Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Sports
 Everett Football
 BIG BAD FREDDY
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

slim shady

11 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  12:35:01 PM  Show Profile Send slim shady a Private Message  Reply with Quote
FRED FORISTIARE is the KING

This man is the nads my peeps he is ruler of all he runs the show and you dont even know it, look at him listen to him, he is the ruler. The is a Slim Shady FAN he tells it like it is and you dotnhave to like but its REAL like slim Shady. So a big Yo Yo Yo to Big FRED we love you buddy.Take all the air conditioners you want.

To my Peeps I love ya.

To My PeePs

Lynda
Advanced Member

1282 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  12:40:27 PM  Show Profile Send Lynda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slim shady

FRED FORISTIARE is the KING

This man is the nads my peeps he is ruler of all he runs the show and you dont even know it, look at him listen to him, he is the ruler. The is a Slim Shady FAN he tells it like it is and you dotnhave to like but its REAL like slim Shady. So a big Yo Yo Yo to Big FRED we love you buddy.Take all the air conditioners you want.

To my Peeps I love ya.

To My PeePs

Can we all agree to ignore trash? I took a break from this site because this was getting out of hand and it is back again. All of you know I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut with these kind of people but, I promise to ignore if you will all promise to do the same. Deal?
Go to Top of Page

Court4Fred
Advanced Member

1201 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2007 :  4:20:11 PM  Show Profile Send Court4Fred a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Evidently, the FFF fan must be quite the student at FFF's school. Poor soul, he can't spell or put together a sentence to save his life.
Go to Top of Page

EverettsPride
Advanced Member

1140 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2007 :  4:56:26 PM  Show Profile Send EverettsPride a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Because he is too busy trying to hold his pants up.

Sally
Go to Top of Page

Middle-Man 1

188 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2007 :  10:22:38 PM  Show Profile Send Middle-Man 1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We joke about this here. Humor is an essential element in keeping oneself sane. The sad thing is we will be turning out more and more "graduates" from this school system who can't spell or put together a sentence if things don't change for the better. I am very disturbed at the teachers unions success at getting the governor to appoint an anti- MCAS zealot to the board of education. They did have a large hand in his election after all and want payback for their support. After the billions poured into education in the last decade we do not need any backsliding on testing that measures whether we are actually getting some results for all this money that has been spent.
Go to Top of Page

EverettsPride
Advanced Member

1140 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2007 :  11:02:43 AM  Show Profile Send EverettsPride a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was all for the MCAS in the beginning. Now I see it as a waste of time. They focus so much on it and offer kids summer classes and after school classes to teach to the MCAS. No thanks my kids willnot be attending. It has gone way out of control.

Sally
Go to Top of Page

Middle-Man 1

188 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2007 :  8:18:10 PM  Show Profile Send Middle-Man 1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I presume they only offer it for kids that are not proficient in the subject matter correct? I respect your opinion here. There's more than one way to skin a cat so to speak. It depends on what you feel education should be all about. We have been falling behind countries like India, Japan and China for years now in the sciences and mathematics. This is very important subject matter in todays economy. I don't believe in the touchy, feely, educate the "whole child" argument. They need to spend their time teaching them what they need to succeed in the modern workforce. That's what they are attempting to make public schools do now. They need to be forced to prove they have done so and the only way they can prove it is with MCAS style testing. They did it their way for years and it was ineffective. Many taxpayers are sick and tired of them always clammoring for more money, more money, more money, for education and fighting every inch of the way when we demand results in return. I would be interested in hearing why you think it is a waste of time and out of control Sally. I have my opinion but would be more than wlling to listen to someone who wishes to argue the other side of the issue.

Edited by - Middle-Man 1 on 06/10/2007 8:20:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

EverettsPride
Advanced Member

1140 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2007 :  10:44:25 PM  Show Profile Send EverettsPride a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It seems to me like they are so interested in MCAS scores that they do not do a thorough job teaching the other subjects. The kids are more stressed out than ever. They have MCAS prep classes and regular classes and no recess. I understand wanting to make the teachers accountable. I do not understand punishing the kids because they have not met the standard. Isn't that the teachers problem? My child has learning disabilities. He passes every class. But I doubt he will pass the math section of the MCAS. If he does not graduate after all the years hehas struggled to make it to graduation, who is being punished?

Sally
Go to Top of Page

Middle-Man 1

188 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2007 :  11:08:56 PM  Show Profile Send Middle-Man 1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think them being stressed is reason to stop going in the direction we are going. Life is full of stress. The sooner they learn to cope with it the better. That is part of an education in and of itself. It's like the trend of not keeping score in childrens sporting events. We don't want the losing team to feel badly. It's rediculous. If you can't master the subject matter you should'nt be promoted to the next grade and you should'nt graduate. The focus of the MCAS is the subject matter most important in todays economic environment. This make them feel good about themselves crap is a rather new phenomenon the past couple of decades that leaves them ill equipped when they enter the real world. I do agree with you on one point here. If a child has legitimate learning disabilities then some other method of judging their performance should be considered. For the rest, including my own, they should deal with it.
Go to Top of Page

Formerly for Hanlon

5 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2007 :  09:31:28 AM  Show Profile Send Formerly for Hanlon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree our system of education is broke. We are behind the rest of the countries that are players. I'm not sure MCAS is the answer but it is a starting point. I also agree there should be a program in place for our students with legitimate learning disabilities. It seems the school administrators are more interested in numbers than education.
Go to Top of Page

Lynda
Advanced Member

1282 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2007 :  10:59:11 AM  Show Profile Send Lynda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
These children are not learning the necessities, what they are being taught constantly is how to test for MCAS and the rest is put on the back burner.
It isn't only here in Everett it is the whole State. I have a niece, who lives in Mass but not Everett, who was awarded full scholarship to any state school for scoring in the top 10 in the US. This same girl also failed a Major Subject due to her studying for the MCAS testing.

Edited by - Lynda on 06/11/2007 11:40:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

EverettsPride
Advanced Member

1140 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2007 :  11:43:25 AM  Show Profile Send EverettsPride a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My daughter received the same scholarship Lunda. She struggled in two subjects this year. She passed for the year. I agree they focus totally on MCAS. I have already said if I find out when the scores are out in November, that my son did not pass any portion of the MCAS and will therefore not graduate, I will hire a lawyer. I did not fight for this kid for 14 years of school, only for them to tell me a test decided if he graduates or not. He has passed all of his courses and he deserves to graduate.

Sally
Go to Top of Page

Lynda
Advanced Member

1282 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2007 :  11:45:28 AM  Show Profile Send Lynda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did you know that they start them off in Kindergarten now with MCAS prep?
Go to Top of Page

EverettsPride
Advanced Member

1140 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2007 :  4:48:34 PM  Show Profile Send EverettsPride a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now how ridiculous is that! I have spoken privately with several Everett teachers who are also against the testing. They should do something to judge how the teachers are performing. I just do not think it should encompass the entire school year, summer programs, and after school sessions. And it should not cost someone their graduation when they earned it.

Sally
Go to Top of Page

Middle-Man 1

188 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2007 :  5:35:11 PM  Show Profile Send Middle-Man 1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lynda, I would argue that the MCAS subjects ARE the necessities. And that other things SHOULD be put on the back burner. It would be great if they could master all subjects equally but for years it has been proven that many cannot. This is why attention has now been focused on what is most needed to succeed in todays economy. A large percentage of the brighter students still get a working knowledge of other subject matter despite it's de-emphasis. Those that don't have the aptitude to excell in all areas are at least now forced to focus on the most important areas for success in their future. There is very little excuse for not being able to pass a standardized test at the tenth grade level before you leave school after the 12th grade. Especially if, as detractors say, all they do is teach for the test.
Go to Top of Page

Fran

250 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2007 :  5:41:06 PM  Show Profile Send Fran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't forget standardized testing is also required and being driven by the "No Child Left Behind Act" so it's doubtful that MCAS will go away.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2