Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community
 Announcements
 2011 Common Council
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

Poli Scientist

52 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2011 :  11:30:50 AM  Show Profile Send Poli Scientist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Should be fun to watch Pete grandstand tonight with his 14 items on the worksheet.

Sick of hacks...
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2011 :  11:46:07 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thought worksheets were not discussed at the meetings? Am I wrong?
Go to Top of Page

cozulady

165 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2011 :  12:25:19 PM  Show Profile Send cozulady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tails

That's correct. Shows who the real Hack is. Speaks but knows less.
Go to Top of Page

OuttaHere

58 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2011 :  12:28:36 PM  Show Profile Send OuttaHere a Private Message  Reply with Quote
2. C0129-11 Order/s/Councilor Sergio Cornelio, as President
To petition the Great and General Court of the State Legislature for an Act to allow the
City of Everett to establish by ordinance, a department of financial services. Any such
by-law shall provide that the department shall be responsible to the Mayor of the City of
Everett.

You GOT It!......I'll be DVRing this to IPhone so I can hold it up to whoever as for my vote,NOT!.....If they vote yes,....you are outtahere! ;)
Go to Top of Page

Poli Scientist

52 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2011 :  2:23:38 PM  Show Profile Send Poli Scientist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like I am wrong, and when I am I admit it. No need for an attack.
quote:
Originally posted by cozulady

quote:
Originally posted by Tails

That's correct. Shows who the real Hack is. Speaks but knows less.

Sick of hacks...
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2011 :  2:45:14 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can someone explain amending zoning ordinances and why?

4. A0027-11 Ordinance/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese, as President
To amend the Zoning Ordinances of the City of Everett by adding new Section 29
Governing Post-Construction Stormwater Managements of New Developments and
Redevelopments. (Ordained sent down for ordainment)

5. A0026-11 Ordinance/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese, as President
To amend Zoning Ordinances of the City of Everett by adding new Section 28
Stormwater Management and Land Disturbance Ordinance. (Ordained sent down for
ordainment)
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2011 :  10:06:18 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
AGENDA AGENDA AGENDA AGENDA AGENDA AGENDA

REGULAR MEETING OF THE COMMON COUNCIL, MONDAY, AUGUST 15, 2011, 7:00 PM, CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS, CITY HALL, 3RD FL., EVERETT, MASS 02149

COMMUNICATIONS FROM HIS HONOR THE MAYOR

1. C0135-11 Order/s/Councilor Sergio Cornelio, as President
That the following revolving account be authorized in accordance with Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 44, Section 53E 1/2, in the amount not to exceed those set forth below; this account may be collected and expended by the designated City Official(s) for the specified purposes during Fiscal Year 2012:

EXPENDITURE PURPOSE: Upkeep of the Health Department vaccine stockpile as requested by the State Department of Health. RECEIPTS: Masspro and Commonwealth care reimbursement for vaccine distribution RESPONSIBLE CITY OFFICIALS: Board of Health Director FY LIMIT: $10,000.00

2. C0138-11 Order/s/Councilor Sergio Cornelio, as President
To accept a donation of $300.00 from Eagle Bank to the City of Everett's Office of Human Services Adult Learning Center Account.

3. C0139-11 Order/s/Councilor Sergio Cornelio, as President
To accept a donation totaling $65.00 from Mr. & Mrs. Peter Napolitano, in memory of Philip Napolitano, to the Department of Veteran's Services Gift Account.

4. C0140-11 Order/s/Councilor Sergio Cornelio, as President
To accept the donations of $37,500.00 from Columbia Pictures, Inc. into the Everett Park Revolving Account.

5. C0141-11 Order/s/Councilor Sergio Cornelio, as President
That the following revolving account be authorized in accordance with Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 44, Section 53E 1/2, in the amount not to exceed those set forth below; this account may be collected and expended by the designated City Official(s) for the purposes specified during Fiscal Year 2012:
Expenditure Purpose: Funding for the 9/11 Memorial Receipts: Contributions/donations for 9/11 Memorial Responsible City Officials:

Mayor FY12 Limit: 150,000.00.
PAPERS FROM THE BOARD OF ALDERMEN

6. A0135-11 Order/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese, as President
That the Chief Procurement Officer is hereby granted permission to accept and dispose of the following item in a sale: 1985 International Model 1750 Truck, VIN#2HTNDHXN6FCB12383, Estimated Value: $18,000.00. (Passed sent down for concurrence)

7. A0137-11 Order/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese, as President
To accept the donation of $50.00 from Mr. John Ricci to the Department of Veteran's Services Gift Account. (Passed sent down for concurrence)
8. A0035-11 Ordinance/s/Alderman Robert Van Campen and Councilor

8. A0035-11 Ordinance/s/Alderman Robert Van Campen and Councilor Daniel Napolitano To amend Chapter 18, Section 144 by adding section "(c) Vehicles to be Cleaned Within Forty-Eight Hours of the End of a Declared Snow Emergency. The owner of any vehicle parked along a public way within the City of Everett shall, within a forty-eight hours following the termination of a declared snow emergency, clean said vehicle of all snow." (Ordained sent down for concurrence)

9. A0101-11 Committee on Printing Report
On Order offered by Alderman Michael K. Marchese, as Aldermanic President and Councilor Sergio Cornelio, as Common Council President - That in accordance with the provisions of Massachusetts General Law, Chapter 43B, the city council shall cause the final report of the Everett Charter Commission to be printed and a copy be distributed to each residence of one or more registered voters. Such distribution shall occur not later than two weeks before the November 8, 2011 municipal election at which the question of adopting the charter is to be submitted to the voters. Additional copies of the final report shall be filed with the city clerk for distribution to registered voters requesting the same and one such copy shall be posted in his office; with a recommendation to award State-Line Graphics of Everett the contract to commence the printing of 20,000 copies of the Final Report of the Everett Charter Commission at a cost of $18,250.00. (Committee report accepted, passed sent down for concurrence)

COMMUNICATIONS
10. C0123-11
Negative response back on Resolution/s/Councilor Jason Marcus-That the Bruins consider bringing the Stanley Cup for a showing at the Everett Recreation Center, 47 Elm Street, Everett, MA.; not available for special requests due to demanding travel schedule and primary focus being with their players this summer.

11. C0110-11
Communication from Everett Housing Authority relative to Resolution offered by Councilor Leo McKinnon regarding impact of the power outage on June 1st in Ward Four.

UNFINISHED BUSINESS
12. C0117-11 Resolution/s/Councilors Lou Sierra, Joseph King and Jason Marcus
To invite a representative of the Whidden Hospital to attend this meeting relative to Whidden not allowing their employees to park in their parking garage, thereby causing a great inconvenience to residents living around the hospital and their employees taking up all the street parking.

13. C0120-11 Resolution/s/Councilor Rosa DiFlorio
That the Mayor consider looking into the lighting on Ellsworth Street.

14. C0125-11 Resolution/s/Councilor Adam Ragucci
That the Department of Code Enforcement or the City Solicitor either appear or respond in writing on the residential property of 73 Central Ave, as is now becoming an eyesore within the residential neighborhood.

15. C0127-11Resolution/s/CouncilorRosemaryMiller
In the interest of public safety, to have the City Solicitor, Mayor's Chief of Staff, the 911 Director, City Engineer and representatives from the Police and Fire Departments appear to answer questions regarding safety issues and why it has been so slow and difficult to find the correct procedure to delete/change the name of a private way (Blake Terrace and Gladstone Terrace).

16. C0130-11 Resolution/s/Councilor Anthony F. Ranieri
That Code Enforcement get in touch with the MBTA and clean up near the Patrick Moreschi Memorial Bridge Underpass on Tileston Street, as it has become a dumping ground.

NEW BUSINESS
17. C0133-11 Resolution/s/Councilors Rosa DiFlorio, Kenneth Giannelli, Cynthia Sarnie, D.J. Napolitano, Anthony Ranieri, Sergio Cornelio, David Rodrigues, Rosemary Miller and Aldermen Michael Mangan, Robert Van Campen, Millie Cardello
To respectfully request that the Zoning Board of Appeals, Planning Board and the Licensing Board meetings be held at a time that does not conflict with the Board of Aldermen and Common Council meetings. This will allow both the public and elected officials to attend.

18. C0132-11 Resolution/s/Councilor Leo McKinnon
To invite Sheriff Peter J. Koutoujian to appear this meeting to describe some of the programs he is planning to do with the City of Everett.

19. C0134-11 Resolution/s/Councilor Sergio Cornelio
To get a written update for this meeting as to the status of all city vehicles being marked with city seal, numbers and state license plates in accordance with city ordinance.

20. C0136-11 Resolution/s/Councilor Peter A. Napolitano
That the Mayor and the Community Development Director appear before the Common Council to present the plan to erect a water fountain in front of the Parlin Library.

21. C0137-11 Resolution/s/Councilor Jason Marcus
That the City of Everett Code Enforcement and Police Department go around on trash days and try to stop trash pickers from picking through our trash.
22. C0142-11

Common Council Worksheet Monday, August 15, 2011 Pursuant to Rule 17 of the Common Council, all resolutions requesting the repair, replacement or maintenance of pavement, sidewalks, traffic signals, signage, playground equipment, or other similar requests, shall be placed on a separate worksheet and voted on collectively at the next formal session, and, if passed, referred to the respective departments for their response back to sponsors, if required. 1. Sponsor: Councilor Jason Marcus – To repair the sidewalks at the following locations: 93 Dartmouth Street and 10 Alpine Referred to: City Services Department

2. Sponsor: Councilors Adam Ragucci, DJ Napolitano and Leo McKinnon – That the Traffic Commission highly considers no parking on both sides of Shute Street starting at Marie Ave to Ferry Street due to traffic flow problems at that intersection. Referred to:

Traffic Commission

3. Sponsor: Councilor Peter A. Napolitano - That the City replaces all the parking meter signs in the municipal parking lots as they still reflect the old parking meter amount and duration. Referred to: Parking Clerk and City Services Sign Department

4. Sponsor: Councilor Peter A. Napolitano To repair the heavily damaged sidewalk along the Myrtle Street side of 203 Bradford Street. This is a corner address. This is a public safety issue. Referred to: City Services Department

5. Sponsor: Councilor Peter A. Napolitano - Repair the damaged sidewalk in front of the driveway of 131 Main Street. Referred to: City Services Department

6. Sponsors: Councilor Peter A. Napolitano - Repair and/or replace the metal tree border in front of 459 Broadway as a piece of metal is sticking up creating a public safety issue. Referred to: City Services Department

7. Sponsor: Councilor Peter A. Napolitano - Repair the pothole by the water cover in front of 130 Main Street. Referred to: City Services Department

8. Sponsor: Councilor Peter A. Napolitano - To repair potholes on Ferry Street between Chelsea Street and Nichols Street. Referred to: City Services Department

9. Sponsor: Councilor Peter A. Napolitano - To repair the damaged sidewalk in front of the driveway of 32 Lafayette Street. Referred to: City Services Department

10. Sponsor: Councilor Peter A. Napolitano - To repair the damaged sidewalk on Dane Street. Referred to: City Services Department

Adjournment
Respectfully submitted:

Caroline McCorry
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager Everett City Council Office council@ci.everett.ma.us
Reminder: 8/16 6PM Committee on Bills & Accounts Meeting 8/22 7PM Board of Aldermen Meeting 9/6 7PM Next Common Council Meeting
You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2011 :  5:46:08 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It seems that this could be a very interesting meeting tonight...if the Mayor decides to appear that is. After the last two meetings, let's hope that the Mayor got the message and finally learned a lesson that he should seriously consider appearing at these meetings when requested. But I guess we won't know that for sure until it does or doesn't happen.

I have my doubts that there will be any debates during the mayoral campaign. So a discussion about the fountain piece could probably be the closest that we get to a civil(?) discussion between the Mayor and Councilor Napolitano that highlights their differences.
Go to Top of Page

cathyk

97 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2011 :  7:20:38 PM  Show Profile Send cathyk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
NO MAYOR TONIGHT NOT ANYONE IN ****TY HALL
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2011 :  7:45:42 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think Peter Napolitano is right on item #4&5...

Edited by - massdee on 08/15/2011 8:20:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

OuttaHere

58 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2011 :  9:29:24 PM  Show Profile Send OuttaHere a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Help!...My wife is squashed...and she won't get up!". Thanks for the tip Rosa! "Quick call that rocket scientist Jill Barringer or that slackjawed dope next to her whose lipsove when he reads the funny papers! .....Now that I thinkof it, isn't it against Roberts Rules of Order to make a motion on the floor with your wig on sideways? Enquiring Minds want to know!
Go to Top of Page

Marie

114 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2011 :  08:45:06 AM  Show Profile Send Marie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does it bother anyone that Councilor Rodrigues speaks on issues coming from the mayor's office? Usually Councilor's with family members working in a department being discussed leave the chamber and don't speak or vote on the item. Councilor Rodrigues is married to the mayor's Chief of Staff, Melissa Murphy. It doesn't seem ethical to me and a conflict of interest. Am I wrong?
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2011 :  08:50:18 AM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So I guess we are going to get to see a discussion on the fountain piece. Since it couldn't be held last night, I believe that Councilor Napolitano made a very wise choice to refer it to committee where he will likely receive more backing for his point of view from members of the Board of Aldermen than he would have gotten from Common Council members last night. I also thought that he showed the proper restraint on this piece, seemingly saving his points for the committee meeting.

So I have to say that I was disappointed that the same restraint didn't carry over to the related piece on establishing the revolving account. (Councilor Miller should have saved her comments until the committee meeting too, IMHO.) I had no problem with making a motion to table this piece until after the committee meeting was held or even referring the piece to the same committee. Either of these options seem to make sense but if it was not the will of the Council to agree, so be it. The main battle was seemingly won, it's OK to lose a small skirmish. And it's probably better to have some place to park any money that may have already been collected for the cause anyways.

I actually liked that President Cornelio put his foot down on what he will allow to happen in the chamber, specially during election season. I fully support that, as long as he calls it down the middle. Since I don't believe that microphones picked up the entire exchange, it was hard to judge whether or not that was the case this time though.

I have to say that I agree with Councilor Napolitano about not putting the money received from the movie company into the park revolving fund; rather it should be used first to offset the actual costs the city incurred for having movie made here. Otherwise, it's like the city paid for making the movie. Sure, the city gets money to make park improvements but it's just ends up as more money for the city to spend.

What if a line item got overspent because of additional costs added by the movie company? Since, in this case, the movie was filmed in the previous fiscal year, we'd probably never know that. But it would likely reduce the amount of free cash available for this fiscal year. If it were possible for the city to calculate the costs incurred by the movie somewhat accurately and there were funds available in excess of the actual costs, then it would be appropriate to have a discussion on the best way to use those excess funds.

Edited by - tetris on 08/16/2011 08:52:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2011 :  08:59:29 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marie

Does it bother anyone that Councilor Rodrigues speaks on issues coming from the mayor's office? Usually Councilor's with family members working in a department being discussed leave the chamber and don't speak or vote on the item. Councilor Rodrigues is married to the mayor's Chief of Staff, Melissa Murphy. It doesn't seem ethical to me and a conflict of interest. Am I wrong?

YES. We had a councilor before who was the wife of a police officer and she had to get a ruling from state ethics. Remember that Erin Deveny was denied her split position as City Solicitor/COS so I cant imagine that would be okay with state ethics.

It's Rodrigues himself that is making people angry. He should do the proper thing and excuse himself, just like Rosa DiFlorio does when in pertains to city services. He doesn't do it though, so it gets reported to state ethics. He was never elected by the people. I don't see him getting elected anyway, he was just a favor to the administration from the common council.
Go to Top of Page

dadoo

11 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2011 :  09:06:09 AM  Show Profile Send dadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OuttaHere

"Help!...My wife is squashed...and she won't get up!". Thanks for the tip Rosa! "Quick call that rocket scientist Jill Barringer or that slackjawed dope next to her whose lipsove when he reads the funny papers! .....Now that I thinkof it, isn't it against Roberts Rules of Order to make a motion on the floor with your wig on sideways? Enquiring Minds want to know!

POSTING FACEBOOK PICTURES WHEN SUPPOSED TO BE AT MGH!! NOT SMART AND CC PEOPLE LOVIN THE PICS NOT A HOW YA FEELIN
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2