Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 General Discussion
 Buckley
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2009 :  11:13:14 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are there any updates on the firing of Mike Buckley?

It been kept very quiet.

"Deb"

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2009 :  05:14:20 AM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If anyone knows anything, they must be under orders not to discuss it!
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2009 :  07:09:52 AM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by A Saucerful of Secrets

All I know is that he resigned.

Ya, right!
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2009 :  09:03:34 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I read on Topix that he was stealing copper from the city and sold it to HH&M Metals. Real intelligent to steal from a city and sell the merchandise in the same city.

Carlo, think about it the next time you take on one of Curtatone’s baggage, or anyone else’s for that matter!

“Gone are the days”
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2009 :  8:48:54 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He might of been given the option to resign or be fired.

"Deb"
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2009 :  9:45:34 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yup! A resignation looks better for both sides. Carlo save face & Buckley doesn't have that black mark showing.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2009 :  10:33:01 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And of course, it's all about saving face.....

"Deb"
Go to Top of Page

streetsmart

37 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2009 :  07:58:33 AM  Show Profile Send streetsmart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
BREAKING NEWS, BREAKING NEWS,

ANTHONY RANIERI DOES NOT WORK FOR THE CITY AS OF YESTERDAY, WORD LAST NITE, HE WORKED OUT A DEAL FOR A RETIREMENT WITH CARLO
Go to Top of Page

tetris

2040 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2009 :  10:14:46 AM  Show Profile Send tetris a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Comes as no surprise. He's got his three years in at a full time city salary so he can collect his retirement at thast rate rather than his councilor's salary. Now that the election is over, it won't have any effect in that context, not that it really would have anyways.
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2009 :  10:38:42 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now that the election is over we will probably be hearing more of this type of thing.

" Gone are the days"

"Deb"
Go to Top of Page

streetsmart

37 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2009 :  09:47:19 AM  Show Profile Send streetsmart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
and now us taxpayers will be footing a bill for his retirement, health insurance, and I don't know but, I think he can collect is council pay now. NOTHING LIKE DOUBLE DIPPING THE CITY OF EVERETT
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2009 :  10:12:35 AM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's a good question. If someone retires from the city and is collecting a pension from the city, can they receive their pay for being on the city council?

"Deb"
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2009 :  10:18:09 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That should be something to look into. It is, after all, taxpayer money.

Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2009 :  1:38:19 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd love to see the Charter Commission find a way to stop what I consider to be pension abuse by our elected officials. I don't understand how they justify giving them credit as full time employees for every year they were on the CC or BOA. (I won't even get into the 6 or so days of the year they leave office!)

In the past twenty years, they've taken every summer off and don't come anywhere near working a 35 hour week. (except perhaps when they're campaigning) Then they nab a full time, high paying, position for 3 years and stick it to the taxpayers.

Politicians suck.................. They can say what they want, but in the end, it's all anout them!
Go to Top of Page

Fran

250 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  12:26:36 PM  Show Profile Send Fran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
can't blame Tony R's double dipping on Carlo. Carlo didn't hire him.
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  2:23:13 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fran

can't blame Tony R's double dipping on Carlo. Carlo didn't hire him.

I don't recall balming Carlo............. for Ranieri. BUT, we can certainly lay Hickey & Nuzzo at his feet.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2