Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community
 Wood Waste
 Wood Waste
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 48

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2009 :  08:39:46 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The mayor said that the Crow Lane landfill issue in Newburyport will be settled in the next 7 to 10 days, and Wood Waste would begin dumping up there again. I wonder if the people in Newburyport know this.

If someone from Newburyport is reading here, could you please bring us up to date with what is going on in your community?
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  12:23:51 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some interesting reading here from a Newburyport councilor on the fact that most of the C&D material is starting to head out of state. I'd like to know what that means for the future of Wood Waste and where he plans on sending this material in the future. He's not going to be able to store it like he has once the landfill is capped. Has anyone asked about long term, since we know he is staying on the parkway and planning on staying in Everett?

You must be logged in to see this link.

Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  01:12:48 AM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does anybody know anything more about Lower Broadway and the planning board?
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  10:54:16 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I understand a site map was submitted to the Planning Board last night from Wood Waste to sub divide the parcel on lower Broadway.

Thibeault does not own this property yet. How can the city even accept anything on this property from Thibeault?

Screams of more political favors for Wood Waste from Mayor DeMaria! My opinion!

Edited by - massdee on 02/10/2009 11:25:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  8:14:06 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is the site map. The man does not even own the property!

Edited by - Tails on 02/11/2009 11:59:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  10:45:15 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looking at this site plan, and I could be wrong, is that parcel that Wood Waste wants crossing over Chemical Lane and heading towards the water?
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  11:12:08 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It certainly looks like the triangular piece of land that Mr Rossi described in the past has turned into something more than that. And what happens to Chemical Lane? Isn't that needed for an emergency exit from the Gateway Mall? To be fair though, the MBTA parcel has the same issue. I'm trying to find out something definitive on this but I'm not having much luck yet. I'll keep trying though.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  2:44:34 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is there any way to figure out how big each parcel is? I can't read any of the writing on the site plan.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  3:01:22 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I asked a planning board member what happened and they said this passed favorable 5-0. I also inquired if he actually owned the property, and this person didn't know.

How can the "Planning Board" for the "City of Everett" a "Municipality" go ahead and vote for something when the person does not even own the property?

Can I, as a private citizen, go to the planning board with plans on someone else's house (other than my own) and plan on an addition or whatever?

Can I go to the planning board and say "Here are plans to put an addition to Massdee's house, but I'm not the owner"

I cant see them even bothering to waste their time.

It's the same thing, isn't it?
Go to Top of Page

just wondering

387 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  4:11:14 PM  Show Profile Send just wondering a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's nuts....how can the question of ownership not be asked during a planning board meeting?? Who was the planning board member?
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  4:30:16 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think "who" the member was is irrelevant. To my knowledge, that property on lower Broadway has not been purchased by Thibeault. I know he has rights to the property and he's leasing it, or whatever, but until he has papers saying he is the owner of both parcels, he should not have been able to have a sneaky planning board meeting. I know I couldn't. It reeks of political favors.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  4:33:16 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think the important questions are; does Mr Thibeault own that property or not? If not, is it proper for the planning board to even vote on this issue?

Edited by - massdee on 02/11/2009 4:43:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  6:08:52 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I finally was able to track down some info from the planning board meeting with regards to the Lower Broadway site. A preliminary plan was submitted to the city to split the lower Broadway parcel in two. It was unclear to my source who submitted the plan but it sounded like Mr. Thibeault still doesn't own the property. You'll see why I say that in a second.

The only issue that the city wanted to see addressed in this plan was to maintain the right of way on Chemical Lane. The building department requested that it be put into deed when the property changes hands. The planning board agreed with that recommendation and approved the plan 5-0. Whoever has six months or so to submit a final plan; at that time, there will be a public hearing. That's all I heard.

Look at it this way. If you bought a piece of property to build a certain type of house, wouldn't you want to know if you could build it before you bought the land? It just makes goods business sense. The public have an opportunity to have their say as there will still be a public hearing on the decision before the final plan can be approved. And the city benefited by having input into the process and proposing that deed restriction. And we benefit by knowing that the possibility that Wood Waste moving to that location is not as dead as some would like us to believe. Sorry, but to me, it just sounds like the right thing was done for everybody's sake, at least this time around.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  6:49:06 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can understand that, and thanks for the information. That explains it a little better. Still........I would not get those special privileges. He has not even been a good corporate neighbor to deserve any of this.

I bet other businesses would not be able to do this. Just two weeks ago the Mayor said he is building his enclosed facility on Boston Street.

Is that changing AGAIN??? They change week after week. Why does the city keep doing back flips for him? They are so screwed up at city hall and don't have a clue what they are doing.

What happened with the enforcement agreement? I heard that was not signed. By NOT sighing it, Thibeault was shoving up the mayors @ss and he still gets special privileges??

Who is it that's running the city here?
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  7:20:01 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I also heard the Enforcement Agreement wasn't signed. I was told it was due to the language the Aldermen added. Why am I not surprised!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 48 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2