Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 State Representative and Senator
 Stat Smith
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

Middle-Man 1

188 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2007 :  8:00:49 PM  Show Profile Send Middle-Man 1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am no longer a fan of Mr. Smith's for reasons previously stated here. I have to ask you though, if Smith feels the superintendant should be removed and the current group of school comittee members refuses to remove him then what is he to do? The way it works in America is you run for office to make the changes you want made if those in charge will not do it. You are entitled to your opinion on the job Mr. Forestiere is doing Keanu but keep in mind those who want him ousted are entitled to their opinions also. If the majority of Everett voters agree with you then you have nothing to fear. Smith and the like minded candidates who wish to depose Forestiere will be defeated. If as I suspect, the majority of the electorate disagree with your assesment of this situation, then Smith and the other anti-superintendant candidates will have done the only thing that could be done to effect change at the top of the school system here. FFF has had a school comittee that he has packed with pro Forestiere puppets long enough now. Turnabout is fair play.
Go to Top of Page

H1ghCh4r1ty
Advanced Member

967 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  12:37:30 PM  Show Profile Send H1ghCh4r1ty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Many of the school committee members have a relative on the payroll of the school department. That is a fact. The perceived threat to these members is that the vindictive mini megalomaniac will find a way to eliminate the employment of the relative of the member who doesn't cooperate with FFF's agenda.

If we can get a clean slate, perhaps new rules may be promulgated by the School Committee to eliminate this perceived conflict of interest.

Let's face it the present group must always weigh the repercussions to a relative if they do not vote with Freddie.

That should not be so.

Emile Schoeffhausen
Go to Top of Page

EverettsPride
Advanced Member

1140 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  2:55:17 PM  Show Profile Send EverettsPride a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kids do go to other cities it is just swept under the rug. Why do you think your paying millions in transportation costs and tuition for kids to go to private schools? Their parents threaten to sue the school department because their kid is not getting an appropriate education and FFF writes the checks.

Sally
Go to Top of Page

Fran

250 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  4:35:35 PM  Show Profile Send Fran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sally are you talking about special ed? If so I fail to see the comparison.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2007 :  10:36:28 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wasn't here for the Alderman's meeting. Can someone tell me what happened with Smith's piece about FFF?
Go to Top of Page

Court4Fred
Advanced Member

1201 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2007 :  11:43:36 AM  Show Profile Send Court4Fred a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tails - I think you are referring to the city solicitor and NOT the auditor?
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2007 :  12:14:48 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Your right. I meant City Solicitor not Auditor. The Solicitor would have his knickers in a twist if you call him by anything else. It wasn’t a proud moment at the meeting but funny to watch. You don’t need the soaps.

Go to Top of Page

Head

111 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2007 :  10:07:53 AM  Show Profile Send Head a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like Stat very much just want him to do something with that hair.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2007 :  01:08:00 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am supporting Stat in the general election for school committee. I hope he does good.
Go to Top of Page

Fran

250 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2007 :  12:27:17 PM  Show Profile Send Fran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There are only three candidates for the three School Committee At Large seats on the November ballot. That means Bannewicz, MacLaughin and Smith are all in. Smith has already done good.
Go to Top of Page

imbroglio

47 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2008 :  12:42:13 PM  Show Profile Send imbroglio a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For the latest on the "issues" go to
You must be logged in to see this link.

And for all those "man on the street" testimonials, sheck out

You must be logged in to see this link.

Makes sense to me.
Go to Top of Page

cozulady

165 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2008 :  6:27:00 PM  Show Profile Send cozulady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fran, the local elections take place in the odd numbered years; state and federal on even. There is no race for School Committee or any other local seat until next year.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2008 :  9:14:54 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The post from Fran was from 9/19/07

I never knew about Stat's website. I like the different language touch.
Go to Top of Page

cozulady

165 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2008 :  9:27:54 PM  Show Profile Send cozulady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Tails. Saw 9/19 and assumed it was today. Duh!!
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2008 :  10:35:15 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That was weird….same day different “year”
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2