Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community
 Wood Waste
 Wood Waste
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 48

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2008 :  10:21:26 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can a city council legally be served?

That’s what they are there for and their getting sued?? Once again, this shows the audacity and character of the person. He has NO intention on working this out with Newburyport. He wants his way or the highway and it will be the same thing in Everett.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2008 :  09:16:10 AM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe that Next G was suing the BOA over the denial of their license. So, yes, they can be served and brought to court.

Edited by - tetris on 07/08/2008 09:18:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2008 :  09:46:35 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by outoftowner

It might be a good thing if some Everett citizens showed up at the July 14 Superior Court session to hear first-hand what goes on. As reported earlier, the discussions supposedly involve a pending preliminary injunction for Wood Waste in Everett.

The session will be held in the Suffolk Superior Court building on near the State House in Boston. I will post more detailed information about the time, etc., when I find out.

Has anyone been able to find any info on this pending preliminary injunction for Wood Waste in Everett?
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2008 :  10:13:28 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I read this quote on the other blog so I can not confirm accuracy however, I'm sure we will find out if this is true after the hearing and if it is, we were not told whole truths...

"There is a July 14th hearing scheduled for Massachusetts v. Wood Waste to be held in conjunction with the New Ventures hearing at Suffolk Superior Court at 2 pm. Maybe Carlo doesn't know about it but Rossi must have...."
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2008 :  1:22:24 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think I remember Attorney Rossi saying that Mr Thibeault is going to be pulling building permits at both sites, Boston Street and lower Broadway. First, if he does not own lower Broadway, how can he pull a building permit for that property? Second, if he is approved for two building permits, what will prevent him from having two transfer stations here in Everett? I just don't trust the gentleman.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2008 :  1:39:57 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nothing will stop him. That will be his property and he will find a loophole and override the council. Perfect example will be this.....

If in fact there is a conjunction hearing on July 14th concerning Wood Waste....then we know Attorney Rossi was not being completely honest. We already know Attorney Rossi contradicted himself at a meeting. In one sentence he said the state would over turn Newburyport's decision to bring the waste from Wood Waste then in another sentence he said the waste would go to Ohio and Michigan. Those piles certainly have not gone down and either has the stench! So which is it??? The question was asked if we had to wait and he said NO.

Another issue about this is right on the site that is currently owned by Modern Continental there is a new trailer that was put there. If Modern Continental filed bankruptcy on that property and William Thibeault is trying to purchase it.....who is it that's doing this activity on the land by the train tracks and why would it be Modern Continental if they filed bankruptcy? I'm sure a pretty good lawyer could have had that company sell the land pretty quick to him. I hope it's not already starting.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2008 :  2:10:55 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
With all that is going on in Everett, the CC and BOA should have never taken the summer off, both branches should have scheduled at least one meeting each month.

Can the city council call for a special meeting or can that only be done by the mayor?
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2008 :  2:43:41 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just read this on Topix:

"Massachusetts v. Wood Waste - Preliminary Injunction Hearing 7/14 at 2 pm Suffolk Superior Court (same time as the Massachusetts v. New Ventures hearing)- Coincidence I think NOT. GO AND SAVE EVERETT FROM THIBEAULT!"
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

136 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2008 :  5:29:24 PM  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tails I read your post about the new trailer and made a point to have a car wash. Is it the old beat up one you are talking about that was recently put there? You are right that was not there before and its on the property next to construction equipment. Dont know whos it belongs to but intresting.
Go to Top of Page

just wondering

387 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2008 :  8:14:42 PM  Show Profile Send just wondering a Private Message  Reply with Quote
gotta love a good conspiracy theory......I'd love to see those piles of construction debris removed just to see if Jimmy Hoffa is buried there. Once the Wood Waste issue is resolved I think we should turn our attention on determining exactly who was on that grassy knoll down in Dallas.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2008 :  9:07:56 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes Hallowed Dreams ….that is what I was referring to. Just found it odd that something would be placed on a property that was either foreclosed or bankrupt and especially the property Mr. Thibeault has been trying to get.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2008 :  10:25:40 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This from Topix is so true and how can our city council or the entire city believe a word any of these people say:

"Hopefully," DeMaria said, "he is a man of his word."

The hearing was scheduled prior to this statement. How come no one felt the need to let us know it was happening? DeMaria, Rossi and Thibealt were all present at the last meeting and no one thought it was important to tell us that the Commonwealth was suing Wood Waste? Instead we should sell Wood Waste the land on lower Broadway before anyone found out about it. Liars, liars, liars...Shame on you all.
Go to Top of Page

just wondering

387 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2008 :  09:33:06 AM  Show Profile Send just wondering a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The city doesn't own the land so "we" can't sell it....shame on you for not knowing that
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

136 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2008 :  11:42:21 AM  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All Woodwaste concerns are tied together starting with fourth street and that does not excuse the fact this information was kept from the common council.
Go to Top of Page

just wondering

387 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2008 :  2:29:09 PM  Show Profile Send just wondering a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Has anyone gone down and looked at fourth street? It's completely covered with vegitation (except for the part outside the old city yard).
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 48 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2