Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 General Discussion
 Mailer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2009 :  10:33:15 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did everyone receive that mailer today from the mayor? Why is everything he does have to be so much larger than anyone else? Personally, I thought it was over the top, especially since he is unopposed.

I heard Smith has one out too. I didn't receive that one.

"Deb"

Edited by - massdee on 10/28/2009 10:44:32 PM

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2009 :  10:57:53 PM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thought that it stretched the truth, especially in regards to financial matters. "Saving city $986,000". Don't they read there own press releases? A good chunk of that had to be returned to the state. "Cut millions of dollars from city budget by eliminating goverment waste". I'd like to see that detailed.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2009 :  11:06:05 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He forgot to mention pretty flowers and what happened to the lemon trees down at the rotary.

"Deb"
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2009 :  6:12:20 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He must think we're all as stupid as he is if he expects us to believe that crap!
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2009 :  11:19:30 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I received a card at my house today, hand delivered, not mailed. It was from "Everett Residence for Change". Did anyone else get one?

It was a card and it said: Take this poll card with you to vote. The other side was titled: "Enough is Enough". It was a scathing account of Fred's legal problems and ended with a list of new School Committee members to vote for.

"Deb"
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2009 :  05:41:14 AM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We got one too. I'm sure Stat's behind it but I'm disappointed that who it came from isn't identified. I'm also wondering if Residence was supposed to be Residents? On the other blog someone said the address was Stat's place on the corner of Main & School.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2009 :  09:04:56 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This really ticked me off. I just received a call from a family member, who told me he/she received an email at his/her private email address at work from the Committee to Re-elect Carlo DeMaria.

How the hell did they get a hold of a private business email address?

"Deb"

Edited by - massdee on 10/30/2009 09:05:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

imbroglio

47 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2009 :  09:14:46 AM  Show Profile Send imbroglio a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I understand why Everett residents would be for change, but what exactly does a residence want to change?
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2009 :  09:28:38 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Advocate had a picture of 70 Main St and it's an open lot. I think it was one of those houses that burned down during the tanker fire.
Go to Top of Page

Fran

250 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2009 :  11:32:50 AM  Show Profile Send Fran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Everett Residence for Change" - they used Residence instead of Residents? That and using a phony address is pretty encouraging.
Go to Top of Page

Cruller DaVille

148 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2009 :  1:53:06 PM  Show Profile Send Cruller DaVille a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How much more are we going to allow? This is a horrible trend. Its been going on for the good part of a decade now. We are going to rule the day we allowed decietful, demeaning and untruthful individuals represent us.

Just MY Humble Opinion.......

"Cruller DaHville"
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2009 :  2:33:27 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
New mailer today from the Committee to Elect Carlo DeMaria. It's another over sized card with a picture of the Mayor, Puleo and Mangan on the front and on the back the Mayor giving Mangan and Puleo his support for the Board of Alderman.

"Deb"
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2009 :  2:39:28 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It must be nice to have that kind of money to throw around like they are bigger than their opponents. Talk about stacking the deck!

So much for Carlo’s word on “Going Green” with his oversized propaganda.
Go to Top of Page

Fran

250 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2009 :  2:47:17 PM  Show Profile Send Fran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Keep the big cards coming so I can get some recycle points1
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2009 :  3:03:29 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good one Fran. I didn't think of that!

"Deb"
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2009 :  3:51:01 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, here is the picture of the front of the mayor's latest mailer.

You must be logged in to see this link.

"Deb"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2