Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community
 Announcements
 2011 Board of Aldermen
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2011 :  7:35:52 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was wondering about that too Massdee. She did say "before Larry left".
Go to Top of Page

socks

39 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2011 :  06:47:08 AM  Show Profile Send socks a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You must be logged in to see this link.

This is the posting for the Auditor's position.
Go to Top of Page

waterboy

101 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2011 :  06:53:34 AM  Show Profile Send waterboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
NOT ONLY IS LARRY GONE FROM THE CITY THE MAYOR THE MAYOR THE MAYOR GOT RID OF NANCY V WHO DID THE INSURANCE FOR THE CITY EMPLOYEES, WHO WAS A WONDERFUL PERSON WHO DIDN'T WANT TO LEAVE WHO GAVE 100%, WHO COULD ANSWER AT THE TOP OF HER HEAD WITHOUT GOING INTO BOOKS, AND WHO WAS SUPPOSE TO LEARN HER JOB, ROBERT JOY AND WHO DIDN'T ROBERT JOY, SO THE MAYOR BROUGHT BACK NANCY FOR TWO DAY'S TO HELP SCREW YOU MR. MAYOR......................................................................

BUT WE ALL KNOW YOU MUST HIRE YOUR FRIENDS TO KEEP THEM HAPPY THEY ALL NEED MONEY

City Auditor
City of Everett
Appointed by and reports to the mayor, the Auditor is responsible for keeping the accounts of the city, maintaining the required financial records and the control of fund expenditures; responsible for the development of reports illustrating the city’s financial condition and oversight of the city's financial management system; provides financial analysis as requested, including cost benefit analysis for budget and contract proposals. The Auditor serves as: liaison with independent auditing firms conducting the annual audit; ex-officio member of the Everett Contributory Retirement System. Bachelor’s degree in accounting; minimum five years of job-related experience; or any equivalent combination of education and experience. A master’s degree in accounting is preferred. Certification with the Massachusetts Municipal Auditor and Accounting Association is preferred. Prior municipal experience with supervisory responsibilities is preferred. Salary will commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits. Please send cover letter and resume to Human Resources Department, City of Everett, 484 Broadway, Everett, MA 02149 or email hr@ci.everett.ma.usThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it Applications will be accepted until position is filled. The city of Everett is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (posted 4/20 exp. 5/20)
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2011 :  09:01:37 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by waterboy

NOT ONLY IS LARRY GONE FROM THE CITY THE MAYOR THE MAYOR THE MAYOR GOT RID OF NANCY V WHO DID THE INSURANCE FOR THE CITY EMPLOYEES, WHO WAS A WONDERFUL PERSON WHO DIDN'T WANT TO LEAVE WHO GAVE 100%, WHO COULD ANSWER AT THE TOP OF HER HEAD WITHOUT GOING INTO BOOKS, AND WHO WAS SUPPOSE TO LEARN HER JOB, ROBERT JOY AND WHO DIDN'T ROBERT JOY, SO THE MAYOR BROUGHT BACK NANCY FOR TWO DAY'S TO HELP SCREW YOU MR. MAYOR......................................................................

BUT WE ALL KNOW YOU MUST HIRE YOUR FRIENDS TO KEEP THEM HAPPY THEY ALL NEED MONEY

City Auditor
City of Everett
Appointed by and reports to the mayor, the Auditor is responsible for keeping the accounts of the city, maintaining the required financial records and the control of fund expenditures; responsible for the development of reports illustrating the city’s financial condition and oversight of the city's financial management system; provides financial analysis as requested, including cost benefit analysis for budget and contract proposals. The Auditor serves as: liaison with independent auditing firms conducting the annual audit; ex-officio member of the Everett Contributory Retirement System. Bachelor’s degree in accounting; minimum five years of job-related experience; or any equivalent combination of education and experience. A master’s degree in accounting is preferred. Certification with the Massachusetts Municipal Auditor and Accounting Association is preferred. Prior municipal experience with supervisory responsibilities is preferred. Salary will commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits. Please send cover letter and resume to Human Resources Department, City of Everett, 484 Broadway, Everett, MA 02149 or email hr@ci.everett.ma.usThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it Applications will be accepted until position is filled. The city of Everett is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (posted 4/20 exp. 5/20)

Nancy Vitukevich?....Why?
Go to Top of Page

waterboy

101 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2011 :  10:19:22 AM  Show Profile Send waterboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
YES NANCY VITUKEVICH, SHE DIDN'T WANT TO GO THE AHOLE MAYOR MADE HER GO,, SCREW YOU MISTER MAYOR I HOPE THE CITY SINKS IN HEALTH INSURANCE AND I HOPE THE GIC DOES NOT PASS

XXXXXXXXX
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2011 :  10:28:56 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by waterboy

YES NANCY VITUKEVICH, SHE DIDN'T WANT TO GO THE AHOLE MAYOR MADE HER GO,, SCREW YOU MISTER MAYOR I HOPE THE CITY SINKS IN HEALTH INSURANCE AND I HOPE THE GIC DOES NOT PASS

XXXXXXXXX

[quote][i]Originally posted by tails/i]
I’m sorry, but I had to delete part of your comment. Trust me, there are many things I'd love to say but lets take a breath...okay?
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2011 :  2:44:02 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did I hear Mike Mangan say something about how copies of the proposed charter has to be mailed out to residents and implying the charter commission is out of money? How on earth can they be out of money? There were rarely any announcements in papers and they certainly did not have to pay for use of the room.

The only thing I can think of is paying that consultant, which IMHO was the biggest waste of tax payer money. Newburyport caught on and let him go. I think the commission hired him to get out of doing their research.

The questions asked of him could have easily been found by going on the internet, to a library, a city or town hall, calling elected officials in other cities, etc. I know one of the biggest reasons for hiring a consultant was to write the charter. As for the writing part, I am NOT impressed. It is a cookie cutter of the Melrose charter. Anyone can cut, paste, and create a PDF. Even MGL is online. While I'm on charter.... I think the lack of public hearings was terrible, and the way the public hearings were run was just terrible and unorganized. The 1st and last public hearings are somewhat useless. The few they had, they gave people 5 minutes to discuss the entire charter?? I'll never understand why didn't they take the charter in sections, rather than rushing through the whole thing. I hope it fails, it's so compromised that it's not even funny.
Go to Top of Page

cathyk

97 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2011 :  3:45:31 PM  Show Profile Send cathyk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't worry Tails all of Carlo's people will be voting for this charter. I AM AGAINST IT

Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2011 :  7:47:00 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am in favor of the unicameral form of government but, because there is a four year term for mayor in there, I will be voting against the revised Charter. Most people I speak to on the four year term for mayor are against it. Imagine the amount of damage that could be done in four years if the mayor is totally incompetent. I prefer to be able to vote them out of office in two years. If the majority of the voters approve of the job being done, he will be re-elected, thus giving him his four years or more.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2011 :  1:48:10 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From MGL Chapter 43B, Section 11:

"The city council or board of selectmen shall cause the final report of a charter commission, or a charter amendment proposed in an order which has become effective under section ten, to be printed and a copy to be distributed to each residence of one or more registered voters. Such distribution shall occur not later than two weeks before the election at which the question of adopting, revising or amending the charter is to be submitted to the voters. Additional copies of such final report or proposed amendment shall be filed with the city or town clerk for distribution to registered voters requesting the same and one such copy shall be posted in his office."

I don't believe that any money was ever budgeted by the Charter Commission to do this mailing since it was never their responsibility. And since the expense will not occur until FY'12, there would be no need to budget for it and add it to the tax levy before then. I would expect to see a line item for it under the City Council when the FY'12 budget gets presented next week.

While I largely agree that the charter review process both here and elsewhere appears to be somewhat "cookie-cutter"-ish, I believe that it can be both a good thing and a bad thing. Is there really a need to reinvent the entire wheel? If there is something that works well somewhere else, why not use it as a basis for what you're trying to do? If the charter had actually been written by members of the commission, don't you believe that some version of the same approach would have been used? The downside to using this type of approach is that it probably tends to lead to somewhat of a "closed" process. With a limited number of consultants involved in charter writing and, likely, the same people at the state level reviewing the revised charters every time, it's probably hard to convince them that there might be a better way to do something than what they are used to seeing in every charter.

From what I've heard, there were only a couple members of the charter commisssion that expressed any interest in attempting to write any of the charter themselves. Most of the members went into this thinking that they would hire a consultant to write it for them. This was not a question that we as voters knew enough to ask before we elected the commission members but I still think that we need to assume some of the "blame" for, if that's what you perceive it to be, by electing who we did to the commission. That said, I don't believe the commission could have written a charter without any type of direction or legal help. The state wasn't likely going to hold their hand during the entire process. Given the way that the city solicitor's office has been staffed for the duration of the process, it would have stretched a limited resource even thinner. And no slight to Mrs. Meijia, but she probably doesn't have all the necessary knowledge readily at hand and it probably would have taken her longer to get to the commission answers than someone who deals with these issues all of the time; it also would have taken away time from other things that she needed to be doing. Given that they were going to hire a consultant and my belief that they needed some kind of help anyways, the $10K that they spent on the consultant doesn't bother me at all; you have to break some eggs to make an omelette. I will admit though, if you asked me the same question 18 month ago, you would have gotten a totally different answer.

As for the charter itself, I am happy with it as a whole although there are parts of that I believe could have been written more simply and clearly. There's a lot of good things in it, things that this city desparately needs to do and have available. But that said, I too am having a hard time with the four year term for mayor. I had no problem with exploring it but it is the one issue that I would have liked to have seen voted on separately. Instead, we're faced with an all up or all down vote. As a result, I'm stuck on the fence on this one and probably will remain there until I actually cast my ballot in November.
Go to Top of Page

whynot

47 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2011 :  3:58:01 PM  Show Profile Send whynot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
AGENDA AGENDA AGENDA AGENDA AGENDA AGENDA

REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF ALDERMEN, MONDAY, MAY 23,
2011, 7:00 PM, PETER J. MCCARREN MEMORIAL CHAMBERS, EVERETT, MA

COMMUNICATIONS FROM HIS HONOR THE MAYOR
1. A0109-11 Order/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese, as President
To accept the donation of $50.00 from Tigar Refrigeration Co., Inc. to the Everett Police
Department Donation Account.

2. A0110-11 Order/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese, as President
Authorizing the Board of Library Trustees to apply for any State Funds that might be
available to defray all or some of the cost of the design, construction and equipping of
the Shute Library project, and authorizing the Board of Library Trustees to accept and
expend such State funds when received without further appropriation.

3. A0111-11 Order/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese, as President
To approve the preliminary design for the renovation and expansion of the Shute
Memorial Library contingent on the receipt of a State grant.

PAPERS FROM THE COMMON COUNCIL
4. C0085-11 Order/s/Councilor Sergio Cornelio, as President
To accept the donation of $200.00 to the Department of Veteran Services - Gift Account
from Rosemary Hughes in memory of Richard Hughes. (Passed sent up for
concurrence)

5. C0086-11 Order/s/Councilor Sergio Cornelio, as President
To accept donations totaling $200.00 to the Office of Human Services - Emergency
Services Programs, as follows: $150.00 from Jack McGrath and $50.00 from Joseph
DeVito. (Passed sent up for concurrence)

6. C0089-11 Ordinance/s/Councilor Sergio Cornelio, as President
To amend the salaries (minimum and maximum) of the Administrative Officer Positions
in accordance with Chapter 7, Section 7-164 of the Revised Ordinances of the City of
Everett, effective July 1, 2011, as follows:
POSITION MINIMUN MAXIMUM
City Auditor $77,064 $88,432City Solicitor $72,357 $83,032
Treasurer $67,865 $77,967
Board of Assessors:
Chairman $21,300 $21,300
2nd Member $ 5,000 $ 5,000
3rd Member $ 5,000 $ 5,000
Board of Health:
Chairman $ 1,200 $ 1,200
2nd Member $ 1,000 $ 1,000
3rd Member $ 1,000 $ 1,000
Licensing Board:
Chairman $ 1,800 $ 1,800
2nd Member $ 1,200 $1,200
3rd Member $ 1,200 $1,200
Board of Public Works:
Chairman $ 1,800 $1,800
2nd Member $ 1,000 $1,000
3rd Member $ 1,000 $1,000
4th Member $ 1,000 $1,000
5th Member $ 1,000 $1,000
6th Member $ 1,000 $1,000
7th Member $ 1,000 $1,000

7. C0090-11 Order/s/Councilor Sergio Cornelio, as President
Authorizing the following revolving account in accordance with M.G.L., Chapter 44,
Section 53E 1/2, in the amounts not to exceed those set forth below; this account may
be collected and expended by the designated City Official(s), for the specified purposed
during Fiscal Year 2011: Expenditure purpose: Upkeep and updating of the Wireless
Fire Alarm System Receipts: Fees for those connected to the Fire Alarm System
Responsible City Officials: Fire Chief, FY11 Limit: $25,000. (Passed sent up for
concurrence)

8. C0087-11
Invitation from the Director of Veteran Services, Joseph Hickey, to the Memorial Day
Observance on Monday, May 30th at 10:00 a.m., in the Glenwood Cemetery. (Copy in
mailboxes)

9. C0083-11 Resolution/s/Councilor Lorrie Bruno
That the Traffic Commission consider making Webster Street a one-way going from
Linden Street to Broadway, in the interest of public safety and concerned residents.
(Passed sent up for concurrent action to send to the traffic commission).

10. A0301-10 Ordinance/s/Alderman Robert Van Campen, as Former
President 2010
To amend the Zoning Ordinances, a portion of Section 23, of the Revised Ordinances of
the City of Everett, "Plumbing Division Fee Schedule" by removing the current Plumbing
Division Fee Schedule and replacing it with new; with favorable recommendation from
the Joint Convention/Public Hearing. (Enrolled in concurrence, sent up for ordainment)

11. A0087-11 Ordinance/s/Alderman Sal Sachetta
To amend Chapter 2 of the Revised Ordinances of the City of Everett by adding Section
2-38, as follows: Section 2-38. Military compensation. (Enrolled in concurrence, sent up
for ordainment)

PETITIONS AND LICENSES
12. A0105-11
Petition for Junk Dealer's License from Paul P. Mattuchio at 366 2nd Street.

13. A0106-11
Petition for 2nd Class Motor Dealer License from Affordable Auto Sales & Repair at 83
Vine Street.

14. A0107-11
Petition for 2nd Class Motor Dealer License from Ciro's at 103-111 Broadway.

15. A0108-11
Petition for an amendment to its license from Wentworth Precious Metals, LLC, 0
Terminal Street/431 Second Street to extend the Junk, Recovery & Recycling Facility
License, and others, issued May 2, 2011 to the premises located at 413-421 Second
Street, the adjoining Real Estate, a copy of the plot plan is attached to this petition.

16. A0112-11
Petition to recover existing Awning structure sign for Beauty Creator’s Academy at 20
Chelsea Street.

UNFINISHED BUSINESS
17. A0100-11 Order/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese, as President
Authorizing the transfer of $10,000.00 from the Budget Dept. - Salary Account to the
Parking Clerk Department - Salary Account. This is due to the settlement between Local
888 of the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) and the City of Everett. The
duration of this contract with the Parking Enforcement Union is July 1, 2010 thru June
30, 2013. (Laid on table from 5/9 meeting to this meeting)

18. A0035-11 Ordinance/s/Alderman Robert Van Campen and Councilor
Daniel Napolitano
That the City of Everett enact an ordinance requiring vehicles which are parked in a
public way to be cleaned and moved within 48 hours from the end of a declared snow
emergency; with no recommendation from Committee on Rules & Ordinances. (Laid on
table from 5/9 meeting to this one)

19. A0054-11 Order/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese
To dedicate and name the corner of Chestnut Street and Foster Street the "Al Vega
Square" in honor one of the most famous and excellent musicians coming out of the City
of Everett.

NEW BUSINESS
20. A0104-11 Resolution/s/Alderman Robert J. Van Campen
That a representative of the Mayor's Office, and the Everett Cable Commission, appear
at the Board of Aldermen meeting to discuss cable rates in the City of Everett.
Adjournment

Respectfully submitted:
C. McCorry, Adm. Assist. / Ofc. Mgr.
Everett City Council Office
council@ci.everett.ma.us
Reminders:
FYI: 5/24 6PM OPEN COMMUNITY MEETING IN COUNCIL CHAMBERS-
PUBLIC ENCOURAGED TO ATTEND
5/31 6PM COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE ON 2012 BUDGET MEETING
6/6 7PM COMMON COUNCIL MEETING
6/7 6PM COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE ON 2012 BUDGET MEETING
6/9 6PM COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE ON 2012 BUDGET MEETING
6/13 6PM JOINT CONVENTION/PUBLIC HEARING ON PLANNING BOARD
RECOMMENDATIONS
6/13 7PM NEXT BOARD OF ALDERMEN MEETING
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2011 :  09:18:09 AM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm a bit surprised (but pleased) that the agenda got posted on the city web site as early as it did this week. My surprise is because the minutes for last Monday's CC meeting and the copy of the FY2012 budget that RVC requested at the joint convention still haven't been posted as far as I can tell.

2. The wording of this piece is somewhat confusing to me. Some grants, like the one with for the stadium, require some type of match from the city. Does the way that this is worded mean that there would be no need to come back to the city council to approve an additional appropriation if such a match is required? I hope that someone asks about that.

9. Something does need to be done about Webster Street and I guess it's either this or one-sided parking. I'm not sure what impact this will have on the City Hall Parking lot though. It's awful hard finding a parking space there sometimes and instead of being able to loop around again you'd have to go out on to Broadway and all the way around the block again. Maybe they could switch the entrance and the exit too. But, for some reason, that just doesn't seem natural to me; I think that your first inclination would be to turn into the first available opening.

15. Atty. Marchese back in front of the Board again. Wonder what will happen this time?

20. Glad to see this piece on the agenda. I'm surprised that this hasn't been more on a talking point on either of the boards lately since it was reported that Everett has the highest basic cable rates in the local area. Probably not anything that's going to come out of this that will change that since the city is in the middle of a 10 year contract with Comcast; but, it's probably a good time to start talking about what, if anything, can be done to get the city into a more favorable position when the time comes to negotiate a new cable contract.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2011 :  9:45:11 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Guess I must be going blind in my old age; there is a link to a copy of the FY12 budget right on the front page of the city web site.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2011 :  1:08:36 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF ALDERMEN, MONDAY, JUNE 13, 2011, 7:00 PM, PETER J. MCCARREN MEMORIAL CHAMBERS, EVERETT, MA

1. A0117-11 Order/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese, as President
Subject to confirmation by the Honorable Board of Aldermen, and in accordance with the Everett Revised Ordinances, Chapter 14, Section 14-11, I hereby re-appoint Bishop Robert G. Brown of the Zion Baptist Church to serve as Chaplain of the Everett Police Department. This is a one-year, unpaid appointment ending June 21, 2012.

2. A0120-11 Order/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese, as President
To transfer a total of $100,000.00, as follows: $38,000 from the E911 Salary Account, $17,000 from the E911 Overtime Account and $45,000 from the Building Department Salary Account into the Workers Comp Trust/Exs Insurance Account.. This is due to the increase in claims during our current fiscal year.

3. C0093-11 Order/s/Councilor Sergio Cornelio, as President
To transfer $33,000.00 from the following accounts in the City Services Department into the City Services Electricity account: as follows: Salaries $21,000.00 and Recyclables Disposal $12,000.00. This is due to an increase in the costs for the electricity supplied to our street lights/stop lights. (Passed sent up for concurrence.)

4. C0094-11 Order/s/Councilor Sergio Cornelio, as President
To transfer $47,000.00 from the City Services Salaries Account into the City Services Gas/Diesel/Oil Account. This is due to the increase in gasoline costs during this fiscal year.(Passed sent up for concurrence.)

5. C0095-11 Order/s/Councilor Sergio Cornelio, as President
To transfer $200,000.00 from the following accounts in the City Services Department into the City Services City Building Electricity & Gas Account: $190,000.00 Solid Waste Disposal, and $10,000.00 Recyclables Disposal. This is due to the cost of heating the old high school, which we believed would have been sold during FY 11. (Passed sent up for concurrence.)

6. C0096-11 Order/s/Councilor Sergio Cornelio, as President
To transfer $10.000.00 from the Parking Meter Receipts Account to the Parking Salary Account. This is due to the settlement between Local 888 of the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) and the City of Everett. The duration of this contract with the Parking Enforcement Union is July 1, 2010 thru June 30, 2013. (Passed sent up for concurrence)

7. C0097-11 Order/s/Councilor Sergio Cornelio, as President
To transfer $50,000.00 from the City Services Salaries Account into the City Services Vehicle Equipment Repairs Account. This is due to the increase in repairs needed for city vehicles, particularly police and fire. (Passed sent up for concurrence.)

8. C0101-11 Order/s/Councilor Sergio Cornelio, as President
To transfer $3,600.00 from Parking Meter Receipts to the Parking Meter Repairs and Maintenance Account. This is to rent an auger in order to install new meters in the Spring Street parking lot. (Passed sent up for concurrence.)

9. C0102-11 Order/s/Councilor Sergio Cornelio, as President
To transfer $2000.00 from E911 Salaries to the E911 Radio Maintenance Account. This is to cover the escalating costs of service to the E911 radio system. (Passed sent up for concurrence.)

10. C0103-11 Order/s/Councilor Sergio Cornelio, as President
To accept the donation of $25,000.00 from Distrigas of Massachusetts to the Mayor's Office of Community Development. This will be deposited into the Human Resources Summer Jobs Account. This donation will be used by the City to fund the Summer Job Program. (Passed sent up for concurrence.)

11. C0104-11 Order/s/Councilor Sergio Cornelio, as President
To accept the donation of $100.00 to the City of Everett's Beautification Project from Rita Hurley. (Passed sent up for concurrence.)

12. C0089-11 Ordinance/s/Councilor Sergio Cornelio, as President
To amend the salaries (minimum and maximum) of the Administrative Officer Positions in accordance with Chapter 7, Section 7-164 of the Revised Ordinances of the City of Everett, effective July 1, 2011. (Ordained sent up for ordainment.)

13. C0084-11 Order/s/Councilor Catherine Tomassi Hicks
With favorable recommendation from Mr. Joseph Hickey, Director of Veteran Services, for 2012-To dedicate a square in honor of Robert (Bob) Crowley, who was the Veteran’s Services Director for forty-five (45) years or so, he was awarded the Bronze Star for his service in WWII. It is believed that Bob was retired as a Colonel in the National Guard, and was also a past Chairman and Member of the Everett Contributory Retirement Board and a Member and Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Chelsea Soldiers’ Home. (Passed sent up for concurrence.)

14. C0109-11 Order/s/Councilor Sergio Cornelio, as President
2011 Re-Precincting Plan for the City of Everett including map, legal description and block listings is hereby accepted as submitted.

PETITIONS AND LICENSES
15. A0118-11 Order/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese, as President
Petition for Lodging House License from Caritas Communities Inc. / Bill Moore House at 76 Norwood Street. (Non-profit affordable housing).

16. A0119-11 Order/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese, as President
Petition for Lodging House License from Caritas Communities, Inc. / Hancock Hotel at 19 Hancock Street. (Non-profit, (manager) affordable housing).

COMMUNICATIONS

17. A0113-11
Request from San Vicente Auto Repair, LLC at 2081 Revere Beach Parkway, to change the business name to Andrade Auto Repair, LLC.

18. A0115-11 Order/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese, as President
Request received from Mr. James L. Massone, President of Malden Auto Body, Inc. At 87 Broadway, Rte 99, Everett, MA, to increase his daily hours of operation. Currently they are M-Saturday 8:30 am to 6:00 pm. He is asking permission to open M-Saturday from 7:30 am to 8:00 pm. Copies in mailboxes 6/7/11.

COMMITTEE REPORTS

19. JC007-11
Committee of the Whole on the Budget 2012 Report and Order for the Annual Appropriation Bill (Budget) for Fiscal Year 2012.

20. A0102-11
Committee on Licenses Report on Petition from Chris Murphy D/B/A "The Common Dog" at 56 Vine Street to change his awning color to all black.

21. A0103-11
Committee on Licenses Report on Petition for 2nd Class Motor Dealer License from Stadium Auto Sales at 35 Everett Ave, with six repair stalls located at 12 Vine Street, and ten vehicles for sale requested.

22. A0106-11
Committee on Licenses Report on Petition for 2nd Class Motor Dealer License from Affordable Auto Sales & Repair at 83 Vine Street.

23. A0112-11
Committee on Licenses Report on Petition to recover existing Awning structure sign for Beauty Creator's Academy at 20 Chelsea Street.

24. A0270-10
Joint Convention/Public Hearing Report On Ordinance offered by Alderman Robert Van Campen, as President
To amend Everett Zoning Ordinances by adding Section 28, "Stretch Energy Code" for the purpose of regulating the design and construction of buildings for the effective use of energy, pursuant to Appendix 120 AA of the Massachusetts Building Code, 780 CMR, the "Stretch Energy Code", including amendments or modifications thereto, a copy of which is on file with the City Clerk, or take any other action relative thereto. It is based on a model code adopted by many state and municipal governments in the United States for the establishment of minimum design and construction requirements for energy efficiency; with a favorable
recommendation from the Planning Board.

25. A0026-11
Joint Convention/Public Hearing Report on Ordinance from His Honor The Mayor
To amend Zoning Ordinances of the City of Everett by adding new Section 28 Stormwater Management and Land Disturbance Ordinance; with a favorable recommendation from the Planning Board.

26. A0027-11
Joint Convention/Public Hearing Report On Ordinance from His Honor The Mayor
To amend the Zoning Ordinances of the City of Everett by adding new Section 29 Governing Post-Construction Stormwater Managements of New Developments and Redevelopments; with a favorable recommendation from the Planning Board.

UNFINISHED BUSINESS
27. A0035-11 Ordinance/s/Alderman Robert Van Campen and Councilor Daniel Napolitano
That the City of Everett enact an ordinance requiring vehicles which are parked in a public way to be cleaned and moved within 48 hours from the end of a declared snow emergency; with no recommendation from Committee on Rules & Ordinances.

NEW BUSINESS
28. A0114-11 Order/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese, as President
That the Regular Board of Aldermen meetings for Monday, July 11, 2011 and Monday, August 8, 2011 are hereby suspended for the summer session 2011.

29. A0121-11
1. Sponsor: Alderman Michael Mangan-That the sidewalk on the corner of Reed Ave & Ferry Street, next to Nara’s Market is repaired. Referred to: Mayor, City Engineer and City Services Director.
2. Sponsor: Alderman Michael Mangan-That the stop signs on the corner of Mt. Washington & Alpine are fixed as some are faded, and also bent. Referred to: Mayor, City Services Director for Sign Shop.

Adjournment

Respectfully submitted:
Caroline McCorry
Adm. Assist. / Ofc. Mgr.
Everett City Council Office
council@ci.everett.ma.us

Reminders:

6/14 6pm Bills & Accts Committee Meeting
6/20 7pm Common Council
FYI 6/23 5pm-7pm Community Meeting in Council Chambers
6/27 7pm Board of Aldermen Meeting
Go to Top of Page

card

117 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2011 :  12:43:46 PM  Show Profile Send card a Private Message  Reply with Quote
AGENDA AGENDA AGENDA AGENDA AGENDA AGENDA

REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF ALDERMEN, MONDAY, JUNE 27,
2011, 7:00 PM, PETER J. MCCARREN MEMORIAL CHAMBERS, EVERETT, MA

PUBLIC HEARINGS
1. A0124-11
To all parties interested in the petition for an Auto Repair-Mechanical License for Rafael
Ardon and Edwin E. Navas D/B/A Hermanos Auto Repair, 88 E. Elm Street, Everett,
MA. You are welcomed to attend and speak in favor or against this petition at City Hall
Council Chambers, 484 Broadway, 3rd Floor, Everett, MA on Monday, June 27th, 2011,
7 p.m.

2. A0125-11 Order/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese, as President
To authorize Mayor to apply for and accept grants with and from the Commonwealth of
Massachusetts Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs for the Parkland
Acquisition and Renovation for Communities Program. Such funding will allow for the
preservation and improvement of open space and recreation space in Everett.
Specifically, the City of Everett will seek grant funds to support the rehabilitation of
Glendale Park, which will include improvements to the playing field.

3. C0116-11 Order/s/Councilor Sergio Cornelio, as President
To accept $100.00 donation from Mr. & Mrs. William Apruzzese to the City of Everett's
Department of Veteran's Services, in memory of Charles Apruzzese.(Passed sent up for
concurrence).

4. C0118-11 Order/s/Councilor Sergio Cornelio, as President
To transfer $8,977.00 from the Parking Meter Receipts to the Parking Meter Repairs and
Maintenance Account, needed for Spring Street Parking Lot. (Passed sent up for
concurrence).

5. A0027-11 Ordinance/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese, as President
To amend the Zoning Ordinances of the City of Everett by adding new Section 29
Governing Post-Construction Stormwater Managements of New Developments and
Redevelopments; with a favorable recommendation from the Planning Board. (Enrolled
in concurrence, sent up for ordainment).

6. A0026-11 Ordinance/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese, as President
To amend Zoning Ordinances of the City of Everett by adding new Section 28
Stormwater Management and Land Disturbance Ordinance; with a favorable
recommendation from the Planning Board. (Enrolled in concurrence, sent up for
ordainment).

7. C0098-11 Order/s/Councilor Anthony Ranieri
In accordance with the provisions of Chapter 17, Section 17.1 (b) of the Revised
Ordinances of the City of Everett, “Names & destinations; erection of signposts”, to
dedicate a square in honor of Corporal Ernest M. DiBiase on Everett Street, at the
corner of Tremont Street. (Passed sent up for concurrence).

8. C0112-11 Resolution/s/Councilors David Rodrigues, Carlie Smith and
Daniel Napolitano
That the City Council request that His Honor the Mayor commission a study relative to
the salaries of all city employees in relation to that of other, similar municipal employees
in the Commonwealth; and be it further resolved that His Honor the Mayor commission
both internal and external resources to this end. (Amended by deleting words "both" and
"external", passed as amended, sent up for concurrence to send to the Mayor and
Human Resources Departments.)

9. C0115-11 Resolution/s/Councilors Peter A. Napolitano, Rosemary Miller,
John Leo McKinnon. Lorrie Bruno and Aldermen Robert Van Campen,
Joseph McGonagle, Michael Marchese, Sal Sachetta
That the Mayor consider rolling back the recent parking meter fee increase as this is
causing an unnecessary burden to the residents, the business community and it's
patrons. (Passed sent up for concurrence).

COMMITTEE REPORTS
10. A0118-11 Committee on Licenses Report
Petition for Lodging House License from Caritas Communities Inc. / Bill Moore House at
76 Norwood Street. (Non-profit affordable housing).

11. A0119-11 Committee on Licenses Report
Petition for Lodging House License from Caritas Communities, Inc. / Hancock Hotel at
19 Hancock Street. (Non-profit, (manager) affordable housing).

12. A0115-11 Order/s/Committee on Licenses Report
Request received from Mr. James L. Massone, President of Malden Auto Body, Inc. at
87 Broadway, Rte 99, Everett, MA, to increase his daily hours of operation. Currently
they are M-Saturday 8:30 am to 6:00 pm. He is asking permission to open M-Saturday
from 7:30 am to 8:00 pm.

13. A0085-11 Joint Convention/Public Hearing ( JC009-11) Report On
A0085-11 Order to accept that portion of Air Force Road, from Norman Street to the end
of Air Force Road, as a Public Way, with favorable planning board recommendation.

UNFINISHED BUSINESS
14. A0035-11 Ordinance/s/Alderman Robert Van Campen and Councilor Daniel Napolitano
That the City of Everett enact an ordinance requiring vehicles which are parked in a
public way to be cleaned and moved within 48 hours from the end of a declared snow
emergency; with no recommendation from Committee on Rules & Ordinances, as
follows: To amend Chapter 18, Section 144 by adding section "(c) Vehicles to be
Cleaned Within Forty-Eight Hours of the End of a Declared Snow Emergency. The
owner of any vehicle parked along a public way within the City of Everett shall, within a
forty-eight hours following the termination of a declared snow emergency, clean said
vehicle of all snow."

15. A0114-11 Order/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese, as President
That the Regular Board of Aldermen meetings for Monday, July 11, 2011 and Monday,
August 8, 2011 are hereby suspended for the summer session 2011. (Referred
favorably to this meeting under guidelines).

NEW BUSINESS
16. A0122-11 Resolution/s/Alderman Sal Sachetta
I would appreciate having Marzie Galazka, Director of Community Development, appear
before the Board of Aldermen to discuss the possibilities of getting Grants for having
Solar Energy Panels installed on the roofs of some of the buildings owned by the City.
This is to save money for the taxpayers that have to pay for the energy consumed by
these buildings.

17. A0123-11 Resolution/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese
That the City consider placing a police detail at Dunkin Donuts on Broadway, at Lynn
Street, across from Pope John High School when school session starts back in the fall
from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m.

Adjournment

Respectfully submitted: C. McCorry, Adm. Assist. / Ofc. Mgr. Everett City Council Office
council@ci.everett.ma.us

Reminders:
6-27 6PM Joint Convention/Public Hearing (Air Force Road)
6-27 6:30PM Committee on Licenses
6-27 7PM Board of Aldermen Meeting
Happy 4th of July
7-18 7PM Common Council Meeting
7-19 6PM Committee on Printing
7-19 6pm Committee on Bills & Accounts
7-25 7PM Board of Aldermen
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic