Everett Average Citizen
Everett Average Citizen
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics
 General Discussion
 Buckley
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Fran

250 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  4:43:03 PM  Show Profile Send Fran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
my response wasn't targeted to any one person, just the masses. Sorry if it came across that way.
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  4:50:59 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But the point is.............. the system stinks and too many of our politicians take advantage of a very large loophole. I do hope the Charter Commission can fill that hole!
Go to Top of Page

massdee

5299 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  6:12:10 PM  Show Profile Send massdee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Charter Commission are the only one's that would fill that loop hole. I certainly don't see any elected official wanting it do it. It would stop their gravy train.

"Deb"
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2009 :  07:42:46 AM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Exactly! They develop the belief that they deserve it and will justify it by telling you about the early morning/late night calls they took for X number of years and all the complaints and verbal abuse they "took" from angry/upset constituent.

Somehow they forget that they asked for that "job" and could have walked away whenever they chose. Instead, they hold the elected position for awhile and when it's time to start thinking about retirement, they look at the city pension fund as their cash cow. They talk to the mayor, make a few promises/compromises, and the next thing you know, they have a fulltime city position. Three years later, they can retire with a pension calculated on 18 years @ $40,000, $50,000, or $60,000. The fact that 12, 15, or 23 of those years they didn't "work" more than 5/hour a week doesn't matter.........except to the taxpayers.

We might have one or two who woulf vote for a change, but the majority certainly won't!
Go to Top of Page

MIKE1955

13 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2009 :  08:16:58 AM  Show Profile Send MIKE1955 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by streetsmart

and now us taxpayers will be footing a bill for his retirement, health insurance, and I don't know but, I think he can collect is council pay now. NOTHING LIKE DOUBLE DIPPING THE CITY OF EVERETT

CAN JASON MARCUS DO THIS ALSO????????????????CAN HE COLLECT FORM THE MBTA AND THE CITY ALSO???????
Go to Top of Page

MIKE1955

13 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2009 :  08:30:00 AM  Show Profile Send MIKE1955 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by massdee

Are there any updates on the firing of Mike Buckley?

It been kept very quiet.

"Deb"

DID HE HIRE THE UN QUALIFIED SAM AMARDO TO RUN THE EVERETT REC, BECAUSE HE STATED IN CRAIGS LISTING THE REC DIRECTOR NEEDED A COLLAGE DEGREE AND AT LEAST 5 TO 7 YEARS IN THE FIELD,THE SAD PART IS THERE ARE MORE QUALIFIED PEOPLE WHO COULD HAVE RUN THE REC, BUT DID NOT APPLY BECAUSE OF THE QUALIFICATIONS LISTED ,DID THE MAYOR SAY AT 1 POINT WE DID NOT NEED A DIRECTOR, AND LET RICK MILLEY GO?????, SAD PART IS CARLO IS THE PUPPET MASTER AT THE REC, AND SAM IS THE PUPPET, AS SEEN IN THE PAPERS THE MAYOR PRESENTS THIS AT THE REC OR THAT AT THE REC, NOTHING ABOUT SAM, THIS WAS A INSIDE JOB, BETTER PEOPLE SHOULD BE RUNNING THE REC, IT IS NOT THE SAME AT THE REC ANYMORE .
Go to Top of Page

MIKE1955

13 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2009 :  08:34:48 AM  Show Profile Send MIKE1955 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by justme

[quote]Originally posted by Fran

can't blame Tony R's double dipping on Carlo. Carlo didn't hire him.

I don't recall balming Carlo............. for Ranieri. BUT, we can certainly lay Hickey & Nuzzo at his feet. THE SAD PART, NUZZO AND HICKEY WERE STANDUP MEN AT 1 POINT, TRADED IT IN FOR A RUMP SWAB JOB, ALSO HICKEY WHO WORKS FOR THE CITY, NOW IS ON THE CHARTER REVIEW BOARD, TALK ABOUT A CONFLICT OF INTEREST.
Go to Top of Page

MIKE1955

13 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2009 :  08:36:14 AM  Show Profile Send MIKE1955 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by massdee

The Charter Commission are the only one's that would fill that loop hole. I certainly don't see any elected official wanting it do it. It would stop their gravy train.

"Deb"

HANLON, MARCUS AND HICKEY.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2009 :  11:04:31 AM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope this Ranieri rumor is not true, and hiring yet another councilor in his job. It can easily be proven if he's collecting unemployment.
Go to Top of Page

justme
Advanced Member

1428 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2009 :  3:36:15 PM  Show Profile Send justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The only way Ranieri can collect unemployment is if he's laid off. If he's laid off, the position would have to be eliminated which means it no longer exists so there's no way Carlo can put Rosa, or anyome else there. This whole thing just doesn't add up........

I'm beginning to think this is nothing more than someone trying to stir the pot & rile people up.
Go to Top of Page

Tails
Administrator

2682 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2009 :  4:08:36 PM  Show Profile Send Tails a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anything is possible, but there are ways around things too. We were told by the mayor's own mouth, that he implemented a hiring freeze when the incentive was offered.

We now know he did not keep his word on that.

I'd like to know if Ranieri is another double dipper, like we've seen in past, and if he is collecting unemployment. I heard from two different people that's true.

From what I heard, his status is "laid off" and will collect unemployment. When that runs out, he will collect his pension.

Can he do that? (collect a pension check from his city services job) AND serve on the common council......... *and* collect a paycheck?

What does that do to his pension benefits? Just make them increase?

I'm not an expert, and none of it sounds ethical to me and I think it's only going to get worse. The real worse part about the whole thing is the man is not deserving. He plays around, he only does things for his "friends" and hangs up illegal signs on the street, bold face lies on TV and accuses Best Buy... and gets away with it.

This is almost as ridiculous as being told..........the tax rate is up, but your taxes are not.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Everett Average Citizen © 2000-05 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2