Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community
 Community Meetings
 ward meetings
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2011 :  1:59:14 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Has anyone had a chance to catch these ward meetings yet? They played in the middle of the night, and they are horrible! ECTV focused solely on the mayor and his staff. They were the only ones with a mic. You could not hear what the residents were saying. All you heard was noise in the background because they were held in schools. I could make out that one resident was complaining that his taxes increased $1,200.00 and you can see the mayor getting snippy about it and his response was... impossible. Then I could have sworn I heard Carlo say that he has a big add coming out in July to get rid of illegals. Who is he kidding.... and what has he done on that issue in 3 years? NOTHING. Illegals are in rooming houses and halfway houses and every time someone put a piece on, it was shot down. I do NOT like this election year abuse of power. I would never give the satisfaction of participating, but that's exactly what he wants.

Poli Scientist

52 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2011 :  2:04:35 PM  Show Profile Send Poli Scientist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My meeting was great. I believe he was talking about sending out a piece relative to trash, not illegals. What can he do about illegals? That is a federal issue that cities cant do anything about.

Sick of hacks...
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2011 :  3:10:07 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for clarification. That's because I couldn't hear. I thought he said "Take back the city from Illegals" I'll have to watch again. We do have a major problem in this city with over crowding and illegals. As much as I'm thrilled with our Senator DiDomenico, and fully supported him, I don't feel he is doing enough, and I also believe he voted for them to be entitled to Mass Health. Illegals are hiding out in rooming houses and halfway houses. They don't have any money and are resorting to crime and stealing. When a piece was on to either Cori check, or, do some type of check on the residents that live in these slums, it was shot down. Nothing has been done about these issues at all. For instance, I take very good care of my property. My neighbors are the biggest slobs with junk, mattresses etc in their yard. The mattresses freak me out over bed bugs. Code enforcement has been down there plenty of times, but the property remains trashed and overgrown grass/weeds. There's never been an order stating they had 30 days to clean in up, etc, but they've had political signs on their house. Not only that, I know for a fact illegals haitians are coming in and out of this property. They have people sleeping on the ground outside. Reported to no avail and told they are not breaking the law. Can you imagine being in a yard and just a few feet from you are people sleeping on the ground and no one can do anything about it? Then some idiot from code enforcement comes to MY door and asks if I reported it. That was the last time I call code enforcement for anything and made my final decision to get out of this city. I'm gonna sell my property to the highest bidder and I don't give a damn who they are. I've had no help from code enforcement or city hall. IMHO, they are a useless bunch and so much for anonymity that we are promised from code enforcement.
Go to Top of Page

Poli Scientist

52 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2011 :  4:24:53 PM  Show Profile Send Poli Scientist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Believe me I HATE illegal's, but unfortunatley there is no many of them, that the city doesn't have the authority nor the resources to do anyhting about them.

Sick of hacks...
Go to Top of Page

formally from everett

7 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2011 :  3:02:32 PM  Show Profile Send formally from everett a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can someone explain why only the Ward 2 meeting is available on You must be logged in to see this link. when Ward 1 was first and my mother informs me that all they play on channel 16 is Ward 2 the mayors Ward? Had family friends speak on what a great job he's doing. Playing those political games on Everett's people prove city government has no civic sense.
Go to Top of Page

Poli Scientist

52 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2011 :  3:52:51 PM  Show Profile Send Poli Scientist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It could be because Ward 2 was the first meeting they had. You have no civic sense.

Sick of hacks...
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2011 :  6:41:54 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by formally from everett

Can someone explain why only the Ward 2 meeting is available on You must be logged in to see this link. when Ward 1 was first and my mother informs me that all they play on channel 16 is Ward 2 the mayors Ward? Had family friends speak on what a great job he's doing. Playing those political games on Everett's people prove city government has no civic sense.

The ward one meeting has been on ECTV, but they are not airing them in order of ward. Ward two was held on 6/15 and ward one on 6/16.

It would make sense to air them in order of ward, and I’m not sure why the dates would affect the order of airing these meetings.

I just checked and the ward one meeting is not available on ECTV, but ward two is. That’s a question for Matt Laidlaw. One “could” speculate because businessman Sal Sacro spoke out one the fact his tax bill increased by 100% and the man had 2-3 DAYS to come up with $80,000.00. It bewilders the mind how rotten good prominent business people are getting treated this way and now they are being used as an excuse to start charging people for trash.
Go to Top of Page

snoopy1

64 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2011 :  9:14:24 PM  Show Profile Send snoopy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The nights got switched to throw off Peter Napolitano since he had a planned event on June 16th. Everett’s politics at it finest.
Go to Top of Page

Poli Scientist

52 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2011 :  11:01:46 PM  Show Profile Send Poli Scientist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
First off, Tails, Sacro stated 2 weeks and a few days, not 2 or three days. Second, Snoopy, Peter's event was planned for this past Thursday, even check his facebook page. He stated that his "committee" had other things to do, like get signatures.

Sick of hacks...
Go to Top of Page

snoopy1

64 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2011 :  10:02:13 AM  Show Profile Send snoopy1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Politics in Everett is at an all time low. Peter's event on June 16th was a time at Whittiar Drive. Only after that was made public the ward meetings switched. That I do know.
Go to Top of Page

Poli Scientist

52 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2011 :  10:53:23 AM  Show Profile Send Poli Scientist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You are crazy to think that an event would be switched for that reason. Peter was at the meeting, then the infamous Mr. Sal Sacro stepped in for him. Besides he only had four people at his coffee hour.

Sick of hacks...
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2011 :  1:00:28 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If that's true then I hope this is not the beginning of the nastiness starting. There's no reason for it and I think everyone should tell their people that these kinds of actions will not be tolerated. Sometimes people get overzealous and need to calm down.
Go to Top of Page

Poli Scientist

52 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2011 :  2:17:42 PM  Show Profile Send Poli Scientist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
According to the picture on facebook, 4 people were there. I can gurantee you tails that it is not true.

Sick of hacks...
Go to Top of Page

Wildfire132

31 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2011 :  10:14:08 PM  Show Profile Send Wildfire132 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Poli Scientist

According to the picture on facebook, 4 people were there. I can gurantee you tails that it is not true.

Sick of hacks...

Anth...Poli Scientist, knock off the nonsense. Sick of hacks? What a hypocrate. You like to spread nonsense about Napolitano but at least he has the guts to be out there, publically on the front lines. You are hidding behind a user name in the shadows. There were more than 4 people there because I was there, I live there & received a phone call changing the coffee time to 6pm. I will also note that Mr. Napolitano attended everyone of those Ward meetings. How about coming out of the shadows, grow a pair & walk into his headquarters and confront him with your issues. Sick of hacks? What a self hating statement!
Go to Top of Page

cozulady

165 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2011 :  07:11:45 AM  Show Profile Send cozulady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The notices that were put up had been removed prior to the coffee hour at Whittier drive. Regardless of who was responsible, this looks bad. Anyone could have been responsible, but people need to understand that this kind of behavior reflects negatively on the person they are trying to help. One individual doing something stupid can have a far-reaching impact on everyone. Let's keep this campaign clean and let the parties do their campaigning.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2011 :  08:35:32 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyone who has been involved in a major campaign in this city knows just how nasty some campaigners can be. I was shocked with the vandalism, threats and lies that takes place. I hope we don't see that this time around.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2