on the right-hand
side.
Referred to: City Services Sign Division

11. Sponsor: Councilor Peter A. Napolitano – To fill-in the pothole along side the
manhole cover at 17 Mansfield Street. Referred to: City Services Department

12. Sponsor: Councilors Adam Ragucci and D. J. Napolitano – To add a “TOW ZONE”
sign onto the existing “NO PARKING” sign at the corner of Ferry Street and Rock Valley
Ave, in the interest of public safety.
Referred to: City Services Sign Department

13. Sponsor: Councilor Peter A. Napolitano – To repair the pothole on Thorndike Street
between 19 and 21 Thorndike Street.
Adjournment

Respectfully submitted:
Caroline McCorry
Administrative Assistant / Office Manager
Everett City Council Office
council@ci.everett.ma.us

Reminders:
7-19-11 6:00 p.m. Committee on Bills & Accounts Meeting
7-19-11 6:00 p.m. Committee on Printing Meeting
7-25-11 7:00 p.m. Board of Aldermen Meeting
8-15-11 7:00 p.m. Common Council Meeting
8-22-11 7:00 p.m. Board of Aldermen Meeting
You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

cozulady

165 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2011 :  10:01:07 AM  Show Profile Send cozulady a Private Message  Reply with Quote

What is #2 all about. Sounds like the set up for another job merge and high salary.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2011 :  10:47:28 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a department is getting created. It must be all figured out since the administration is petitioning the court.

I'd like to know how many people in this department.....their job titles.....and most important, what are the salaries? If those questions do not get answered NO WAY should this get approved to sent to the state. If I hear "cost savings" I'd also like to see (who ever speaks) PROVE IT. Something this important should be coming from the mayor himself, so I hope he's there to explain this.

If this is not explained in detail, watch tonight for who the "rubber stampers" will be.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2