Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community
 Wood Waste
 Wood Waste
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 48

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2009 :  3:32:04 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Speaking of reporters, I hope there are some at the BOA meeting tonight.

"Deb"
Go to Top of Page

mainemo

25 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2009 :  3:38:15 PM  Show Profile Send mainemo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
perhaps someone should submit the pics and news articles to a national media say like fox news.
Go to Top of Page

mainemo

25 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2009 :  3:41:31 PM  Show Profile Send mainemo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This topic is now heading into its 3rd page for today it all started on page 42 3-23-09 this morn
Go to Top of Page

mainemo

25 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2009 :  09:34:03 AM  Show Profile Send mainemo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just check out the new Everett website the pic there on wood waste is even nastier than ones posted here. Do these pics get run in any of your newspapers????
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2009 :  09:40:12 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nope, not one paper will run those pictures. The papers want the city advertisements and will do nothing to jeopardize that source of income.

"Deb"
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2009 :  09:41:55 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's the back of Wood Waste where you have overturned smelly dumpsters. Totally disgusting.
Go to Top of Page

mainemo

25 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2009 :  09:45:16 AM  Show Profile Send mainemo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So what you are saying is the city controls the papers. What ever happened to unbiased journalism
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2009 :  10:06:50 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My opinion is, yes. It's indirectly, but the papers know what issues to stay away from. If they write a piece on Wood Waste it is all fluff.

If a viable candidate announces they are running against the present mayor, the papers will probably do one of two things, support one of the candidates and eviscerate the other or try to look like they are being neutral.

Like I said, just my opinion.

"Deb"
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2009 :  4:40:10 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You must be logged in to see this link.

Some new pictures of Wood Waste. Interesting......

Go to Top of Page

citizensforeverett

3 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2009 :  3:45:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit citizensforeverett's Homepage Send citizensforeverett a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wood Waste caught hiding hazardous waste instead of removing it.

Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2009 :  6:22:42 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well........it would appear to me that the consent agreement may have been broken already.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2009 :  08:42:59 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by citizensforeverett

Wood Waste caught hiding hazardous waste instead of removing it.

If what is being reported here is true, the city and the state must step in and do something about it. I hope Citizens for Everett sent their photos to all of Everett's elected officials and to the state.

It will not surprise me in the least if this turns out to be true. It would be one more instance of Wood Waste not being in compliance.

If true, will our Board of Health finally issue a Cease and Desist Order? I guess we will just have to "wait and see" again.

"Deb"
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2009 :  09:02:36 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think it's clear what's happening here. I was at Wood Waste on Sunday, and it stunk. The piles on the Chelsea side are humongous.

This is exactly what Mayor DeMaria said he would NOT allow. Remember him saying at a meeting that he would NOT allow him to stir up the piles and move them around on the site, because of the odors it would cause? Well....that's what's happening right now and there should be an IMMEDIATE cease and desist. The entire city council should demand it, and if not, then we know which side of the fence they are on, and it's not the residents.

Jay Ash must not be too thrilled this morning. He will never see the development that he was hoping for there. It's about time he realized that too.

Edited by - Tails on 04/21/2009 09:04:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

136 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2009 :  09:26:07 AM  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The problem is the C and D material is being moved around contaminating more spots. Your right Carlo said once he touched the pile that was to be moveed off the site.
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2009 :  09:53:14 AM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Living in Ward 1, I happened to receive a copy of a newsletter style document from Councilor Peter Napolitano yesterday/last night. As I recall, he has done this before but not for a while. Even though it is not marked as being campaign related document, I would consider it as such, especially since the last time that I remember getting one was around the time of the prior election. Because of my perception, I won't reproduce much of it here. But, there was an interesting rumor, possibly related to Wood Waste, mentioned in it that I hadn't heard before, along with an effort to dispell it. So, I thought it was appropriate to share that part of his document here:

"The sad part is that now there seems to be unsubstantiated rumors regarding Stop & Shop. Hopefully this not due to the prospect of having Wood Waste as a permanent neighbor. Rest assured, there are discussions with Stop & Shop to prevent this high profile location and asset to the community from becoming another empty storefront."

As I can say is take that for what you will.

Edited by - tetris on 04/30/2009 09:57:10 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 48 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.24 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2