Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community
 Community
 Negative/Positive Postings
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Masterful1

421 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2005 :  09:45:16 AM  Show Profile Send Masterful1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nah, John won't say anything about the Fred. He will probably say that he is tooooo busy trying to straighten out The Hall. You know, firing, hiring and general house cleaning. Wait a minute, there is a "hiring freeze". Let's see if he attends ANY school committee meetings. That will speak volumes in my book. Well, maybe he can ask Dowd to have the papers put a good spin on it.
Go to Top of Page

WICKED PISSA

115 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2005 :  12:57:45 PM  Show Profile Send WICKED PISSA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You could attend a play and it would be the same as Hanlon going to the school committee meetings. Maybe Fred will write John into the script.
Go to Top of Page

H1ghCh4r1ty
Advanced Member

967 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2005 :  7:25:08 PM  Show Profile Send H1ghCh4r1ty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hanlon will never rock the school committee boat.

As someone already said "Don't bite the hand that feeds you."

Emile Schoeffhausen
Go to Top of Page

Masterful1

421 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2005 :  09:02:37 AM  Show Profile Send Masterful1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can I drill a hole in the boat?

Can't he at least start nibbling?

LOL
Go to Top of Page

richie

139 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2005 :  3:02:11 PM  Show Profile Send richie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
kudos
Go to Top of Page

Jane

102 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2005 :  10:14:00 AM  Show Profile Send Jane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
has anyone seen the red lettering on the yellow building down in the square. I feel like I am in Brazil now.
Go to Top of Page

WICKED PISSA

115 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2005 :  11:37:01 AM  Show Profile Send WICKED PISSA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
just saw it today. how many times has that place changed hands in the last 3 years? Who actually owns the building? Anyone Know?
Go to Top of Page

michael

195 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2005 :  1:57:04 PM  Show Profile Send michael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
dempsey's owns their business and the old kippo's the yellow building i think is still own by jeff bouviere but not sure
Go to Top of Page

lisa

143 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  8:16:41 PM  Show Profile Send lisa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I saw the red sign on the yellow building down everett square
I understand that its going to be a bar and dancing also. All I can say is HOWS RUDE LOL
Go to Top of Page

H1ghCh4r1ty
Advanced Member

967 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  10:17:08 PM  Show Profile Send H1ghCh4r1ty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Little Brazil right here in Everett.

Hanlon said he would do something about this. Let's see what happens. His ads said something about "getting the city back to the people". aomething like that.

SHOW US NOW!!!!

I hope he was talking about what has happened to our city.

Emile Schoeffhausen
Go to Top of Page

lizbeth

184 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  10:22:06 PM  Show Profile Send lizbeth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do something about what? People opening legitimate businesses in the city? How do you stop that? If they have the proper permits and licenses, then how do you stop a business from opening in a business zoned area?

Is it the business you object to, or just the nationality of the people opening it?

Where did your ancestors come from, Emile?
Go to Top of Page

Court4Fred
Advanced Member

1201 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  10:38:19 PM  Show Profile Send Court4Fred a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lizbeth...I think Emile's response was "tongue in cheek." I think he's responding to Hanlon's ad about "fixing" all this.
Go to Top of Page

H1ghCh4r1ty
Advanced Member

967 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  11:05:57 PM  Show Profile Send H1ghCh4r1ty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you "Court". I am not racist.

I'm calling Hanlon out on his promises.

Hanlon alluded to "fixing" all of this.

My heritage is Norwegian/Canine.

DWHH

How will he do this?

Emile Schoeffhausen
Go to Top of Page

lisa

143 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2005 :  06:38:16 AM  Show Profile Send lisa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lizbeth I don't object to the business and I can't speak for H1 I object to the colors its a disgrace to this city go into the old square drug you want to see some upset talk to the man who runs that business
Go to Top of Page

lizbeth

184 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2005 :  08:10:55 AM  Show Profile Send lizbeth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And I ask you again . . . fix what?

I didn't accuse you of being a racist, Emile, but you have a history of writing some decidedly, shall we say, anti-immigrant commentary.

What is it that needs to be fixed? You refer to the city as "Little Brazil", so I have to assume that you feel this is what needs to be fixed in the same way people in the past thought the Italian and Irish "problem" needed to be fixed. Guess what . . . they're still here.

I agree, Lisa, that the color scheme is somewhat garish. Complain to your elected officials? Don't we have some sort of sign ordinances or something on the books that's supposed to control how outrageous this type of "decor" can get?

However, if you drive down Ferry Street -- you'll also see that delightful nightclub "The Crypt," a tatoo parlor and a body piercing shop. If nothing could be done about those, I'm not sure something can be done about the color scheme in Everett Square.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2