Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community
 Community
 BALLOT POSITION DRAWING
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

charm

264 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2013 :  12:06:07 PM  Show Profile Send charm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
THERE WILL BE DRAWING HELD ON AUGUST 5TH @6 PM IN THE CITY CLERKS OFFICE TO PLACE THE NAMES OF THE POSITIONS OF CANDIDATES FOR THE UPCOMING PRIMARY ON SEPTEMBER 17TH, IT IS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC UNDER THE NEW CITY CHARTER.

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2013 :  12:53:57 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have no idea what this is about. I thought positions were determined in the new charter to be "councilor" (no more alderman) "mayor" etc. Am I missing something?
Go to Top of Page

charm

264 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2013 :  12:57:02 PM  Show Profile Send charm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
CAN'T HELP YOU THERE TAILS, IN TODAY'S PAPER PAGE 9 UNDER CITY CLERK TO HOLD BALLOT POSITION DRAWING, SHOULD BE INTERESTING
Go to Top of Page

cozulady

165 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2013 :  6:29:15 PM  Show Profile Send cozulady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Candidates will no longer be placed in alpha order. The names are being drawn to determine their order on the ballot.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2013 :  9:49:57 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cozulady

Candidates will no longer be placed in alpha order. The names are being drawn to determine their order on the ballot.

Wow, thank you. It's about time. I've heard that people first on ballots had something like a 5 point advantage. I don't get how the ballot order effects people like that, but it happens.
Go to Top of Page

cozulady

165 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2013 :  08:47:00 AM  Show Profile Send cozulady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Simple, they check off the first name if they don't know the candidates.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2013 :  11:46:35 AM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
More important, IMHO. Do we have a final list of who is running and for what seats? I thought that it being such a slow news week that at least one of the papers would have printed the list.
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2013 :  07:44:19 AM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know the results of the placement for the mayoral race?
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2013 :  11:20:15 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by justme

Does anyone know the results of the placement for the mayoral race?

Carlo is very happy to report that his name will be first on the ballot.
Go to Top of Page

cozulady

165 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2013 :  1:14:49 PM  Show Profile Send cozulady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mayor: Carlo, Millie, Robert
Ward 2: Jason, Dennis, Stephen
Ward 5: Rosa, Mills, Sansone
Ward 6: McLaughlin, Hicks, Sachetta
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2013 :  1:28:28 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cozulady

Mayor: Carlo, Millie, Robert
Ward 2: Jason, Dennis, Stephen
Ward 5: Rosa, Mills, Sansone
Ward 6: McLaughlin, Hicks, Sachetta

Each ward is suspect to me. If I didn't know any better I would swear this was fixed.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2