Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community
 Announcements
 2011 Board of Aldermen
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2011 :  3:43:56 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I knew about Marchese Construction, which only adds fuel to the fire for me the way Mike Marchese has been acting, or I should say…keeping his mouth shut.

I don’t know why the joint convention was cancelled but I do know the city sold that land on the corner of Vine and the Parkway for $600,000.00 knowing the owner wanted to put in a laundry mat.... then implemented the Moratorium.

I’m not in favor of a laundry mat, but I thought that was VERY DISHONEST. That owner from West Roxbury is paying taxes on that land, and cant do a damn thing with it. It was disgraceful how that was handled. They took his money then said screw.

Is this the 12 million dollar budget you are looking for?

February 22, 2011
City of Everett, Massachusetts
CITY COUNCIL

Offered By:

Bill Number: JC005-11
Bill Type:

February 17, 2011

Honorable City Council
484 Broadway, Room 38
Everett, MA 02149

Ladies and Gentlemen:

In accordance with the provisions of Section 14 of the
Everett City Charter, I hereby call a Joint Convention of
the Everett City Council as follows:

Date: Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Time: 6:00 PM

City Hall, 3rd Floor, Everett, Massachusetts 02149

Subject:
1. To present the FY12 Water/ Sewer Enterprise
Budget and recommend that the following sums be
appropriated to operate the water/sewer enterprise:

Direct:
MWRA water: $4,126,571

MWRA sewer: $6,968,650

Salaries: $369,730

Expenses: $421,801

Debt: $607,849

Extra/ Unforeseen: $50,000

Budgeted Surplus:$0

Subtotal: $12,544,601

Indirect:
Health Insurance: $90,430

FICA: $5,361

Pensions: $33,275

Auditing Department: $14,831

Treasurer/ Collector: $53,431

Subtotal: $197,328

Total: $12,741,929

$12,544,601 from Enterprise Earnings
$0 from Retained Earnings

$197,328 to be raised and appropriated in the general
fund operating budget and allocated to the enterprise
fund for funding.

Respectfully submitted,
Carlo DeMaria, Jr.
Mayor

Cc: Mr. Michael Matarazzo, City Clerk
Ms. Caroline McCorry, Everett City Council Office
Posted in accordance with the provisions of M.G.L.,
Chapter 39, Sections 23A,B, C on 2/17/2011 at
11:08AM. Attest: Michael Matarazzo, City Clerk.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2011 :  4:45:21 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, but I've already seen that. What I'm looking for is a line item budget, much like we get for the operating budget. Comparisons to prior year's appropriations (even though this is the first year, there should be comparisons to the similiar line items in the operating budget), positions in the department and what they are being paid, etc. It seemed as if there was some other document that they were discussing at the Finance Csommittee but I haven't seen it anywhere else. And trying to get anything out of City Hall is like pulling teeth.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2011 :  12:14:06 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF ALDERMEN, MONDAY, MARCH 28, 2011, 7:00 PM, PETER J. MCCARREN MEMORIAL CHAMBERS, EVERETT, MA 02149

COMMUNICATIONS FROM HIS HONOR THE MAYOR

1. A0055-11 Order/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese, as President-Subject to confirmation by the Honorable Board of Aldermen, and in conformity with the Revised Ordinances of the City of Everett,
Article II, Chapter 2, Section 31 (b), and Article III. Boards, Commissions and Committees, Division 9. Disability Commission, I hereby appoint Dawn Keene to the Disability Commission to fill a three (3) year term that expires in February 2014.

2. A0056-11 Order/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese, as President-Subject to confirmation by the Honorable Board of Aldermen, and in conformity with the Revised Ordinances of the City of Everett,
Chapter 14, Article I, Section 14-10 Special Police, I hereby appoint Michael Giuffre as a Special Police Officer for the City of Everett for an unpaid term of one (1) year ending March 29, 2012.

3. A0057-11 Order/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese, as President-Subject to confirmation by the Honorable Board of Aldermen, in accordance with the Revised Ordinances of the City of Everett, Article
II. Officers and Employees, Chapter 2, Section 2-31 - 7 (a) and Section 29 of the Everett City Charter, I hereby appoint Mary Barker to the Library Board of Trustees to fill a three (3) year term that expires in June 2014.

PAPERS FROM THE COMMON COUNCIL

4. C0051-11 Order/s/Councilor Sergio Cornelio, as President To accept donations totaling $27,645.00 as follows: $22,400 from the Mary and Phineas Tobe Trust to be expended on the "creation of a laptop
learning lab and to support programs for children and teenagers" deposited into Phineas Tobe Trust Gift Account 28.3590.GY; $5,000.00 from Mary and Phineas Tobe Trust to "be used to support Shute Library
renovations" deposited into Renovation of Shute Library Gift Account 28.3590.ZL; and $245.00 from the following individuals, donated in memory of the late Virginia Murray, deposited into the Parlin Library Gift
Account 28.3590.GD-$25.00 from George and Anne Marie Dumas of Woburn, MA, $50.00 from Denise and Frank Russell of Malden, MA, $50.00 from Joseph Pesche, Jr., of Malden, MA., $25.00 from George & Catherine Stroman of Malden, MA., $10.00 from M.L. O'Brien of Malden, MA., $60.00 from Mrs. Frances A. Brescia-Everett, Mrs. Robert Tomaz-Saugus and Mr. Douglas A. Chute of Everett; $25.00 from Margaret Lapore, Melrose, MA. (Passed, letters of thanks be sent, sent up for concurrence.)

PETITIONS AND LICENSES

5. A0062-11
Petition for 2nd Class Motor Dealer License from Auto Gallery of Everett at 1993 Revere Beach Parkway; with two repair stalls and 26 vehicles for sale.

6. A0063-11
Petition for 2nd Class Motor Dealer License from Parkway Auto Sales at 1847 Revere Beach Parkway, with two repair stalls and 15 vehicles for sale.

7. A0064-11
Petition from Cassaro Motors at 1847 Revere Beach Parkway at 1847 Revere Beach Parkway, with one repair stall and fifteen vehicles for sale.

COMMUNICATIONS

8. A0061-11 Communication
"I, Anna S. Coco-Director/Secretary/Treasurer am informing the Board of Aldermen that we have changed the Company name from "Perfect Auto Body, LLC" to "Perfect Auto Body, Inc. All party in this company is and will remain the same".

UNFINISHED BUSINESS

9. A0012-11 Resolution/s/Alderman Michael Mangan
That Mayor DeMaria appear to discuss the possibility of advertising businesses on city property in order to raise additional revenue.

10. A0023-11 Resolution/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese
To ask the city Auditor what percentage of city property is tax exempt and to submit written response for this meeting.

11. A0037-11 Resolution/s/Madam Alderman Millie J. Cardello
That the Director of City Services appear before the Board of Aldermen to discuss the current pothole situation. (2/14 Referred to Director of City Services for a response back this meeting)

NEW BUSINESS

12. A0052-11 Resolution/s/Alderman Sal Sachetta
I would appreciate either the Mayor or his Aide, and or someone from the Assessor’s office explain the $900,00.00 tax break over a 10 year period from the year 1999. given to U.S. Foodservice, as they are planning to shutdown their warehouse in Everett, and lay off Approx 150 employees. Were there any restrictions as to how long after that 10-year period they would have to stay in Everett? Also how much tax is the City of Everett going to lose when they leave Everett, will their Warehouse still be Taxable property to the extent that it is now taxed?

13. A0053-11 Order/s/Alderman L. Charles DiPerri
By The Board of Aldermen of the City of Everett, to amend the Board of Aldermen Rules, Rule 74, relative to Signs, Awnings, Banners and Canopy Petitions.

14. A0054-11 Order/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese
To dedicate and name the corner of Chestnut Street and Foster Street the "Al Vega Square" in honor one of the most famous and excellent musicians coming out of the City of Everett.

15. A0058-11 Resolution/s/Alderman Robert J. Van Campen
That the mayor, City Auditor and Budget Director appear at this meeting of the Board of Aldermen to provide the citizens of Everett with an overview as to the status of the City's projected FY12 operating budget.

16. A0059-11 Resolution/s/Alderman Robert J. Van Campen
That the Mayor and City Treasurer appear at this meeting of the Board of Aldermen to provide the amount of all code enforcement fines issued during FY11, as well as the amounts actually collected on said fines.

17. A0060-11 Resolution/s/Alderman Robert J. Van Campen
That the Mayor and City Treasurer appear at this meeting of the Board of Aldermen to provide the amount of all back taxes which have been collected during FY11, and to explain how those monies are factored into
the City's currently and future operating budget(s) and tax levy.

Adjournment

Respectfully submitted:
Caroline McCorry
Adm. Assist. / Ofc. Mgr.
Everett City Council Office
council@ci.everett.ma.us

Reminder:
3/30 7PM Charter Commission Public Hearing in Council Chambers
4/4 7PM Common Council Meeting
4/11 7PM Next Board of Aldermen Meeting

You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

thiscitystinks

12 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2011 :  11:10:42 AM  Show Profile Send thiscitystinks a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok. So I am reading the advocate this morning and I see the vote for double dipping, the only question I have is that Police or Firemen are civil service there is a state law that allows them to get their pay along with pay from the military, so now the city gets involved. I think they need to do their homework on this, I might be wrong but I don't think you can over rule state law and civil service I could be wrong

So the city increases in 9.54% are those all the citizens that the state let go or all the crip's that have moved into the city ( just wondering)

So if Cornelio ask for the Whitter School (his ward) why can't they do that for all the schools?? it's a great gesture Serg but I don't think it's fair, and I can't see the city spending more money to change the signs.

Rosa had a great idea but I wouldn't of push it to everyone, I would bring it back for Fire and Police for future hirings (which we all know will happen) they should live in Everett and carry guns with them at all times.

I vented I feel better now. Time to go patrol the city.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2011 :  1:44:14 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What are the crypt's that have moved into Everett? Are they a gang?
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2011 :  2:00:51 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote

These crips are living all over the city. They are new, and it's like an invasion. They are also trying to recruit school children into their "Crip"

I know of one house and I live six houses away..... and we cant even keep our windows open because they are so loud at night. Even with them closed you can hear them, it's terrible. It does not take a detective to see where they are, and what they are doing. It's another big problem that the city has, and it's mainly because they will NOT crack down on these rooming and halfway houses. People like Carlo want to live up in their Taj Mahal way in the back and live in a fantasy world and think everything is wonderful. Time to get back to reality!
Go to Top of Page

socks

39 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2011 :  8:51:26 PM  Show Profile Send socks a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do you or your neighbors contact the police when the crips are noisy? This is the first that I have heard of them being in Everett. It is simply becoming too scary to live here. Unfortunately, most of us can't sell our homes because the money we owe on our mortgage is higher than what we could sell the house for.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2011 :  07:00:27 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've contacted the police, they came out and it quieted down. 30 minutes later, they were back at it with a spot light on in the yard at 1:30 in the morning. I called the police again, and was told they were too busy to come out for noise calls. My neighbors that live even closer, are too terrified. Ask anyone about these Crips. They are also at Walgreens and were harassing teenagers after school saying "Cum ear" "Cum Ear" I had to leave work and go pick them up. What really disturbs me is the police station is right there, but they don't "SEE" anything.
Go to Top of Page

socks

39 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2011 :  07:17:17 AM  Show Profile Send socks a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is really sad. No one should be terrified to call the police. It is also outrageous to be told that the police were too busy to come out for noise calls. I would make it a point to let the Police Chief and the Mayor know what is happening. If nothing was done, I'd take it to the Boston newspapers.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2011 :  1:19:00 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You want to know what is REALLY sad too.....

My neighbor is in her 80s and her husband past away a few years ago so she is alone. Last summer she was hiding in the bathroom, crying, calling the police at 1am also. She lives directly across the street from them and is terrified. Her and I got together and reached out to the ward 6 Alderman, since these are absentee landlords and rooming/halfway houses causing all this trouble. His response was he was sorry, but a similar piece was already on the agenda and got killed because it was only on to hurt Stat Smith. This has nothing to do with Stat Smith (and I think Stat would agree) but I'm telling you this so you realize the mindset of what we are dealing with.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

12 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2011 :  2:40:08 PM  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
72 Prescott is transitional house that houses criminals who think they are ready to go back to society. Truth is no money to keep in jail. Friday someone trying to break in doors on Prescott St. and police caught him on Pearl St. after he hopped fences. They wear ID bracelets and city makes deals with the state and gets money. That's why nothing will ever be done.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2011 :  2:58:06 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It used to be that we all knew who our neighbors were, not anymore. It's pretty sad when you can't even feel safe in our own homes. I make sure my doors and windows are always locked. Of course, if someone wants to break in, they will not matter what we do. I believe we need more police presence in our neighborhoods. The demographics of Everett has changed and our policing needs to change with it. Everett has become much more violent over the past few years.

I also think it's a great idea for our public employees to live in the city. Mike Marchese has been trying to get this passed for quite awhile. Let's see what happens with it this time.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2011 :  4:37:10 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Absolutely, we need more police presence in the neighborhoods. They used to walk the beat all the time, but not anymore. I also do not believe in teaming up with these other cities is going to help with this type of violence that is perpetrating to extreme levels lately. I think it's going to end up being more costly in the long run, but I'd like to hear more on it. Teaming up with these other cities may help with big drug busts, or weapons busts but not the Joe Schmo walking down the streets that like to rob the elderly or home invasions. There has been an increase in home invasions too that is not being addressed. The only officer I give credit to is Larry Jedry. He really does help but one officer cant take on the whole city. There needs to be a plan....like presence in neighborhoods will be a start and the police must live in Everett. They don't care because they don't live here and that's when it started going downhill!
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2011 :  8:23:11 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF ALDERMEN, MONDAY, APRIL 11, 2011, 7:00 PM, PETER J. MCCARREN MEMORIAL CHAMBERS, EVERETT, MA

PUBLIC HEARINGS

1. A0069-11
To all persons interested in the Petition for an Auto Repair-Mechanical License for Jean M. Baguidy D/B/A PK Auto Repair at 365 Third Street.

2. A0070-11
To all parties interested in the Petition for TCG New Jersey, Inc. A/K/A AT&T, 157 Green Street, Suite 2 Foxboro, MA., 02035, for the installation of one (1) 4" PVC telecom conduit on Santilli Highway, Everett, MA.

COMMUNICATIONS FROM HIS HONOR THE MAYOR

3. A0073-11 Order/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese, as President
To accept the donation of $200.00 to the City of Everett's Beautification Project from Minichello Brothers, Inc.

PAPERS FROM THE COMMON COUNCIL

4. C0059-11 Order/s/Councilor Sergio Cornelio, as President
To accept a donation of $100.00 from Joseph Santagate, in memory of his Wife Paulette and his Brother Steve, to the City of Everett's Department of Veteran Services Gift Account. (Passed sent up for concurrence and letter of thanks be sent.)

PETITIONS AND LICENSES

5. A0066-11
Petition from Joseph Montesano for new awning at Buckman Street Market, 63 Buckman Street.

6. A0067-11
Petition from Alan G. Guealy for Open Air Parking License for A.G. Quealy Towing Inc. at 26 Garvey Street.

7. A0068-11
Petition from Alan G. Quealy for Open Air Parking License for A. G. Quealy Towing Inc. at 52-54 Robin Street.

8. A0071-11
Petition for Junk Dealer License from Prolerized New England D/B/A Schnitzer NE Steel Industries at 69 Rover Street.

9. A0072-11
Petition for Junk Dealer License from Prolerized NE D/B/A Second Street Iron & Metal Co. Inc. at 285 Second Street.

COMMITTEE REPORTS

10. A0064-11
Committee on Licenses Report on Petition from Cassaro Motors at 1847 Revere Beach Parkway, with one repair stall and fifteen vehicles for sale, for a 2nd Class Motor Dealer License.

UNFINISHED BUSINESS

11. A0053-11 Order/s/Alderman L. Charles DiPerri
By The Board of Aldermen of the City of Everett, to amend the Board of Aldermen Rules, Rule 74, relative to Signs, Awnings, Banners and Canopy Petitions.

12. A0058-11 Resolution/s/Alderman Robert J. Van Campen
That the mayor, City Auditor and Budget Director appear at this meeting of the Board of Aldermen to provide the citizens of Everett with an overview as to the status of the City's projected FY12 operating budget.

13. A0059-11 Resolution/s/Alderman Robert J. Van Campen
That the Mayor and City Treasurer appear at this meeting of the Board of Aldermen to provide the amount of all code enforcement fines issued during FY11, as well as the amounts actually collected on said fines.

14. A0060-11 Resolution/s/Alderman Robert J. Van Campen
That the Mayor and City Treasurer appear at this meeting of the Board of Aldermen to provide the amount of all back taxes which have been collected during FY11, and to explain how those monies are factored into the City's currently and future operating budget(s) and tax levy.

NEW BUSINESS

15. A0065-11 Resolution/s/Alderman Robert J. Van Campen
That the Mayor and the Director of Community Development appear at this meeting of the Board of Aldermen to provide an update as to the City's efforts to revitalize Everett Square in terms of enhanced lighting, aesthetic improvements and expanded parking opportunities.

Adjournment

Respectfully submitted:
C. McCorry,
Adm. Assist. /Ofc. Mgr. Everett City Council Office

council@ci.everett.ma.us

Reminders:
4/11 6:30PM License Committee Meeting
4/12 6:00PM Rules & Ordinances Committee Meeting
4/14 6:00PM Bills & Accounts Committee Meeting
4/14 6:00PM Public Service Committee Meeting
4/19 7:00PM Common Council Meeting (Tuesday)
4/25 7:00PM Next Board of Aldermen Meeting

Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2011 :  9:02:23 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's quite a difference on what was said on the collection of code enforcement fines since the mid-term speech.

I wanted to make sure, so I fast forward the video of the mid-term speech on evctonline to that part.... and at that speech..... the mayor specifically stated that.... "The Task Force has shut down 100 illegal rooming houses and code enforcement has collected over 900 thousand dollars in fines, this year alone."

No where near the numbers that were given tonight.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2