Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Sports
 Everett Football
 BIG BAD FREDDY
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

Court4Fred
Advanced Member

1201 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  10:12:30 PM  Show Profile Send Court4Fred a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The union needs to step up! This is why F3 gets away with this crap. People need to stop being so scared and start fighting for their rights.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2007 :  09:11:22 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Has anyone heard anymore people running for school committee? What is the deadline for getting nomination papers in?
Go to Top of Page

Citizen Kane
Advanced Member

1082 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2007 :  09:16:04 AM  Show Profile Send Citizen Kane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't heard of any, other than Smith. I believe the deadline for submitting nomination papers to city hall is July 31st.

I wish they'd put the current list of those who have taken out papers on the city website.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2007 :  09:19:31 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Even the newspapers haven't updated the list in quite a while. It would be nice to know our choices.

They could even run the list on ECTV.

Edited by - massdee on 07/08/2007 09:20:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  10:16:32 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Has anyone heard any updates on the Inspector Generals letter? We have all been so interested in the budget, this issue as taken a back burner.
Go to Top of Page

Lynda
Advanced Member

1282 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  11:54:44 AM  Show Profile Send Lynda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nothing. Not a word. Hummmmm maybe this is why the Mayor is doing this little dance with the budget, to make us forget...
Go to Top of Page

Masterful1

421 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  7:57:13 PM  Show Profile Send Masterful1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi gang, you do realize that this administration has been nothing but smoke and mirrors about everything. Nothing is going to happen with the letter, sad to say..

They shouldn't say the " budget ", they should call it the fudge it...LOL
Go to Top of Page

Lynda
Advanced Member

1282 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  08:58:06 AM  Show Profile Send Lynda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What is the word on the new High School? Will it open this year or not? Can't seem to get any answers.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  09:10:15 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Last I heard it is going to open in September.
Go to Top of Page

Lynda
Advanced Member

1282 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  09:31:09 AM  Show Profile Send Lynda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks massdee, I hope so. Could you see these kids trying to make move mid year, it would slow everything down academically.
Go to Top of Page

EverettsPride
Advanced Member

1140 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  3:48:04 PM  Show Profile Send EverettsPride a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hear it will open on time. I saw the trucks there the other day moving things in. That is a good sign.

Sally
Go to Top of Page

Lynda
Advanced Member

1282 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  10:09:38 AM  Show Profile Send Lynda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just watched the school committee meeting this morning. FFF spent more time telling "the public" that the school budget is lower now than in 2003. I wanted to jump through the TV to pat him on the back since that is what he was looking for so he would SHUT UP!
Go to Top of Page

EverettsPride
Advanced Member

1140 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  11:17:28 AM  Show Profile Send EverettsPride a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I felt the same way Lynda. He loves to tell us how wonderful he is. And the scripts crack me up everytime. They all have their little speeches prepared and it is so obvious.

Sally
Go to Top of Page

Court4Fred
Advanced Member

1201 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  11:29:40 AM  Show Profile Send Court4Fred a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't believe a word of it. His budget is the same as 2003? Let's check. :)
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  9:54:40 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The script used to present the school department's numbers gets dragged out at least once a year; it got modified this time by Ela adding some new set of numbers that I couldn't understand. After you watch it, you do want to throw something thru the TV.

This meeting happened about six weeks ago and I haven't watched it since then so my memory may be a little hazy. As much as it galls me to do so, I have to stick up for FFF on this one. I don't believe that he actually did say that the school department's budget was less or the same as 2003; one look at the DOE website would show that was false (not that easy verification of the truth has stopped him from lying before). What I do remember him saying is that the city's contribution to the school department budget has decreased as a percentage of the entire city budget over the last few years. With the way the city's budget has gone up the last few years, how could it not? The reason that I believe this is what he said is because of the script; I've heard him yapping about this same point for the last few years.

This script is all about putting the correct spin on numbers to make your point. Therefore, he never mentions that part of the reason that the city's side of the budget has gone up so dramatically is that they have started to pay for the schools that they built for him. If you bring up that fact, he'll just throw the stabilization fund in your face. Yes, this fund was originally created to pay for the new schools but things change. Some of these changes benefited the school department including the acceleration of the building program and a new high school. It's time to lose this script, but, I won't hold my breath.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2