Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community
 Announcements
 2011 Board of Aldermen
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2011 :  4:30:07 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So does anyone think Schlosberg will show up at the BOA meeting?
Go to Top of Page

cozulady

165 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2011 :  4:35:24 PM  Show Profile Send cozulady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not likely!
Go to Top of Page

waterboy

101 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2011 :  5:34:52 PM  Show Profile Send waterboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If he does we could have a major snowstorm or should I say SnowJob
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2011 :  6:09:57 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by waterboy

If he does we could have a major snowstorm or should I say SnowJob

So true, too funny!
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2011 :  8:15:08 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is anyone else more confused after listening to Mr Sansone? I know I am.
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2011 :  8:45:04 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by massdee

Is anyone else more confused after listening to Mr Sansone? I know I am.

Me!

Why on earth did they send him to answer the questions? He sounds like a total idiot. Is he?

I have a problem with members of the Common Council & Board of Alderman expressing their opinion about the charter question during meetings. It's natural for them to disagree with eliminating their position but I don't think they should be doing it on TV.

They're all there to represent the citizens of this city & until it's voted on, their opinion is not necessarily the opinion of their constituents.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2011 :  9:32:26 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank God I'm on self-imposed "radio-silence" concerning the charter.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2011 :  11:25:43 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am really surprised with Mr Sansone. He is a retired principal of one of our former elementary schools. You would have thought he could answer some very simple questions. What a disgrace.

I also have a problem with our elected officials giving there opinion on a ballot issue during a meeting. Outside of city hall is fine.

Edited by - massdee on 10/25/2011 11:26:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2011 :  11:44:49 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What I got out of Sansone is "the recall" is Bull ****!

If a mayor gets reelected do they still have to wait 6 months and collect 250 signatures to have a special election costing the taxpayers at minimum 30 grand to have a special election? All I have to say if it's the current mayor... heaven help any person that starts that kind of petition.

There's going to be no cost saving here in the long run. Salaries will increase in replacement of the health insurance....the members will be over worked since those 11 are going to have to pick up the slack that 25 others did... plus have their own jobs and family. We WILL have less representation I don't care how Sansone spins it. I''m not being mean, but he was the worst speaker to speak on charter. I could not understand a word he said and he had to quote directly from the charter. He did not even know about the changes. I don't trust this group and it's too much drastic changes all at once. If this does not pass, the 4-year term is what blew it and this farce of a recall.

We have a recall now and that's a 2 year term for mayor. We are going to the polls every two years anyway so the only thing I see in a recall is A LOT of time, expense to the taxpayer and concern for the safety of the person that starts a recall. This is not cost effective at all and would be the worse thing in this city if charter passes. I heard from numerous people that the Chairman of the Charter Commission, the consultant they hired had private meetings with the mayor, and the superintendent of schools. This has become too political and these parties involved are to blame! It was those people that started it with the signs (Vote YES on Charter) I don't blame that Vote NO on Charter committee for starting one up too. But the Vote YES started it first..... and this whole thing has become bogus and deceptive. Big Vote NO here.
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2011 :  12:33:42 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So you're saying Schlosberg & the consultant were able to blow smoke at enough of the other commission members to turn it into a farce & screw us over?

I'm not originally from this city & don't know the system or the players they way so many of you do so help me out please............ Who gains what by that kind of a move?
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2011 :  1:03:25 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by justme

So you're saying Schlosberg & the consultant were able to blow smoke at enough of the other commission members to turn it into a farce & screw us over?

I'm not originally from this city & don't know the system or the players they way so many of you do so help me out please............ Who gains what by that kind of a move?

The people who gain are the mayor and the superintendent.

I know there was more than one meeting with the mayor, Schlosberg and the Consultant. They meet.....and ask what they want. The mayor wants a 4 year term and the superintendent wants the mayor to not be a voting member of the school committee. That's exactly how it played out on the taxpayers dime. 10 grand to pay this guy for the commission to get out of doing their own research. All the questions asked of him could easily have been found online or contacting elected officials. Our proposed Charter is almost an exact replica of Melrose. It's a simple cut and paste.....change Melrose to Everett, and he gets paid 10 grand for that? He was supposed to write "our "charter, and what was best for this city, not copy other cites charters. Newburyport dumped him and I wish we followed their lead. In my opinion, it's a misuse of taxpayer dollars so the Grand Poobah's get what they want and basically screw everyone else. it's a real shame because this had the potential to do something good in this city, but all the wrong people were elected... somehow......
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2011 :  1:10:55 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's the list of Charter Commission members:

Chairman: Paul Schlosberg
Vice Chair: Robert Sansone
Clerk: Alfred Lattanzi
Members:
Michael Bono
John Hanlon
Joseph Hickey
Dorothy Martin Long
Jason Marcus
Bennie Schiavo

That group alone should tell you something...
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2011 :  1:22:24 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
More questions.......

What does the superintendent gain by the mayor not having a vote on the school committee?

Is Carlo so sure of re-election this year & 2 years from now that the 4 year term means that much to him?
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2011 :  1:27:14 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by massdee

Here's the list of Charter Commission members:

Chairman: Paul Schlosberg
Vice Chair: Robert Sansone
Clerk: Alfred Lattanzi
Members:
Michael Bono
John Hanlon
Joseph Hickey
Dorothy Martin Long
Jason Marcus
Bennie Schiavo

That group alone should tell you something...

It only helps when you know all the players. I know some of them but not all. I guess what the real problem is the committee was made up of too many politicians?
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2011 :  1:51:38 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Too many politicians and too many that owe the administration. The Charter Commission was compromised from day one. In my opinion.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2