Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 State Representative and Senator
 SELLOUT SMITH
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

justthfcts

72 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  12:03:39 AM  Show Profile Send justthfcts a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It shouldnt really come as any suprise to anyone out here what happened on Beacon Hill on Thursday. All of those who voted for Stat Smith in November knew that he was already bought and paid for by Mass Equality, Jarrett Barrios,and the rest of the "gay mafia" that have been shaking everyone down for the last 3 years. This issue was about honoring the initiative petition process allowed for in the constitution by sending this measure to the ballot in November 2008. Just like the death penalty in 99 or the income tax rollback a few years ago, they continue to spit in the face of the people who continually re-elect them election after election. In a recent conversation i had with Rep. Smith, i let him know that i disagreed with him on this issue and his response was and i quote "I'm the rep, i'll do what i want and if you dont like it, run against me." This is the arrogance of your new state rep, a state rep who is already in the pocket of Sal DiMasi and the rest of the gangsters who are in leadership on Beacon Hill. You know what they say be careful what you wish for!!!!! PAUL D. DOBBINS

Middle-Man 1

188 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  12:34:13 AM  Show Profile Send Middle-Man 1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can't agree with you more justthfcts. It seems some here wish to portray this as only an anti gay marriage issue. It is in fact no such thing. These reps do continue to spit in the face of the electorate, essentially telling us they do not care what we want, they will do whatever they wish. They have not been held accountable by the voters on the issues of the death penalty or the income tax rollback in the past so they feel they can continue on indefinitely with impunity. Well, the buck stops here my friend. I will not run against Mr. Smith but will work to defeat him in the next election cycle by supporting his opponent with my time and my money. Whoever runs only need promise me they will let us use the initiative petition process when we feel aggrieved and I'll be with them. Across this state every pol who chose to steal our right to vote must be challenged and defeated or this crap will never stop.

Edited by - Middle-Man 1 on 06/15/2007 08:46:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

citizen

11 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  10:11:31 AM  Show Profile Send citizen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I for one think Rep. Smith has a great deal of integrity and courage to stand up for what he believes in.

No different than when Ed Conolly was bought and paid for by the anti marriage side.

The vote is over, the process went on as was required by law.. that amendment failed.

Thank God for Rep. Smith.

Edited by - citizen on 06/15/2007 10:12:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

Middle-Man 1

188 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  7:45:59 PM  Show Profile Send Middle-Man 1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK, I'll bite even though I realize you are attempting to goad me into a tizzy fit. Let's make it simple for you. I don't believe Ed Connolly was bought and paid for by anyone citizen. I would be willing to wager a dollar that his campaign was not financed by the " anti-marriage " side as you call it. I actually don't have a problem with Smith taking a contribution from the pro same sex marriage crowd. I do have a problem that he disregarded the wishes of far more contributors and voters to his campaign to satify the desires of a few. This vote is over. Though it was accomplished by questionable means the amendment was stopped for now. It will be back and it will be back every two years until enough arrogant legislators are thrown out on their a** for defying the will of the people. The traditional marriage crowd does'nt need to spend all kinds of money to get people to sign the petition. They willingly sign because of their beliefs without any prodding. On the other hand the pro same-sex marriage bunch spent 10 times the money making dontions and buying propaganda advertisements trying to falsely convince people they were going to "enshrine descimination in the constitution " in a desperate attempt to stop the inevitable. We will make sure they are made to spend, spend, spend every two years until they are forced into the poorhouse if necessary. It has happened all over the country and it will happen here whether you like it or not. It's only a matter of time.
Go to Top of Page

Fran

250 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  10:06:41 PM  Show Profile Send Fran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Justthfcts, Smitty's response to you sounds like he went to the FFF school of public relations. For a guy who makes you think he's so AntiFred he sure sounded a lot like him.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2