Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community
 Community Meetings
 ward meetings
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

snoopy1

64 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2011 :  08:54:56 AM  Show Profile Send snoopy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by massdee

Anyone who has been involved in a major campaign in this city knows just how nasty some campaigners can be. I was shocked with the vandalism, threats and lies that takes place. I hope we don't see that this time around.

You are seeing it this time around. Someone that attended the ward meetings is spreading viscous downright lies about Peter Napolitano. He has a few lawn signs up and one was knocked down and Peter thought it was kids. But then a call that another sign is knocked down. Signs taken down at both Whittiar Drive and Glendale Towers. I'm sure it's not the end of it and the one spreading viscous lies wants to be mayor someday.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2011 :  09:39:15 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When people act that way, that means they have no faith in their candidate to win fair and square. If it's a sure win for Carlo (like the papers are portraying) WHY cause this type of friction with people? This immaturity just pulls people away from you when it counts the most....and that's at the voting booth. Why does it have to be this way in Everett? You go to places like Sudbury and they are friendly and run on issues. Carlo's people are turning this into Gestapoville.

It may not be Carlo himself doing this, and I've made the mistake of blaming him in the past for things his overzealous people supposedly did......but only Carlo can put an end to it. He needs to have a serious discussion with his people. If it continues, then he sanctions it.
Go to Top of Page

just wondering

387 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2011 :  1:07:15 PM  Show Profile Send just wondering a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tails

When people act that way, that means they have no faith in their candidate to win fair and square. If it's a sure win for Carlo (like the papers are portraying) WHY cause this type of friction with people? This immaturity just pulls people away from you when it counts the most....and that's at the voting booth. Why does it have to be this way in Everett? You go to places like Sudbury and they are friendly and run on issues. Carlo's people are turning this into Gestapoville.

It may not be Carlo himself doing this, and I've made the mistake of blaming him in the past for things his overzealous people supposedly did......but only Carlo can put an end to it. He needs to have a serious discussion with his people. If it continues, then he sanctions it.

There are other possibilities other than "Carlo's people are turning this into Gestapoville"

There are mornings when I find garbage barrells kicked over into the street by teenagers. I find street signs torn down, bent or turned in the wrong direction. Destroying a politcal sign is well within their realm of desctruction. Before we go and blame an opponent, I would like to atleast introduce the possibility that some parent hasnt done a good job of instilling the proper morals and values into their child.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2011 :  1:33:18 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree some of the vandalism in the city is done by kids. I wouldn't blame parents for what their kids do just like I wouldn't blame a candidate for what their supporters do.

I know the campaign I worked on, the candidate stressed he would not tolerate his supporters vandalizing his opponents signs. I would hope all candidates would do that.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2011 :  1:44:19 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by just wondering

quote:
Originally posted by Tails

There are other possibilities other than "Carlo's people are turning this into Gestapoville"

There are mornings when I find garbage barrells kicked over into the street by teenagers. I find street signs torn down, bent or turned in the wrong direction. Destroying a politcal sign is well within their realm of desctruction. Before we go and blame an opponent, I would like to atleast introduce the possibility that some parent hasnt done a good job of instilling the proper morals and values into their child.

Of course there's other possibilities. If it was "just" the lawn signs, then I would not have a problem.

I've heard about Whittiar Drive. A friend has a relative that lives there. He received a phone call that Peter's coffee hour was changed to 6:00pm. After looking into further, others in the complex backed up that statement. That was not sanctioned by Peter....and Peter would never have authority to do something like that. Housing is very strict concerning political functions. Who other than someone on the "housing" commission/committee would have access to phone numbers?

I was told signs were taken down. The elderly claim they were up, then taken down. This was both Whittiar Drive and The Towers.

There's a nasty lie going around about Peter and people are saying it came from someone that attended all the ward meetings. Now, you put all this stuff together IMHO...... you get Gestapoville.

Again, I'm not saying that it's Carlo's doing it or he sanctioned it however, he's the only one that can stop this nonsense. I also find it suspicious that every election he is in, it's the same thing. Signs knocked over, nasty lies about people, etc. If the hurtful lies continue, and at the same time he's posing for a picture with the same person.....IMHO he sanctions it.
Go to Top of Page

Poli Scientist

52 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2011 :  3:20:53 PM  Show Profile Send Poli Scientist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would love to know what viscous rumors I am spreading. I stated a simple fact that the picture on Councilman Napolitano's facebook had four people in it. As far as signs go, it happens in every campaign, it usually isn't other campaigns, and it isn't. I am posting nothing but facts, and you have the guts to call that hypocrasy while you hide behind your computer and post nasty lies about the Mayor's administration and campaign. The sad part is that some people that post on this site actually hold public office, but should look in the mirror to see just how idiotic and childish they are. Gee, I wonder why some want to abolish the common council.

Sick of hacks...
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2011 :  08:35:05 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I never said "you" said lies. I heard people are approaching Peter with a story they are being told and I'm not going to post it because when you post lies and innuendos they somehow become fact and I'm not going to add fuel to that fire. It does not matter what it is, it's a lie.

There's no reason to have this become a nasty campaign. Every election Carlo is in becomes nasty, and that is a FACT. As I've said before, it may not be him, but only he can stop it.

And you mention the city council running blogs. You have this confused with The Mirror. They were paid off to shut that down and more than one person on the cc had stated that. There's was 4 of them on that site with one big mouth who moved out of Everett but somehow continues to remain in Everett politics. You need to watch out for them. That site was created when David Ragucci lost the election and they kept the URL open. Cross them, GA head. BTW last time I heard, bribery was illegal.
Go to Top of Page

Poli Scientist

52 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2011 :  1:54:40 PM  Show Profile Send Poli Scientist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just checked ectvonline.com, all the ward meeting are now posted.

Sick of hacks...
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

12 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2011 :  5:35:57 PM  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ward 6 is not posted
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2