Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community
 Announcements
 2011 Board of Aldermen
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

cathyk

97 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2011 :  10:52:39 AM  Show Profile Send cathyk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
AGENDA AGENDA AGENDA AGENDA AGENDA AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF ALDERMEN, MONDAY, JULY 25,
2011, 7:00 PM, PETER J. MCCARREN MEMORIAL CHAMBERS, EVERETT, MA

COMMUNICATIONS FROM HIS HONOR THE MAYOR
1. A0135-11 Order/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese, as President
That the Chief Procurement Officer is hereby granted permission to accept and dispose
of the following item in a sale: 1985 International Model 1750 Truck,
VIN#2HTNDHXN6FCB12383, Estimated Value: $18,000.00.

2. A0137-11 Order/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese, as President
To accept the donation of $50.00 from Mr. John Ricci to the Department of Veteran's
Services Gift Account.

PAPERS FROM THE COMMON COUNCIL
3. C0124-11 Order/s/Councilor Sergio Cornelio, as President
To accept a donation of $212.48 from an anonymous donor to the City of Everett's
Office of Human Services Emergency Programs Account. (Passed sent up for
concurrence)

4. C0129-11 Order/s/Councilor Sergio Cornelio, as President
To petition the Great and General Court of the State Legislature, to allow the City of
Everett to establish by ordinance, a department of financial services. Any such by-law
shall provide that the department shall be responsible to the Mayor of the City of Everett.
[Passed sent up for concurrence (reconsideration failed)]

5. A0035-11 Ordinance/s/Alderman Robert Van Campen and Councilor
Daniel Napolitano
To amend Chapter 18, Section 144 by adding section "(c) Vehicles to be Cleaned Within
Forty-Eight Hours of the End of a Declared Snow Emergency. The owner of any vehicle
parked along a public way within the City of Everett shall, within a forty-eight hours
following the termination of a declared snow emergency, clean said vehicle of all snow."
(Enrolled in concurrence, sent up for ordainment)

PETITIONS AND LICENSES
6. A0127-11
Petition for Mechanical Repair / Body Shop License 2010 and 2011 from Khaled Khodr

D/B/A AUTO TECH PRO, INC. at 146 Main Street.
7. A0128-11
Petition for 2nd Class Motor Dealer License from Philip Genualdo D/B/A WOODLAWN
AUTO SALES, at 3 Woodlawn Ave.

8. A0129-11
Petition for 2011 Junk Dealer's License from AMERICAN SCRAP METAL, INC. at 357
Third Street, for the purchase and sale of scrap metal.

9. A0138-11
9. A0138-11
Petition for Awning Permit from Jenedy Signs for an awning at 291 Main Street for
SCULOS & SANTILLI INSURANCE.
COMMITTEE REPORTS

10. A0101-11 Committee on Printing Report
On Order offered by Alderman Michael K. Marchese, as Aldermanic President and
Councilor Sergio Cornelio, as Common Council President - That in accordance with the
provisions of Massachusetts General Law, Chapter 43B, the city council shall cause the
final report of the Everett Charter Commission to be printed and a copy be distributed to
each residence of one or more registered voters. Such distribution shall occur not later
than two weeks before the November 8, 2011 municipal election at which the question
of adopting the charter is to be submitted to the voters. Additional copies of the final
report shall be filed with the city clerk for distribution to registered voters requesting the
same and one such copy shall be posted in his office; with a recommendation to award
State-Line Graphics of Everett the contract to commence the printing of 20,000 copies of
the Final Report of the Everett Charter Commission at a cost of $18,250.00.

NEW BUSINESS
11. A0130-11 Resolution/s/Aldermen Robert J. Van Campen, Michael K.
Marchese and L. Charles DiPerri
That the DeMaria Administration utilize monies from the FY12 capital improvement line
item to install video surveillance in all city parks as a way to curb the commission of
potential crimes at these locations.

12. A0126-11 Order/s/Alderman L. Charles DiPerri
In accordance with the provisions of Chapter 17, Section 17.1 (b) of the Revised
Ordinances of the City of Everett, “Names & destinations; erection of signposts”, to
dedicate a square in honor of John A. Mavilio, Sr. US Army Veteran, at the corner of
Hawthorn and Main Streets Mr. Mavilio was a 43 year US Government employee and a
WWII Army Veteran who participated in the D Day Invasion of Normandy, the Battle of
the Bulge and the Battle of the Rhine.

13. A0131-11 Order/s/Aldermen Robert J. Van Campen, Michael K.
Marchese, Joseph McGonagle, Sal Sachetta and L. Charles DiPerri,
Councilors Peter Napolitano, Rosemary Miller and Catherine Tomassi
Hicks
In order to address the impacts of residential overcrowding and its impact on already
strained city services, including school-related services, that the City of Everett enact a
moratorium on the issuance of permits for any new residential development in the City
for a period of one year.

14. A0132-11 Order/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese
To prohibit all non-profit, tax exempt organizations from coming into the City of Everett
and purchasing property without first coming to the Board of Aldermen for approval; and
that a moratorium preventing same be put into effect for a one-year period.

15. A0133-11 Resolution/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese
That the City of Everett endorse the enhanced bottle bill law, and refer to
Representative Smith and Senator DiDomenico.

16. A0134-11 Ordinance/s/Alderman Michael Marchese
To amend the zoning ordinances by establishing business enrichment zones to provide
relief for small businesses/property owners.

17. A0136-11 Resolution/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese
That all wheelchairs and electric scooters have a three foot flag somewhere on the
scooter or wheelchair to prevent accidents at crosswalks where they cannot be seen by
oncoming vehicles while heading out into the street.

Adjournment
Respectfully submitted:
Caroline McCorry
Administrative Assistant / Office Manager
Everett City Council Office
council@ci.everett.ma.us
Reminder:
8-15 7PM Common Council Meeting
8-16 6PM Committee on Bills & Accounts Meeting
Tentative 8-16 6PM Committee on Public Service (Woodwaste Only)
8-22 7PM Board of Aldermen Meeting
You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2011 :  11:08:05 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
4. C0129-11 Order/s/Councilor Sergio Cornelio, as President
To petition the Great and General Court of the State Legislature, to allow the City of
Everett to establish by ordinance, a department of financial services. Any such by-law
shall provide that the department shall be responsible to the Mayor of the City of Everett.
[Passed sent up for concurrence (reconsideration failed)

This tells me that the current financial people we have now, like the budget director, treasurer, procurement officer (all the financial positions) are unqualified for their jobs. If the mayor wants a CFO, then what about all the other current positions? Who's getting cut...if no one does..... will there be duplicate responsibilities? I think these questions should have been answered in some type of committee before sending this to the state legislature. The way it's being sent now, is like another blank check.

"Power tends to c
orrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely."
- Lord Acton
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2011 :  7:45:06 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
#4 failed at the BOA meeting.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2011 :  10:59:47 AM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm actually disappointed that #4 failed; it should have been sent to committee so that it could have been reviewed in detail. Wonder if the Common Council regrets it's decision from last week now?

I not disappointed though that reconsideration on the piece failed. You'd think that after the events of last week, the Mayor would have been there from the start to help shepard the piece through to a resolution more acceptable to him.
Go to Top of Page

OuttaHere

58 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2011 :  11:04:24 AM  Show Profile Send OuttaHere a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cahhhmahnnnn!? Jill incompetent!?......... Please! she was able to be that mush mouths legal secretary no?,...then Teebow made Mr Creosote (look it up) hire her at the Sleep Clinic (city hall)!
Who'd purchase all the BubbleYum for her and Colleen if she we 86'd?? :0

Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2011 :  11:53:28 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
While I'm glad item 4 failed, I would not have minded if it went into committee. Those 5 common council members that refused to put it in committee did nothing but play games..... and it backfired on them. Not too bright, and I think it's time for those 5 to take a hike. They don't belong in city government with their game playing. It's not the place for it.
Go to Top of Page

snoopy1

64 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2011 :  11:40:25 AM  Show Profile Send snoopy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tails

While I'm glad item 4 failed, I would not have minded if it went into committee. Those 5 common council members that refused to put it in committee did nothing but play games..... and it backfired on them. Not too bright, and I think it's time for those 5 to take a hike. They don't belong in city government with their game playing. It's not the place for it.

Who are the 5? You cant watch on ectv the video is not available but the aldermans a week later is.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2011 :  12:10:51 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ha ha ha HA! I've gone around and around with ECTV about "certain" video that for some unforeseen reason are damaged or unavailable to upload. I'm not buying it, and I think little Miss Schiz (who thinks she's mayor) is behind it all. She doesn't get it, and could not be more obvious. I know Rosa DiFlorio lead the pack not sending it to committee because of her own reasons, and of course Cindy Sarnie does what ever she does, and the President followed along which was disappointing to me because I started to think he wasn't doing that bad. Rosa was getting very upset about sending it to committee and I'm not sure why. This was not something to get upset about. People had questions and wanted those questions answered. Sending that to committee would have been the obvious thing to do. Actually, it should have started there. NOT sending it, made no sense.

Sorry, cant remember the others. I'm "guessing" Rodriguez and maybe Adam Ragucci. I have a MAJOR problem with Rodriguez voting on these items anyway that his WIFE drafts. BIG TIME ethical issue. I've never seen him ONCE question what is out there, or vote against it.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2011 :  2:46:08 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, the original motion to send the piece to committee failed 5 to 9 according to last week's Advocate. So there were nine of them who voted against it.

I can't remember exactly who voted for and against it either. But I think that the names that Tails listed above are probably right. I believe that it would be a safe bet to add Marcus and Ranieri to that list as well. One name that I'd usually expect to vote with the Mayor, D.J. Napolitano, was listed in the Advocate as being the only other councilor along with Peter Napolitano who voted against sending the piece to the Legislature. So I'm not sure that adding him to the list of those who voted against sending the piece to committee would make any sense without some further proof.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

136 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2011 :  4:59:29 PM  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since we switched to the the dish we sometimes watch the online video. The July 18 council video is still not online to watch. The chief financial position sounds like just another high salary job added to the budget.
Go to Top of Page

Linda M

43 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2011 :  5:33:27 PM  Show Profile Send Linda M a Private Message  Reply with Quote
REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF ALDERMEN, MONDAY, AUGUST 22,
2011, 7:00 PM, PETER J. MCCARREN MEMORIAL CHAMBERS, EVERETT, MA

PUBLIC HEARING
1. A0139-11
To all persons interested in the petition for an Auto Repair-Mechanical License for
Amauri Da Cruz D/B/A Auto Performance Inc., 1795 Revere Beach Parkway.

2. A0140-11 Order/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese, as President
To accept a donation totaling $250.00 from Mr. Joseph King to the Department of
Veteran's Services Gift Account.

3. C0135-11 Order/s/Councilor Sergio Cornelio, as President
That the following revolving account be authorized in accordance with Massachusetts
General Laws, Chapter 44, Section 53E 1/2, in the amount not to exceed those set forth
below; this account may be collected and expended by the designated City Official(s) for
the specified purposes during Fiscal Year 2012:

EXPENDITURE PURPOSE:
Upkeep of the Health Department vaccine stockpile as requested by the State
Department of Health.

RECEIPTS:
Masspro and Commonwealth care reimbursement for vaccine distribution
RESPONSIBLE CITY OFFICIALS:

Board of Health Director
FY LIMIT:
$10,000.00 (Passed sent up for concurrence)

4. C0138-11 Order/s/Councilor Sergio Cornelio, as President
To accept a donation of $300.00 from Eagle Bank to the City of Everett's Office of Human Services Adult Learning Center Account. (Passed sent up for concurrence and letter of thanks be sent)

5. C0139-11 Order/s/Councilor Sergio Cornelio, as President
To accept a donation totaling $65.00 from Mr. & Mrs. Peter Napolitano, in memory of Philip Napolitano, to the Department of Veteran's Services Gift Account. (Passed sent up for concurrence and letter of thanks be sent)

6. C0140-11 Order/s/Councilor Sergio Cornelio, as President
To accept the donations of $37,500.00 from Columbia Pictures, Inc. into the Everett Park Revolving Account. (Passed sent up for concurrence and letter of thanks be sent).

7. C0141-11 Order/s/Councilor Sergio Cornelio, as President
That the following revolving account be authorized in accordance with Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 44, Section 53E 1/2, in the amount not to exceed those set forth below; this account may be collected and expended by the designated City Official(s) for
the purposes specified during Fiscal Year 2012:

Expenditure Purpose: Funding for the 9/11 Memorial
Receipts: Contributions/donations for 9/11 Memorial
Responsible City Officials: Mayor

FY12 Limit: 150,000.00. (Passed sent up for concurrence)

COMMUNICATIONS
8. A0126-11 Order/s/Aldermen L. Charles DiPerri and Joseph McGonagle
With favorable recommendation from the Veterans Services Director for 2012, that in accordance with the provisions of Chapter 17, Section 17.1 (b) of the Revised Ordinances of the City of Everett, “Names & destinations; erection of signposts”, to dedicate a square in honor of John A. Mavilio, Sr. US Army Veteran, at the corner of
Hawthorn and Main Streets Mr. Mavilio was a 43 year US Government employee and a WWII Army Veteran who participated in the D Day Invasion of Normandy, the Battle of the Bulge and the Battle of the Rhine.

9. A0136-11
Response from Disability Commission on Resolution offered by Alderman Michael K. Marchese - That all wheelchairs and electric scooters have a three foot flag somewhere on the scooter or wheelchair to prevent accidents at crosswalks where they cannot be seen by oncoming vehicles while heading out into the street.

UNFINISHED BUSINESS
10. A0133-11 Resolution/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese
That the City of Everett endorse the enhanced bottle bill law, and refer to Representative Smith and Senator DiDominico.

11. A0134-11 Ordinance/s/Alderman Michael Marchese
To amend the zoning ordinances by establishing business enrichment zones to provide relief for small businesses/property owners.

NEW BUSINESS
12. A0141-11 Resolution/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese
That the Mayor/Mayor's Office monitor what goes out on the Reverse 911, to see that it is used for what it is intended for, emergencies only.

13. A0142-11 Resolution/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese
That the Board of Aldermen obtain copy of bids for new stadium bleachers.

14. A0143-11 Resolution/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese
That the Mrs. Colleen Mejia, City Solicitor, appear this meeting to discuss process and laws governing Board of Appeals.

15. A0144-11 Resolution/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese
That the Board of Aldermen get an update on the Pavement Management Contract.

16. A0145-11

BOA Worksheet Monday, August 22, 2011
1.Sponsor: Alderman L. Charles DiPerri-That the Traffic Commission prohibits parking on the west side of Bennett Street from Ferry Street for a distance of one hundred and twenty five feet (125’) in a southwesterly direction. The purpose for this restriction is to allow a free flow of traffic in both directions on Bennett Street. Presently with vehicles parking on both sides of Bennett Street, traffic up and down the hill impedes the free flow of traffic.

Referred to: Traffic Commission

Adjournment
Respectfully submitted: C. McCorry, Everett City Council Office council@ci.everett.ma.us
Go to Top of Page

charm

264 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2011 :  4:58:54 PM  Show Profile Send charm a Private Message  Reply with Quote

REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF ALDERMEN, MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 12,

2011, 7:00 PM, PETER J. MCCARREN MEMORIAL CHAMBERS, EVERETT, MA 02149

PUBLIC HEARINGS

1. A0149-11

To all persons interested in the Petition for an Auto Repair-Mechanical License for

Pedro Maldonado D/B/A Pride Auto Repair at 143 Bow Street.

2. A0150-11 Order/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese, as President

To accept donations totaling $12,000.00 to the 9/11 Memorial Fund Account, to

construct the 9/11 Memorial project in Everett Square, from the following:

FirstSouthwest $2,000.00, and

D & R General Contracting, Inc. $10,000.00.

3. A0151-11 Order/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese, as President

Subject to confirmation by the Honorable Board of Aldermen, and in conformance with

Section 2-192 of the Revised Ordinances of the City of Everett, I hereby appoint Nancy

Koury to the Planning Board for a term to end March 2012.

4. A0152-11 Order/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese, as President

To transfer $300,000.00 from the Stabilization Account into the Engineering Services -

Streets & Roads Account. This is for the design of Beacham Street.

5. C0147-11 Resolution/s/Councilor Sergio Cornelio, as President

That the City Council join the Mayor in petitioning the Massachusetts Department of

Transportation in strong opposition to the City of Boston's Bill to ban the use of its

streets to transport hazardous waste materials. This has the potential to cause more

trucks carrying hazardous materials to be driven through Everett. (Communication

accepted, passed sent up for concurrence)

6. C0150-11 Order/s/Councilor Sergio Cornelio, as President

To accept the donations totaling $50,500.00 from the following:

Everett Cooperative Bank $20,000.00, Malden Transportation, Inc. $10,000.00, Capitol

Waste Services, Inc. $10,000.00, J.F. Ward, Inc. $5,000.00, Schnitzer Steel Industries

$5,000.00, Dolores & Alfred Lattanzi $500.00. This will be deposited into the 9/11

Memorial Fund Account. These donations will be used by the City to design and

construct the 9/11 Memorial project in Everett Square. (Passed sent up for concurrence

and letter of thanks be sent)

7. C0148-11 Resolution/s/Councilor Jason Marcus

That the City of Everett supports the Casino Gambling Bill that is presently before the

Legislature.(Passed sent up for concurrence to send to the State Legislature.)

COMMITTEE REPORTS

8. A0130-11

Committee on Public Safety Report on Resolution offered by Aldermen Robert Van

Campen, Michael Marchese, L. Charles DiPerri and Michael Mangan-That the DeMaria

Administration utilize monies from the FY12 capital improvement line item to install video

surveillance in all city parks as a way to curb the commission of potential crimes at these

locations.

UNFINISHED BUSINESS

9. A0122-11 Resolution/s/Alderman Sal Sachetta

That Marzie Galazka, Director of Community Development, appear before the Board of

Aldermen with a response on the possibilities of getting grants for having Solar Energy

Panels installed on the roofs of some of the buildings owned by the City to save money

for the taxpayers.

NEW BUSINESS

10. A0146-11 Ordinance/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese

To revoke Ordinance Number A0150-09, an Ordinance authorizing a "fully empowered

Traffic Commission".

11. A0147-11 Ordinance/s/Aldermen Robert J. Van Campen, Michael K.

Marchese, L. Charles DiPerri, and Councilor Rosa DiFlorio

That there be enacted a residency ordinance applicable to all public safety employees

hired by the City of Everett on or after January 1, 2012.

12. A0148-11 Resolution/s/Alderman Robert J. Van Campen

That Senator Sal DiDomenico and Representative Stephen Smith provide un update, in

writing, to the Board of Aldermen relative to their inquiries as to the feasibility of a

temporary toll discount for Everett residents who choose to utilize the Tobin Bridge in

order to avoid heavy construction and traffic on Lower Broadway.

13. A0153-11

BOA Worksheet Monday, September 12, 2011

1.Sponsor: Madam Alderman Millie J. Cardello and Aldermen Sal Sachetta and Michael

Marchese-That the Traffic Commission consider having Victoria Street 24 / 7 parking for

Residents Only.

Referred to: Traffic Commission

Adjournment

Respectfully submitted:

Caroline McCorry

Administrative Assistant / Office Manager
Everett City Council Office

council@ci.everett.ma.us

Reminders:

9/14 6PM Finance Committee Meeting

9/14 6PM Bills & Accounts Committee Meeting

9/19 7PM Common Council Meeting

9/20 6PM Public Service Committee Meeting

9/26 6PM License Committee Meeting

9/26 7PM Board of Aldermen Meeting

Go to Top of Page

charm

264 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2011 :  5:01:36 PM  Show Profile Send charm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just do all the streets 24/7. They are asking way to much for this. Like Sgt Bova said, you do one and then more to follow. Grow some nose hairs and do the whole city once and that will be the end of it. Start it next year and be rid of it.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2011 :  10:17:29 AM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
2. + 6.
I've stated before that there is not much that the City Council can do to prevent the fountain from being built if that was their desire. I've re-thought that and there is one thing that they could possibly do. They could vote not to accept the donations, no matter what account they are submitted to. I seriously doubt that would ever happen though.

What does anyone know about this appointment? Does it "ensure" that the Waters Ave Project receives approval of the planning board? Don't the members of the Planning Board have to be confirmed by the Common Council as well?

Huh? Wasn't there already $200K appropriated for the design of Beacham Street as a part of the sewer line replacement project? Is this more money for that project (If not, whatever happened to it? I thought that it was something that needed to be done ASAP.) or finally redoing the entire road (If so, where's that money coming from?) Depending on the answers to the previous questions, I guess the Stabilization Account could be an appropriate source for the funding. I'd be more comfortable with choosing a funding source if the status of this year's free cash was known first though.

10. + 13.
I believe that it would be a step backwards to "de-empower" the traffic commission. However, I do believe that steps need to be taken to open up the process though. Their agendas and meeting reports need to be published on a timely and changes implemented by the commission need to communicated much better to the general public. Perhaps their meetings should be televised too.

Piecemeal implementation of a 24/7 parking ban doesn't really seem to make sense though; it would seem to just move the problems from one street to another and making it really confusing for people to know where and where not they can park. Of course, the flip side is that a 24/7 parking ban would mean increased staffing in the parking office unless the intention is to have the police do the addition enforcement; I think that we all know that would not work out in the long run. I feel that even the piecemeal approach, if extended to enough neighborhoods, would also require additional staffing somewhere down the line too.

Does anyone believe that this piece really has a chance of being passed this time?
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2011 :  11:37:58 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tetris

2. + 6.
I've stated before that there is not much that the City Council can do to prevent the fountain from being built if that was their desire. I've re-thought that and there is one thing that they could possibly do. They could vote not to accept the donations, no matter what account they are submitted to. I seriously doubt that would ever happen though.

What does anyone know about this appointment? Does it "ensure" that the Waters Ave Project receives approval of the planning board? Don't the members of the Planning Board have to be confirmed by the Common Council as well?

Huh? Wasn't there already $200K appropriated for the design of Beacham Street as a part of the sewer line replacement project? Is this more money for that project (If not, whatever happened to it? I thought that it was something that needed to be done ASAP.) or finally redoing the entire road (If so, where's that money coming from?) Depending on the answers to the previous questions, I guess the Stabilization Account could be an appropriate source for the funding. I'd be more comfortable with choosing a funding source if the status of this year's free cash was known first though.

10. + 13.
I believe that it would be a step backwards to "de-empower" the traffic commission. However, I do believe that steps need to be taken to open up the process though. Their agendas and meeting reports need to be published on a timely and changes implemented by the commission need to communicated much better to the general public. Perhaps their meetings should be televised too.

Piecemeal implementation of a 24/7 parking ban doesn't really seem to make sense though; it would seem to just move the problems from one street to another and making it really confusing for people to know where and where not they can park. Of course, the flip side is that a 24/7 parking ban would mean increased staffing in the parking office unless the intention is to have the police do the addition enforcement; I think that we all know that would not work out in the long run. I feel that even the piecemeal approach, if extended to enough neighborhoods, would also require additional staffing somewhere down the line too.

Does anyone believe that this piece really has a chance of being passed this time?

I agree about the fountain. It's going up, and that's it. I suppose technically the donations can get denied but as you stated, that will never happen. The BOA should accept this and move on without discussion. We had enough grandstanding, cross-debates, accusations and last but certainly NOT least....BOASTING over this memorial fountain. I for one have had enough.

I don't recall planning board members being appointed by both councils, but sometimes the rules apply, and sometimes they don't. I knew there was a problem with the Water's Ave Project so I'm sure the new appointee is the correction to get that moving forward.

I was against item 11 before, but changed my mind on that. I think public safety employees should work in the city they live, and I also think it should be for teachers too. Not sure how the residency requirement should be worded, but as long as the Everett resident has the qualifications, they should be hired first.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2