Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Sports
 Everett Football
 BIG BAD FREDDY
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

Middle-Man 1

188 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2007 :  5:45:23 PM  Show Profile Send Middle-Man 1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EverettsPride

Now how ridiculous is that! I have spoken privately with several Everett teachers who are also against the testing. They should do something to judge how the teachers are performing. I just do not think it should encompass the entire school year, summer programs, and after school sessions. And it should not cost someone their graduation when they earned it.

Sally

Sally, it does'nt surprise me that you would find several teachers who are against the testing. The problem was that for many years teachers were awarding passing grades and graduating students who could barely read or add. There were many who were graduating who DID NOT EARN IT. Teachers have proven it can not be left for them to decide who graduates by the grades they give out. There has to be a test to prove they earned it. I and many others do not want to go back to letting the teachers control graduation without making them prove with a test that the children actually learned something. I realize there are other points of view here and do not insist that I'm right and you're wrong. It's just my two cents on the subject. And I honestly hope your child gets through it on top. Good luck.
Go to Top of Page

EverettsPride
Advanced Member

1140 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2007 :  12:58:51 AM  Show Profile Send EverettsPride a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with you that the teachers need to be held accountable. I hope my child passed with flying colors. If he does not then I will have to look into a tutor.

Sally
Go to Top of Page

Court4Fred
Advanced Member

1201 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2007 :  9:10:35 PM  Show Profile Send Court4Fred a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I did hear that the DA is looking into the IG's letter. It ain't over till the fat lady sings...
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2007 :  9:19:55 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Court, I also heard that. Maybe some justice will come out of this yet.
Go to Top of Page

Court4Fred
Advanced Member

1201 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2007 :  9:33:50 PM  Show Profile Send Court4Fred a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope the DA is also looking into the non-response by the school committee and the mayor.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  09:35:29 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
FFF has been one of my pet peeves since the day the school committee voted to give him the Superintendents job. I was present in the audience when that vote was taken along with that sleazy perpetual contract of his. There must be a morals clause somewhere that a new school committee, if we ever see that day, can use to dismiss him from his position. I cannot understand how these members of the Sch Com can sleep at night. They know how most people feel about FFF and they continue to allow him his reign of corruption.
Go to Top of Page

Home

97 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  12:07:55 PM  Show Profile Send Home a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Court4Fred

I did hear that the DA is looking into the IG's letter. It ain't over till the fat lady sings...

I didn't know that JV sang.
Go to Top of Page

Masterful1

421 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  7:50:46 PM  Show Profile Send Masterful1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh home...you had me at JV...ROFL
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  9:28:41 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Masterful, so good to see you back.
Go to Top of Page

Lynda
Advanced Member

1282 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2007 :  11:03:50 AM  Show Profile Send Lynda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I heard a rumor that the new High School may be named for FFF. Does anyone know anything about this? It is just a rumor right? It couldn't be true right?
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2007 :  12:20:58 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think it was just some posters goofing around on The Mirror. People would go insane if they tried to pull that one off.
Go to Top of Page

Court4Fred
Advanced Member

1201 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2007 :  1:24:46 PM  Show Profile Send Court4Fred a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If we allow the high school to be named for a thief...then shame on us. You know what - we better hope that the control of the school committee is wrestled away from Freddy this time around...or that school will be named for him.
Go to Top of Page

H1ghCh4r1ty
Advanced Member

967 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2007 :  6:29:20 PM  Show Profile Send H1ghCh4r1ty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We all know it should be named after John McCarthy.

Ahem......

Emile Schoeffhausen
Go to Top of Page

Court4Fred
Advanced Member

1201 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2007 :  7:19:51 PM  Show Profile Send Court4Fred a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, I think he would be more appropriately remembered with another local "fixture." How about a fire hydrant?

Edited by - Court4Fred on 06/21/2007 7:20:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

Citizen Kane
Advanced Member

1082 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2007 :  7:33:49 PM  Show Profile Send Citizen Kane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Or a Porta Potty . . .
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.29 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2