Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 Local Election
 School Committee
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2008 :  8:19:50 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Massdee,

Just to clarify.

The second line in your post from this morning is what you originally posted. What you were saying in the first line is that the names need to be swapped to make the second line accurate.

Have watched the explosive portion of the meeting again and tried to hear what Stat was saying at that point. He seemed to be making some allegations of his own. Didn't catch enough of it to post anything at this time but will keep on trying to figure it out.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2008 :  10:15:20 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Tetris.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2008 :  11:38:09 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Watched the meeting again to try to figure out what the three things that Stat wanted to say before all hell broke loose were. I'm fairly certain that he just listed the legal issues of FFF, DeFeo and Shea. I thought that FFF had crossed the line before that but, after finally hearing Stat's three items, FFF's final remark before the meeting went to black probably should be considered to be a fair comeback to Stat's last remarks. Neither should have made their remarks and they were both equally wrong for doing so.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  09:21:50 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That meeting certainly wasn't a proud moment for either of them.

Go to Top of Page

Lynda
Advanced Member

1282 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  09:54:39 AM  Show Profile Send Lynda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We knew when Stat was elected that it was just a matter of time for this to hit the fan.
I have not gotten the opportunity to watch the whole meeting as of yet.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2008 :  09:00:45 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have now listened to that meeting a few times. What was with that screaming from Mr Parker? I never get the Advocate anymore, how did they cover this meeting?
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2008 :  11:25:46 AM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Advocate's coverage was very similar to the Independent's (and so were 3 pages that appeared to be bought and paid for by the school department). Their opinion piece asked for Smith to concentrate on his Beacon Hill job but stopped short of asking for him to step down from the school committee. I thought it was interesting that the Leader-Herald ignored the story completely but still had its own school department pages; let's see how long that lasts.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2008 :  11:37:47 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Advocate didn't mention Mr Forresteire's part in the confrontation either?
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2008 :  12:14:08 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No FFF, No Parker, Not much praise for Mr. McLaughlin. A separate article about the great presentation. It's almost like someone told them what to write...
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2008 :  12:22:02 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gee, I wonder who that could be.......
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2008 :  4:51:45 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thought it was interesting that the Advocate's website has Rosa's blue parking commission as its top/only Everett story of the week. Must not get any money for the website or that was the story that physically best fit in the space alloted to Everett on the website.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2008 :  10:48:22 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did anyone see tonight's school committee meeting? I'll assume that things were calmer tonight since the board isn't lit up tonight about it. The one time that I switched over for a minute from the CC, they seemed to be talking about trying to line-up donations of used instruments for the music department. In the brief period that I watched, Stat had to slip in something about getting the local papers to cover the school department for free and better spending that money on something else. I may have gotten that out of context; I'll have to catch a re-run to be sure.

Edited by - tetris on 05/20/2008 12:32:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2008 :  10:56:27 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I forgot the meeting was even on. I'll have to watch the tape.
Go to Top of Page

charm

264 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2008 :  12:40:29 PM  Show Profile Send charm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
it was calm, gave out citations and went into executive session to talk about employee's and then adjorn
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2008 :  3:07:46 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
People need to understand Stat Smith's frustrations with the school committee. I don't blame him and some people may have not seen this report. This is what matters and it's terrible, truly terrible.

You must be logged in to see this link.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.29 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2