Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Sports
 Everett Football
 BIG BAD FREDDY
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

Paul

158 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2007 :  7:21:45 PM  Show Profile Send Paul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Court, the post directly before yours was made by bobby --

"Is it true that the one thing that Everett has been known positivly for is the football team and now the coach is leaving? Now what."

I took your post to mean that if Coach Dibs left then the focus would be put back on academics---If I was wrong I am sorry.

If I am wrong--what were posting in response to ?

I just don't want to see a guy like Coach Dibs who has put in many hours of his own time helping kids in this city to be insulted.

When and if he ever leaves here you will see what a void that will create--this city already lacks big time when it comes to supporting the youth here.

Like I said,if I am wrong I am sorry.
Go to Top of Page

Masterful1

421 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2007 :  7:33:52 PM  Show Profile Send Masterful1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, let's see..He has no one to chastise him that matters. He answers to no one, the Drool Committee answers to him. He got Lona to roll over and play dead for him and she STILL has her job. A mayor that completely ignored the letter and when questioned, had that deer in the headlight look, or should I say Eagle in the headlights. LOL

Ever notice how much they are talking about the retirement fund during the budget hearings? That is because of the Geritol crowd.
Go to Top of Page

Paul

158 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2007 :  7:43:49 PM  Show Profile Send Paul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
MIDDLEMAN--In response to your post--

"Paul, I don't know the guy all that well so this is a serious question not a shot at DiBiaso's integrity. When you say he does more than we know to get kids in college and improve their grades, is that any kid or just those that can run a 4.5 40 yard dash or bench 500 pounds?"

Those kids don't need anyone's help getting into college.It is the kids who are less athletically gifted that need the help.

Coach Dib does a lot of work in this area--I know that for a fact and he should be commended for his efforts !
Go to Top of Page

EverettsPride
Advanced Member

1140 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2007 :  11:29:20 PM  Show Profile Send EverettsPride a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And some kids get looked over.

Sally
Go to Top of Page

Court4Fred
Advanced Member

1201 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2007 :  09:18:17 AM  Show Profile Send Court4Fred a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Paul,

The way I see it, the culture is such that as long as Fred Foresteire's football team keeps winning...he can do anything he wants...even take money from special education acounts to spend on football parades, etc. He doesn't even need certified teachers, and was able to fire and rehire teachers with less than three years with impunity...and we let him get away with it by not standing up to his wholly owned subsidiary called the school committee. With MCAS scores in the bottom 25%, we don't have the luxury of this kind of thinking. Your average kid from Everett is not getting into Brown based on his/her SAT scores.
Go to Top of Page

Paul

158 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2007 :  5:56:01 PM  Show Profile Send Paul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Court,you can keep making FFF the issue NOW if you want but I would rather stick to my original post--what were you responding to if not the comment about coach Dib leaving ?

Is there any high school in Mass. that sends their AVERAGE student to Brown ? Of course not--the kids going to Brown really don't need help.

The kids I am referring to are kids who are without money and get into the smaller schools--check it out because there are a lot of Everett kids in smaller schools getting a college education because Coach Dib went the extra mile.

Go to Top of Page

EverettsPride
Advanced Member

1140 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2007 :  6:41:31 PM  Show Profile Send EverettsPride a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I now hear Dib has reconsidered. I wonder what will happen to all of the seniors with excessive absences and bad grades?

Sally

Edited by - EverettsPride on 06/26/2007 6:41:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

Middle-Man 1

188 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2007 :  8:41:06 PM  Show Profile Send Middle-Man 1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paul

MIDDLEMAN--In response to your post--

"Paul, I don't know the guy all that well so this is a serious question not a shot at DiBiaso's integrity. When you say he does more than we know to get kids in college and improve their grades, is that any kid or just those that can run a 4.5 40 yard dash or bench 500 pounds?"

Those kids don't need anyone's help getting into college.It is the kids who are less athletically gifted that need the help.

Coach Dib does a lot of work in this area--I know that for a fact and he should be commended for his efforts !

Paul, if that's the case, and I'll take your word for it, then it would be a great loss to EHS if it did occur. I do commend anyone that goes the extra mile to help those they don't necessarily have to.
Go to Top of Page

Court4Fred
Advanced Member

1201 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2007 :  09:48:17 AM  Show Profile Send Court4Fred a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Paul,

You are the one who has injected Mr. DiBiaso into this discussion. I never mentioned him at all...until you did, so please - don't insinuate that I have "NOW" shifted the direction of the conversation to Mr. Foresteire. My statement stands; it is my sincere hope that the focus will be on academics. Any school system that spends special education allocated funds on football parades and the like needs a focus adjustment. Perhaps, Paul, you'd care to comment on the justice of having special education money misspent that way?

Here's the link to the audit by the state auditor if you want to review "the focus" of this school department.

You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

arthur

212 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  5:15:59 PM  Show Profile Send arthur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have to say FFF layed off alot of people yesterday must of been that hot romance happening at the maddy english.
Go to Top of Page

Paul

158 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  5:23:42 PM  Show Profile Send Paul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The more I look at it, you were responding to Bobby's post--

Posted - 06/22/2007 : 1:47:36 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it true that the one thing that Everett has been known positively for is the football team and now the coach is leaving? Now what.

In the very next post you said--

Posted - 06/22/2007 : 2:06:20 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Pehaps the focus will be redirected toward academics? One can only hope."

I am CONVINCED you were referring to Coach Dibs--

Like I said before,I wish you would say something like that to his face--But since that won't happen it is the end of discussion for me !

Take care BOBBY !

Go to Top of Page

Court4Fred
Advanced Member

1201 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  5:36:50 PM  Show Profile Send Court4Fred a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Paul - it's noted that you failed to respond to my comments about the "focus" - the audit, and the misspending of special ed money. Maybe you don't think that's important...but many other people do. You show more concern about words said without any direct reference to an able bodied and healthy adult man who can stand up for himself - and no concern about the special needs kids who were shortchanged.

I think you've proven me right about the "focus" Paul. Please don't preach to me. There's a culture that you are clearly apart of.

And yes - I would certainly say this to his face. How about those special needs kids?
Go to Top of Page

EverettsPride
Advanced Member

1140 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  7:58:47 PM  Show Profile Send EverettsPride a Private Message  Reply with Quote
FFF lays off a ton of teachers every year. They are all re hired.

Sally
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  8:31:01 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
FFF continues to do these layoffs even though this was one of the items contained in the school department audit. Are these positions funded by grants? The rest of their budget is virtually guaranteed these days! I don't get it! (Well I do but I don't.)
Go to Top of Page

whynot

47 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  9:48:12 PM  Show Profile Send whynot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
he also laid off the cleaning people who clean the schools and kept his favorites on. You can't fool around with peoples lively hoods big deal they got paid for vacation but his rule is you can't collect or he will fire you
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.88 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2