Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community
 Community Meetings
 9/26/11 Waters Ave Project meeting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2011 :  4:24:52 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's a hearing for this project on Monday, August 22, 2011 @ 7:00pm in the Keverian Room on the 3rd floor at City Hall. Anyone can come and voice your opinion.

I cant imagine the neighbors are thrilled with the overcrowding on those narrow streets and in no way will decrease our taxes. It will end up being a tax burden an a jump in numbers for the public school system that they are just not equipped to handle. We just do not have the room.

198 units rumored to be section 8. 2 parking spots per unit will be required and even IF it's not, you know cars will be there, along with visitors. I feel for some on section 8 but I know we are going through hell right now with a section 8 recipient and you can NOT do anything about it. They have been arrested, drugs, people living in there that are not supposed to, and since they are part of Boston housing rather than Everett housing, Everett housing can do nothing, and Boston housing can not stop their vouchers for bad behavior. So we have to pay for a lawyer and live in fear, and cars coming in and out all hours of the night. The absentee does not care, he only cares about his checks, that us taxpayers pay for!

So the city of Everett wants to go ans put 198 section 8 units in there....AND at the Old High School??

What is happening here!????

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2011 :  9:32:25 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm hearing through the rumor mill that this meeting didn't happen tonight due the lack of a quorum. Anybody know any more details?
Go to Top of Page

cozulady

165 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2011 :  10:06:54 PM  Show Profile Send cozulady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tetris

I'm hearing through the rumor mill that this meeting didn't happen tonight due the lack of a quorum. Anybody know any more details?

That's correct. One member a no show and one member had resigned. New meeting scheduled for Sept. 12, I believe.
Go to Top of Page

cathyk

97 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2011 :  06:50:50 AM  Show Profile Send cathyk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
why does this not surprise me
Go to Top of Page

thiscitystinks

12 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2011 :  10:38:16 AM  Show Profile Send thiscitystinks a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The member who was a no show was a big Carlo supporter who is also on the Charter Commission

I bet the other member who resiged did the correct thing.

Big Farse in the City of Everett
Go to Top of Page

OuttaHere

58 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2011 :  10:45:45 PM  Show Profile Send OuttaHere a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Names of these Spineless Turds! PLEASE! So I can put a bullet to whomevers ballot VERY shortly!
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2011 :  08:50:27 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was told Michael Bono was the no-show and Freddy Caffaso kept people waiting for 40 minutes before calling off the hearing. Can anyone confirm this?
Go to Top of Page

snoopy1

64 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2011 :  09:19:23 AM  Show Profile Send snoopy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Confirmed, and not the first time this has happened.

I saw a city services worker this morning and he was glowing. I asked why so happy, he said Brian Z gave his 2 weeks and they all could not be happier.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2011 :  09:25:41 AM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
According to city ordinances, there are five members on the planning board. They are appointed by the mayor and approved by both branches of the legislature. So even if someone resigned and Mr. Bono was a no-show, there should have been a quorum. Noy tring to defend anyone here but there must have been another no-show or an additional vacancy as well.
Go to Top of Page

snoopy1

64 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2011 :  09:50:10 AM  Show Profile Send snoopy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Planning Board
MICHAEL BONO
TONY MEDEIROS
FREDERICK E. CAFASSO
JAMES TANO
STEPHEN WHITE

In the end 3 people showed. Cafasso Medeirios and Tano. Some of the politicians that attended said there should be a quorum but Cafasso was arrogant and said they were wrong. He claimed you needed 4 for a quorum and people yelled it was bull XXXX. I believe Steve White resigned that night and Michael Bono was a no show. I would be fired from my job if I ever pulled a no show and Bono had many no shows on the Charter Commission. He only showed up when he felt like it. The mayor better get involved with this, it's going to far. People that he's appointed are not doing their jobs and are doing the residents a disservice. We requested the mayor, he was in the building, but did not come in.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2011 :  10:15:47 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by snoopy1

I saw a city services worker this morning and he was glowing. I asked why so happy, he said Brian Z gave his 2 weeks and they all could not be happier.

Brain Zaniboni gave his two weeks?? Please tell me this is not a joke.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2011 :  10:28:28 AM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I did a little more reasearch on this. I'm assuming that this project is before the planning board for a site plan review. Projects of a certain size, as outlined in the zoning ordinances, require one. In order for a site plan review to receive a favorable recommendation, they require a two-thirds vote, also in the zoning ordinances. It doesn't say specifically whether it is a two-thirds vote of the members present or of the entire body. But I'm going to guess that the city has been down this road some time in the past and they know the answer to the question. Unless there is something else in the planning board's own rules, three members present should have been enough to have a meeting but it probably wouldn't have been enough to vote favorably on this piece.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2011 :  10:55:35 AM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
According to a page located in the Mayor's tab on the city web site, these are the members of the planning board and the expiration dates of their five year terms:

MICHAEL BONO TERM EXP. 3/2009
TONY MEDEIROS TERM EXP. 3/2010
FREDERICK E. CAFASSO TERM EXP. 3/2011
JAMES TANO TERM EXP. 3/2012
LEO PIZZANO TERM EXP. 2/2013

So, three members of the board are serving on expired terms. A fourth, Leo Pizzano, only had his term approved by the BOA at their last meeting before the summer break in 2010 (06/28/2010) and was never taken up by the Common Council as required by Section 2-191 of the city ordinances.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2011 :  11:47:42 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's a shame that the mayor is so out of touch with people and allows this to continue. This is a very important issue city wide since this type of housing is all over the city and more proposals on it. The mayor needs to make sure these meetings take place and these type of games are not played. He should also immediately replace these constant no-shows that only care about getting a city contract for their own business, and repaying him this way.

On the planning board's part of the website it does read:

Planning Board
MICHAEL BONO
TONY MEDEIROS
FREDERICK E. CAFASSO
JAMES TANO
STEPHEN WHITE

with no way of getting in touch with them.
Go to Top of Page

Baby Huey

95 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2011 :  12:28:42 PM  Show Profile Send Baby Huey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thats what the word is. Haven't heard any conformation yet.
quote:
Originally posted by Tails

quote:
Originally posted by snoopy1

Brain Zaniboni gave his two weeks?? Please tell me this is not a joke.

Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2011 :  1:42:06 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't forget to show up for the meeting on Monday, Sept. 26th @7:15pm in the Keverian room at city hall, for those interested.

Even if this is not your ward, the people in this area need help. They are a small condensed area that has been stepped on for too long. The one person that is in favor is the Mayor himself. Proposing 198 units of overcrowding in that area. The streets cant handle it nor is there any parking. Our schools are already overcrowded with children. I cant imagine how much will it cost to educate each child. Not to mention the extra police and firefighters we will need to hire. This effects the entire city.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2