Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 State Representative and Senator
 GALLUCCIO FOR SENATE
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

justthfcts

72 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  10:40:06 AM  Show Profile Send justthfcts a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If the report posted on this Board is true which i imagine that it is than Jarrett Barrios will no longer represent the City of Everett come July. This comes as welcome news to many in Everett although they probably will not admit it. Although for the most part i think he has been an effective Senator, he falls in the Kennedy-McCain category as far as illegals and bending over backwards to give ILLEGAL ALIEN CRIMINALS undeserved benefits and handouts. The clear choice to represent Everett in the State Senate is Anthony Galluccio, i was hoping he would have gone ahead with the race last year but i understand why he did not. Anyway i dont know what other candidates are in the mix and i am pretty sure that there is not a candidate from Everett, so i ask the good citizens in the City of Everett to support ANTHONY GALLUCCIO FOR SENATE!!!!!! PAUL D. DOBBINS.

FrenchFries

23 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  5:21:38 PM  Show Profile Send FrenchFries a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll wait until the papers are in to see if someone in Everett runs. I doubt Galluccio will do anything about illegal aliens.
Go to Top of Page

Citizen Kane
Advanced Member

1082 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  5:41:17 PM  Show Profile Send Citizen Kane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
justthfcts -- what is Galluccio's stand on illegal immigration and rights for undocumented aliens?
Go to Top of Page

justthfcts

72 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2007 :  09:13:53 AM  Show Profile Send justthfcts a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Im sure we will find out what it is soon enough. A rumor in yesterday's Globe said that Gene O'Flaherty was going to go for the seat. Gene O, he being one of the convicted felon Tommy Taxes Finneran's favorite puppets. Here is a kid who started out with such promise like they all do, gets up there has to kiss the ring of Scumbag Finneran and almost immediately becomes a sellout weasel who takes his orders from the CONVICTED FELON WEASEL FINNERAN. Anybody remember Melanie's Law?? Gene O would just jump right from DiMasi's pocket into Therese Murray's pocket, You know what they say on Beacon Hill. Nothing on the level, everything's a deal, and no deal too small. PAUL D. DOBBINS

Edited by - justthfcts on 05/24/2007 09:14:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

jcklla

32 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2007 :  5:54:22 PM  Show Profile Send jcklla a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why? Is Galluccio any different?
Go to Top of Page

jcklla

32 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2007 :  3:14:51 PM  Show Profile Send jcklla a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Senate shoo-in has one week to move to district
Galluccio doesn’t live in the district

By Dave Wedge | Tuesday, October 2, 2007 | You must be logged in to see this link. | Local Politics
A Cambridge city councilor poised to assume former state Sen. Jarrett Barrios’ seat lives outside the district and must move by next week or risk breaking election laws, the Herald has learned.

Anthony Galluccio, who beat out four Democrats in a primary last month and has no Republican challenger in Tuesday’s special election, lives on Sunset Road in Cambridge, which is in the district of Sen. Steven Tolman, not the neighborhood formerly served by Barrios, records show.

In addition to being registered to vote at his Sunset Road home, Galluccio also gets a city of Cambridge residential tax exemption for the property. He has applied for and received the exemption for 2007, Cambridge officials said.

Residents of many cities, including Boston and Cambridge, receive discounted property taxes for their primary residence. It is illegal to live somewhere else while claiming a residential tax exemption.

State election laws require candidates to “be an inhabitant of the district when elected.”

Galluccio spokesman Frank Perullo said the former city councilor and Cambridge mayor “is moving by Tuesday” to comply with election laws but wouldn’t say if he is selling the home.

“The law is pretty clear and it states that you have to live inside a district by the election date,” Perullo said. “Anthony is definitely complying with that law.”

Brian McNiff, a spokesman for Secretary of State William Galvin, said no one challenged Galluccio’s residency when he took out nomination papers. But his election could be challenged by the state Senate, McNiff said.

Galluccio handily won the nomination to succeed Barrios, beating out prosecutor Tim Flaherty, Chelsea City Councilor Paul Nowicki and attorney Jeff Ross, all of whom currently live in the district.

Galluccio, who withdrew from a 2006 Senate race against Barrios, came under fire after a suspicious 2005 late-night accident in Boston during which witnesses alleged he was drunk. No charges were filed. Galluccio has two drunken driving convictions on his record - in 1984 and 1997 - but received a pardon from former Gov. William Weld for the first offense.

Article URL: You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

ItalianDevil021

41 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  4:08:55 PM  Show Profile Send ItalianDevil021 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I never met Galluccio but youd think he would be smart enough to come forward and acknowledge the drinking problems....gee after the problems around this area..who the hell wants a state rep who drinks and drives...
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2007 :  9:01:41 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did anyone bother to vote today?
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2007 :  9:30:23 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yup, by not voting.
Go to Top of Page

Citizen Kane
Advanced Member

1082 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2007 :  08:12:15 AM  Show Profile Send Citizen Kane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, I voted yesterday.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2007 :  6:55:41 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Before the BOA meeting started, I heard the City Clerk tell Alderman Nuzzo that less than 1000 ballots were cast in the entire city in yesterday's election. What a waste!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2