Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community
 Announcements
 2012 Common Council
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2012 :  08:50:40 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pat

Strong smell of gas on the bridge everyday.

I think that is something different.

I was kinda joking about hitting the gas line. The purpose was to show how irresponsible the State is rushing into these no-show jobs without having all their ducks in a row. That bridge is going to be a never ending nightmare and mostly for residents of Everett who are bearing the brunt of it all. Between that bridge and the Tobin (which we still pay $3.00 for) it's just not right that we have both a Senator and State Rep that live in Everett, and nothing has been done to alleviate some of the burden.
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2012 :  6:05:08 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have an Easy Pass transponder & it doesn't cost me $3.00. I can't remember how much less it is but I know I save a little. The transponder cost $20.00 but for me it was a great investment. I travel toll roads regularly & the convenience was well worth the cost. The fact that I get a discount on the Tobin was a bonus!
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2012 :  2:24:38 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by justme

I have an Easy Pass transponder & it doesn't cost me $3.00. I can't remember how much less it is but I know I save a little. The transponder cost $20.00 but for me it was a great investment. I travel toll roads regularly & the convenience was well worth the cost. The fact that I get a discount on the Tobin was a bonus!

I finally got one. It's $20.00 for the transponder and $2.50 per use of the bridge (with transponder) otherwise it's $3.00. It does start to add up after a while and the shame is, we live right on the gateway to Boston and we cant even use it because we have 10,000 (this is just the rush hour numbers...according to Stat Smith) taxis, trucks, buses, etc all avoiding the bridge and cutting through Everett. That is a DAILY number. I think it's high time that someone from Everett government get off their tails and start doing something about this.

I dont care that the Bridge is Boston, or lower Broadway is Charlestown. The citizens of Everett have suffered enough with no relief in sight. NO ONE is fighting for us. I find it absurd just 5 years ago 300 Everett residents get on a bus to Charlestown about a building that was being built in another city. So much hoopla over that and BWS is ENCLOSED and has nice landscape. Probably 290 out of those 300 have moved out!

The construction on the bridge is brutal! Seems like the same issues on the Tobin as lower broadway. A lot of stuff moved around, lanes closed....but I never see people actually working. I wonder who is the project manager for both these projects from the state, and what were they THINKING....having both projects done simultaneously like that. No regard at all to the impact on us. Probably because they don't live around here and lack of communication is common in Everett.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2012 :  2:29:34 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
AGENDA AGENDA AGENDA AGENDA AGENDA AGENDA

REGULAR MEETING OF THE COMMON COUNCIL, MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 2012, 7:00 PM, CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS, CITY HALL, 3RD FL., EVERETT, MASS 02149

PUBLIC HEARINGS
1. C0175-12
In accordance with the Joint Rules of the City Council, that each meeting shall allow up to ten (10) minutes for public participation and comment prior to the commencement of the reading of the communications from the Mayor.

COMMUNICATIONS FROM HIS HONOR THE MAYOR
2. C0181-12 Order/s/Councilor Daniel J. Napolitano, as President - To accept a donation of $300.00 from the Eagle Bank to the City of Everett's Office of Human Services Adult Learning Center Account.

3. C0182-12 Order/s/Councilor Daniel J. Napolitano, as President - To accept a donation of $1,500.00 from Mr. Lester Morovitz to the Department of Veteran's Services to be deposited into the Veteran Services Gift Account.

PAPERS FROM THE BOARD OF ALDERMEN
4. C0142C-12 Order/s/Councilor Daniel Napolitano, as President
That $4,172,000 be appropriated to pay costs of the following capital project: Water Main Replacements (MWRA) (Passed as amended sent down for concurrence.)

5. A0231-12 Order/s/Alderman Joseph W. McGonagle, as President - That the following revolving account be amended in accordance with Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 44, Section 53E 1/2, in the amounts not to exceed those set forth below, these accounts may be collected and expended by the designated City Officials, for the specified purposes during Fiscal year 2013: Expenditure Purpose: Everett Literacy Program, materials, salaries & supplies. Receipts: Fees, Donations and Grant Funds. Responsible City Officials: Director of Human Services. Current FY13 Limit: $20,000.00. Amended FY13 Limit: $175,000.00. This is due to implementing a fee for the cost of the class. The program purpose would continue to fund salaries, books and supplies for the Everett Adult Learning Center. (Passed sent down for concurrence)

6. C0141D-12 Order/s/Councilor Daniel J. Napolitano, as President - Committee on Finance Report on Order/s/Councilor Daniel J. Napolitano, as President-That $3,771,767 is appropriated to pay costs of the following capital projects: Roadway Reconstruction. (Amended to $2,828,825 and passed as amended, sent down for concurrence on the amendment.)

COMMITTEE REPORTS
7. C0065-12
Committee on Public Service Report on Resolution offered by Councilors Michael McLaughlin and Richard Dell Isola, Aldermen Robert Van Campen and Michael Marchese - Relative to maintenance of our City's parks and what we can do different this year than in past years to keep them clean and safe; with a recommendation to refer back to Sponsors.

8. C0078-12
Committee on Public Service Report on Resolution offered by Councilor Michael McLaughlin and Alderman Michael Mangan-That the Mayor consider installing a Bocce Court Complex for the new seven acre park to increase usage and activity at this recreational facility; with a recommendation to request further time and to invite the Mayor, Mayor's Chief of Staff and the Executive Director of City Services to the next meeting on the matter.

UNFINISHED BUSINESS
9. C0034-12 Resolution/s/Councilor John Leo McKinnon
To invite City Services Commission to appear next meeting to discuss longevity of all traffic and relative signage throughout the city. (6-4 Referred to this meeting for an update on matter.)

10. C0162-12 Resolution/s/Councilor Rosa DiFlorio
To see if the School Department and Chief Mazzie could put a program together to teach children how to cross the street. (9/4/12 Referred to Chief Mazzie and School Dept for a response back this meeting.)

11. C0168-12 Resolution/s/Councilor Wayne A. Matewsky
That the Code Enforcement Department do a complete inspection of the business of SELECT GRANITE & MARBLE at 18 Thorndike Street due to the many complaints from the residential neighbors. There is late and early working hours, supplies left in open view and just generally uncooperative business in the neighborhood. (9/4/12 Referred to Code Enforcement for a response this meeting.).

12. A0063-12 Resolution/s/Aldermen Robert Van Campen and Michael Marchese, Councilors Rosemary Miller, Rosa DiFlorio and Michael McLaughlin
To get an update from the task force to study recent population increases in the Everett School Department and to identify solutions to slow this increase. Said task force shall consist of a designee of the Mayor, a designee of the Superintendent of Schools, two designees of the Board of Aldermen, two designees of the Common Council and two designees of the School Committee.

NEW BUSINESS
13. C0170-12 Resolution/s/Councilors Leo McKinnon, Michael McLaughlin, Jason Marcus and Wayne Matewsky
That someone from the DOT, also someone from Senator DiDominico's Office as well as, someone from Representative Smith's Office, and the Mayor to appear next meeting relative to explaining the gas main situation that is going on down at the Bridge area.

14. C0171-12 Resolution/s/Councilors Rosa DiFlorio and Leo McKinnon - That the Mayor appear to explain where the Everett Jr. Crimson Tide Football team is going to be practicing and playing their games due to the Glendale Park renovations.

15. C0172-12 Resolution/s/Councilor Wayne A. Matewsky
That the City Engineer assists in the curb cutting at 136 and 139 Bradford Street for driveway usage at the request of homeowners.

16. C0173-12 Resolution/s/Councilor Jason Marcus
That the City Council of the City of Everett support No Medicare cuts for senior citizens.

17. C0174-12 Resolution/s/Councilor Rosa DiFlorio
That the Mayor and the Building Inspector appear to discuss feasibility of placing a Kiosh machine in Home Depot to make it more convenient for people doing business with the contractors and home owners.

18. C0176-12 Resolution/s/Councilor Sergio Cornelio
That the Finance Committee come up with salaries for the following positions comparative to surrounding cities: Clerk of Committees, City Clerk, Assistant City Clerk and School Committee.

19. C0177-12 Resolution/s/Councilor Michael J. McLaughlin
That in depths study is made on all snow equipment in the City and to request a report back in one month on the matter.

20. C0178-12 Worksheet
Common Council Worksheet
Monday, September 17, 2012
Pursuant to Rule 17 of the Common Council, all resolutions requesting the repair, replacement or maintenance of pavement, sidewalks, traffic signals, signage, playground equipment, or other similar requests, shall be placed on a separate worksheet and voted on collectively at the next formal session, and, if passed, referred to the respective departments for their response back to sponsors, if required.

1. Sponsor: Councilor Wayne A. Matewsky-That the City make a curb cut, at the request of the Grace Episcopal Church, at the driveway to the left of the entrance of that building at 67 Norwood Street. Referred to: Mayor, City Engineer and Director of City Services.

2. Sponsor: Councilor Lou Sierra-That both the cement holes are filled in at 23 – 24 Derne Street. These spots are across from one another. Referred to: City Services Director and Highway Division

3. Sponsor: Councilor Lou Sierra-That a tree be placed at 20 Derne Street. Referred to: City Services Director and Park Division

21. C0179-12 Resolution/s/Councilor Lou Sierra
That the Director of City Services, at the request of residents, have the gas covers filled in and around them in front of 24 Derne Street, and report back his findings next meeting on when this can be done before winter snow and plowing begins.

22. C0180-12 Resolution/s/Councilor Lou Sierra
That the excessive raccoon and cat problem on Lower Prospect Street, during the day, be checked out, with a request for a response in two weeks.

Adjournment
Reminders: 9/19 6PM B & A Committee and R & O Committee, 9/24 6PM Citation Presentation to Soccer Teams, 9/24 7PM Aldermen Meeting, 9/26 6PM Finance Committee meets, 10/1 7PM Next Common Council Meeting. Respectfully submitted: C. McCorry, Admin. City Council Office, council@ci.everett.ma.us, You must be logged in to see this link.

Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2012 :  2:52:39 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is there certain protocol on what goes on "city" government agendas? I'm referring to Jason's item 16. Of course no one wants to see cuts in medicare, but I'm part of the City of Everett and don't feel he has the right to send anything to congress on behalf of anyone else, including me, wether I agree or not.

I don't think it belongs there and it's a waste of time and should not even be discussed. This is improper. What will happen is it will go into a lengthy conversation that has nothing to do with the City of Everett. It will become a dog and pony show with all the grandstanders for ECTV.

If the President of the Common Council has educated himself on the city council rules, then he knows what to do.

Jason- this a Congress issue not City of Everett.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2012 :  8:52:50 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seems like somebody must read the blogs Tails.

But, of course, it would be better if the presidents/chairmen of all the boards and committees reviewed their agendas before they were published and either tried to convince members that certain items don't really belong on the agendas or informed the members how they will be handling their items if they must appear on the agenda. Marcus didn't have the only "inappropriate" item on the agenda. There were others that either belonged on the worksheet (or should have been able to be addressed without appearing on the agenda at all) or without having to grandstand the issue.
Go to Top of Page

waterboy

101 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2012 :  10:51:08 PM  Show Profile Send waterboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congradulations Peter Pet on your new job, you will make Melrose proud, get out while you can
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2012 :  2:56:56 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tetris

Seems like somebody must read the blogs Tails.

But, of course, it would be better if the presidents/chairmen of all the boards and committees reviewed their agendas before they were published and either tried to convince members that certain items don't really belong on the agendas or informed the members how they will be handling their items if they must appear on the agenda. Marcus didn't have the only "inappropriate" item on the agenda. There were others that either belonged on the worksheet (or should have been able to be addressed without appearing on the agenda at all) or without having to grandstand the issue.

Bravo to Daniel....and with no discussion. I agree there are a lot on the agenda that should not be there, but it's time to start invoking the rules especially to habitual offenders.
I'd also like to see the rule invoked when people storm the podium and invite themselves up. That's not right.

Bravo to Rosa too. Sending the Capital Improvement funding back to committee would have been a mistake. You cant give the mayor every single dime that he wants. That's not how government works you always compromise. We all know his numbers were high as it is, so the Alderman did the right thing. You know....a penny saved here and there is a penny saved. I've never seen more people rummishing through trash in my LIFE than lately during trash night. People are oppressed in this economy and losing everything. So yea...... any effort to help save a few dollars can help unite people. Don't worry Councilor McGlaughlin, the mayor will get all his projects done. Maybe now the administration will have to do some work, instead of taking the easy way out and bond one lump sum. Maybe hospital hill can come from free cash, who knows but I agree with Rosa, the battling and going back and forth is so old, and only dividing people more. The Common Council needs to work with the Board of Alderman and vice versa and they all need to work with the administration. ENOUGH of the division and sending things back and forth just because "your area, Jason" gets a back seat. Come up with other ways, do your job.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2012 :  7:12:13 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
REGULAR MEETING OF THE COMMON COUNCIL, MONDAY, OCTOBER 1,2012, 7:00 PM, CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS, CITY HALL, 3RD FL., EVERETT, MASS 02149

PUBLIC HEARINGS

1. C0187-12
In accordance with the Joint Rules of the City Council, that each meeting shall allow up to ten (10) minutes for public participation and comment prior to commencement of the reading of the communications from the Mayor.

2. C0189-12 Order/s/Councilor Daniel J. Napolitano, as President - To accept a donation of $200.00 from Panela & Helen Meleones to the Department of Veteran Services to be deposited into the Veteran Services Gift Account.

COMMITTEE REPORTS

3. Committee on Rules & Ordinances Report on Resolution offered by Councilor Daniel J. Napolitano, as President-That the City Council and the Mayor convene a Rules and Ordinances meeting to explore drafting an ordinance banning medical marijuana dispensaries from the City of Everett due to the upcoming ballot question, which would allow 35 medical marijuana dispensaries in the State; with a recommendation to refer to the City Solicitor to include zoning restrictions on this type of operation in the new zoning package.

4. C0136-12 Committee on Rules & Ordinances Report on Resolution offered by Councilors Leo McKinnon and Wayne Matewsky-That Rule 24 be enforced at all Common Council meetings; with a recommendation to refer back to Sponsors.

5. C0176-12 Committee on Finance Report on Resolution offered by Councilor Sergio Cornelio-That the Finance Committee come up with salaries for the following positions comparative to surrounding cities: Clerk of Committees, City Clerk, Assistant City Clerk and School Committee; with a recommendation to request further time.

6. C0098-12 Committee on Finance Report on Resolution offered by Councilors Sergio Cornelio and Jason Marcus-To have the City Clerk informs the Common Council of the salaries for clerk of committees and school committee officials in surrounding cities as we are doing for the mayor and city council; with a recommendation to request further time.

UNFINISHED BUSINESS

7. C0149-12 Resolution/s/Councilor Michael J. McLaughlin
That Senator Sal DiDomenico and Councilor Sal LaMartina give a written response in one month for a new measure put in place for odor control at the Boston Water and Sewer Sludge Plant.

8. C0034-12 Resolution/s/Councilor John Leo McKinnon
To invite City Services Commission to appear next meeting to discuss longevity of all traffic and relative signage throughout the city.

9. C0179-12 Resolution/s/Councilor Lou Sierra
That the Director of City Services, at the request of residents, have the gas covers filled in and around them in front of 24 Derne Street, and report back his findings next meeting on when this can be done before winter snow and plowing begins.

10. C0180-12 Resolution/s/Councilor Lou Sierra
That the excessive raccoon and cat problem on Lower Prospect Street, during the day, be checked out, with a request for a response in two weeks.

NEW BUSINESS

11. C0183-12 Resolution/s/Councilors Rosa DiFlorio, Cheryl Landry and Cynthia Sarnie
To have the Parking Clerk and the Mayor look into putting a Kiosh machine at the Police Station for residential parking.

12. C0184-12 Resolution/s/Councilor Leonard Jordan
To requests Representative Smith and Senator DiDomenico's assistance in getting the canal/culvert cleaned on the borderline of Everett and Malden on Grover Street, as Residents are concerned about the debris becoming a health and safety issue.

13. C0185-12 Resolution/s/Councilor Sergio Cornelio
To have someone from the Mayor's Office and the Water Department before the Common Council to explain what is going on with the estimated water bills, how they are billed and why are homeowners being charged the current rate for bills that are wrong from years ago.

14. C0186-12 Resolution/s/Councilor Rosemary Miller
That the Mayor explains the reason for the Friday closure of City Hall.

15. C0188-12 Resolution/s/Councilor Jason Marcus
That Carolyn Lightburn and Dale Palma invite the American Red Cross to the Armory to give a CPR demonstration to the Seniors.

16. C0190-12 Common Council Worksheet
Pursuant to Rule 17 of the Common Council, all resolutions requesting the repair, replacement or maintenance of pavement, sidewalks, traffic signals, signage, playground equipment, or other similar requests, shall be placed on a separate worksheet and voted on collectively at the next formal session, and, if passed, referred to the respective departments for their response back to sponsors, if required.

1. Sponsor: Councilor Jason Marcus-That the Public Works Department clean the right of way passage on Derne Street and remove the pole. Referred to: Raul Duverge, Mayor’s Office
2. Sponsor: Councilor Lou Sierra-To repair the guardrail at the bottom of Alpine and Dartmouth Street. It is on Dartmouth, at the bottom of Alpine, to repair or replace, as it is all bent and in bad shape. Referred to: Raul Duverge, Mayor’s Office and City Services
3. Sponsor: Councilor Catherine Tomassi Hicks-To request that a study be made on feasibility of installing a sidewalk adjacent to the sub-property of Village Corners Condominiums at 38 Carter Street. Referred to: Raul Duverge, Mayor’s Office and City Engineer Julius Ofurie.
4. Sponsor: Councilor Catherine Tomassi Hicks-To fix the numerous obvious problems on West Street. Referred to: Raul Duverge, Mayor’s Office and Attention City Engineer Julius Ofurie.

17. C0191-12 Resolution/s/Councilor Jason Marcus
That the City of Everett, in the month of November, run a clothing drive at different locations around the City, that is, make drop off centers at the Armory, the Fire Station, the Police Station, which will be given to poor people at holidays.

Adjournment Respectfully submitted:

C. McCorry, Admin. Everett City Council Office
council@ci.everett.ma.us
You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2012 :  1:38:06 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1. C0183-12 Resolution/s/Councilors Rosa DiFlorio, Cheryl Landry and Cynthia Sarnie
To have the Parking Clerk and the Mayor look into putting a Kiosh machine at the Police Station for residential parking.

What is this about a Kios"K" machine? Are they trying to eliminate jobs? And what about the cost of it? They can cost up to 10K, or if you lease it, the owner will want a percentage of the sales.

Just open city hall on Fridays like it should be! It’s not like we are closing it down for 8 hours, it’s only half a day closing at 11:30 anyway. Give me a break.
Go to Top of Page

pm03d77

1 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2012 :  10:43:43 AM  Show Profile Send pm03d77 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is there a way we could get a ward map up here on the site? It would be great for new residents of the city like myself who want to become civically involved.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2012 :  12:18:17 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome!

Unfortunately, the mechanics of this site really aren't all that friendly for posting anything other than text and links.

I'd suggested going to the city web site (You must be logged in to see this link.) for ward maps. Click on the City Clerk tab on the main page. Once you get to the City Clerk's page, click on the "Elections" link. On that page, you'll find links to the current ward maps which were recently changed after the 2010 Census. There's also a English description of the city's ward boundaries in Chapter 1 of the city's ordinances, which you'll also find a link to on the City Clerk's page. However, it doesn't look like that version of the ordinances has been updated yet since the number of precincts per ward was reduced from 3 to 2 in that last redistricting.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2012 :  11:46:29 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote

October Replies:

Reply author: charm
Replied on: 10/11/2012 6:48:19 PM
(6:45PM Presentation to Corporal Richard S. Costanza)

AGENDA AGENDA AGENDA AGENDA AGENDA AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING OF THE COMMON COUNCIL, MONDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2012, 7:00 PM, CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS, CITY HALL, 3RD FL., EVERETT, MASS 02149
PUBLIC HEARINGS

1. C0192-12
In accordance with the Joint Rules of the City Council, that each meeting shall allow up to ten (10) minutes for public participation and comment prior to commencement of the reading of the communications from the Mayor.

2. C0198-12 Order/s/Councilor Daniel J. Napolitano, as President
That the Chief Procurement Officer is hereby granted permission to accept and dispose of the specific items named and described as surplus Whittier School eMac Disposal List, referenced as and attached as Exhibit A. The referenced inventory is no longer needed as the Whittier School needed to acquire new computers because updated software was not compatible with these seven (7) year old computers. Each computer is valued at approximately $50.00. Once declared surplus by the Honorable City Council, the inventory will be sold.

3. C0199-12 Order/s/Councilor Daniel J. Napolitano, as President
That the Chief Procurement Officer is hereby granted permission to accept and dispose of the 2005 Harley Davidson Motorcycle, described VIN number located in the Police Department. The referenced inventory is no longer needed as this motorcycle was involved in an accident but was not totaled. The value of the motorcycle is about $3,500.00. Once declared surplus by the Honorable City Council, the motorcycle will be sold.
PAPERS FROM THE BOARD OF ALDERMEN

4. A0227-12 Ordinance/s/Alderman Michael K. Marchese
The salary for each member of the Everett City Council 2014 shall be $15,000.00 annually effective January 1, 2014, which does not include health insurance. (Enrolled as amended sent down for concurrence.)

UNFINISHED BUSINESS

5. C0149-12 Resolution/s/Councilor Michael J. McLaughlin
That Senator Sal DiDomenico and Councilor Sal LaMartina give a written response in one month for a new measure put in place for odor control at the Boston Water and Sewer Sludge Plant.

6. C0034-12 Resolution/s/Councilor John Leo McKinnon
To invite City Services Commission to appear next meeting to discuss longevity of all traffic and relative signage throughout the city.

7. C0179-12 Resolution/s/Councilor Lou Sierra

8. C0183-12 Resolution/s/Councilors Rosa DiFlorio, Cheryl Landry and Cynthia Sarnie
To have the Parking Clerk and the Mayor look into putting a Kiosk machine at the Police Station for residential parking.

9. C0185-12 Resolution/s/Councilor Sergio Cornelio
To have someone from the Mayor's Office and the Water Department before the Common Council to explain what is going on with the estimated water bills, how they are billed and why are homeowners being charged the current rate for bills that are wrong from years ago.

10. C0186-12Resolution/s/CouncilorRosemaryMiller
That the Mayor explains the reason for the Friday closure of City Hall.

NEW BUSINESS

11. C0193-12Resolution/s/CouncilorJasonMarcus
Code Enforcement and Building Inspector appear concerning the bird problem and condition of 157 Union Street.

12. C0194-12 Order/s/Councilor Michael McLaughlin
To suspend Common Council Rule 4 "Scheduling of Formal Sessions" to allow the regular Common Council meeting of Monday, November 5th to be rescheduled to the evening after the Election on Wednesday, November 7th at 7pm.

13. C0195-12Resolution/s/CouncilorMichaelMcLaughlin
To respectfully request that all Boards and Commission provide members of the City Council with a copy of their proposed agenda's prior to the scheduled meetings of these Boards and Commissions.

14. C0196-12 Resolution/s/Councilor Jason Marcus
To ask ECTV to run the rummage drive on ECTV from November 1st to November 30th where people can bring in clothes for the needy, (clean/new) to the police station, fire station, city hall or the armory.

15. C0197-12Resolution/s/CouncilorJasonMarcus
That the City of Everett accepts local option M.G.L., Chapter 59, Section 5N, allowing cities and towns to create a work-off tax abatement for Veterans.

16. C0200-12CommonCouncilWorksheetMonday,October15,2012 Pursuant to Rule 17 of the Common Council, all resolutions requesting the repair, replacement or maintenance of pavement, sidewalks, traffic signals, signage, playground equipment, or other similar requests, shall be placed on a separate worksheet and voted on collectively at the next formal session, and, if passed, referred to the respective departments for their response back to sponsors, if required. 1. Sponsor: Councilor Catherine Tomassi Hicks-That the wooden benches at the Parlin Library need repair, they are in very poor condition. Referred to: Raul Duverge, Mayor’s Office

Adjournment

Respectfully submitted: C. McCorry, Admin. Everett City Council Office council@ci.everett.ma.us

Reminders:

10/16 6:00pm Bills & Accounts Committee, also Public Service Committee same night.

10/22 6:30pm License Committee Meeting and 7:00 p.m. Board of Aldermen Meeting

10/23 6:00pm Rules & Ordinances Committee Meeting 10/30 6pm Finance Committee Meeting

You must be logged in to see this link.
Replied on: 10/15/2012 7:22:21 PM
GUESS THE MAYOR DOESN'T LIKE TO GET BADGER BY THE C.C MEMBERS THAT WE THE TAXPAYERS ELECT, IF HE SHOWED UP AT WORK HE MIGHT BE ABLE TO KNOW WHEN HIS EMPLOYEES WORK AND WHAT HOURS,

GONE ARE THE DAYS
Replied on: 10/16/2012 09:13:14 AM
I don't think that I would call it "badgering" charm; I thought it was Councilor Miller just asking the questions that she thought needed to be asked.

I thought that the Mayor's reaction to her questions was very uncalled for. And I was surprised that he seemed to have such little grasp of some of the fact of the situation (union staff works 35 hours a week, city hall will only be open two more hours per week during a normal week under this new schedule). And even though the discussion on this piece was hardly a shining moment in Everett politics, it proved that there are things about this change that we are unaware of. When I hear that City Hall is closed on Fridays, I wouldn't expect that the Mayor's Office would be staffed to take phone calls. When would that have come out if questions weren't asked?
Replied on: 10/16/2012 09:46:45 AM
he stated that dept. heads are in on Friday, yeah right if they are in why don't they answer their phones, Friday I am going to sit in the parking lot and see who comes in take pictures and send them to Council miller, then I am going to call the departments that are in and see if they answer their phones,

Wanna bet they won't
Replied on: 10/16/2012 10:22:13 AM
It's a blatant lie. No one has been there on Friday's and NO ONE has picked up any phones on Friday. Doors locked and lights out. The sign that's been on the door said CLOSED. Not CLOSED for walk-ins but call department heads.

It's funny the mayor cant show up to face the alderman with these questions but has no trouble coming to face Councilor Miller and bullying her just because she asks questions that her constituents have concerns about. Why, because she's a woman??
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2012 :  3:08:07 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No agenda:(

I guess that there must be an election next week...
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2012 :  11:09:22 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is asinine not to have the agenda posted online, election or not. If someone (anyone) doesn't have the time, you get someone else to do it or help out. Doesn't the mayor constantly talk about "cross training"? It's no excuse to snub the residents.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2